Page 128 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Apologies ahead of time, but I didn't feel like reading through 2400 posts and search didn't help. I have downloaded latest versions of everything needed but for some reason when I try and install Quick install on my PC (Visa home premium) the black dos box flashes on the screen...that's it!

I've updated Java, reboot PC several times, reinstalled java, etc.....I just got my Pre and really want to get these homebrew apps runnin' Any help?

p.s. Great forums btw!
    Not sure if this is the correcto place to post this but here goes...... my phone works perfect with this program, however when I try to use my wife's phone I get the message "please connect your device then hit ok". What am I doing wrong?
    hi guys wondered if someone could help.downloaded web os quick instal and web os doctor but when I connect my phone it says no devis detected error. Re connect and click okay but just won't work. Any ideas appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by honkifyawanagolouder View Post
    hi guys wondered if someone could help.downloaded web os quick instal and web os doctor but when I connect my phone it says no devis detected error. Re connect and click okay but just won't work. Any ideas appreciated
    Did you follow all the instructions in the first post in this thread? If you are running 64 bit Windows, make sure to follow the specific instructions for installing Novacom.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkj View Post
    Apologies ahead of time, but I didn't feel like reading through 2400 posts and search didn't help. I have downloaded latest versions of everything needed but for some reason when I try and install Quick install on my PC (Visa home premium) the black dos box flashes on the screen...that's it!

I've updated Java, reboot PC several times, reinstalled java, etc.....I just got my Pre and really want to get these homebrew apps runnin' Any help?

p.s. Great forums btw!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjohnson View Post
    Not sure if this is the correcto place to post this but here goes...... my phone works perfect with this program, however when I try to use my wife's phone I get the message "please connect your device then hit ok". What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by honkifyawanagolouder View Post

Error message in Linux when trying to remove an application from "Install" list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Erix (a.k.a. Rednex)
    IBM WorkPad 20x-> IBM WorkPad 30x -> Palm V -> Trēo 180g -> Trēo 270 -> Trēo 600 -> Trēo 650 -> Palm Prē
    Rednexx:

Packages are removed from the "Device Management" function.
    When on KDE 4.3 (Kubuntu 9.10), screen resolution 1600x1200, the window is crippled - button labels can not be seen. C attachment.
    Erix (a.k.a. Rednex)
    IBM WorkPad 20x-> IBM WorkPad 30x -> Palm V -> Trēo 180g -> Trēo 270 -> Trēo 600 -> Trēo 650 -> Palm Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Rednexx:

Packages are removed from the "Device Management" function.
    Sorry If my post was not clear enough: I'm not talking removing packages from device, but removing them from list in window, where you select packages for installation. I managed to put there 2 copies of same package accidentally, and could not remove second instance form "to be installed" list, i.e., "-" (minus) button did not work.
    Erix (a.k.a. Rednex)
    When opening Online Repository tab, I get error message (c screenshot), yet - after clicking "Ok" list loads;
    I have no reason to believe it's no not full, but I have not tried to verify it.
    Erix (a.k.a. Rednex)
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Sorry....searched and don't have time to sift through pages.

I checked and the new WebOS Doctor Image (1.3.1) is posted to Palms site. I hate how they make you download a .JNLP file that then DL's the main, 200MB file but doesn't tell you where it's saved.

Can anyone help me either:
    1. Find the location it downloads to on my PC
    or
    2. Extract the direct download link from the JNLP file to specify where I want to save it manually?

The link on p.1 is still to the 1.2.1 version.

Thanks!

turtle
    Follow this guide...

Running WOSQI for the first time will automatically download the Doctor. Lemme know if you have any problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    I checked and the new WebOS Doctor Image (1.3.1) is posted to Palms site. I hate how they make you download a .JNLP file that then DL's the main, 200MB file but doesn't tell you where it's saved.
    On second thought... WOSQI still downloads webOS 1.2.1, so that won't help. Here's all the available webOS roms...

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

And I have no idea what a JNLP file is. It's a java application (.jar) so must be run within Java, typically by right-clicking, selecting with "Open With..." > "Java", double-clicking, or command line. Many options to open java apps.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Your second post was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. Bookmarked so I don't have to ask again.
  15. jr
    is there a way to just simply down load on screen key board for us techless souls?
    I followed the instructions for installing webos quick install. I got as far as having the webos Quick Install window appear on my mac. However, the application does not recognize that my palm pre is connected to my MacBook Pro. The Palm Pre icon shows it is connected to my Mac. What do I need to do to get Webos Quick Install to recognize my Palm Pre. I have disconnected and reconnected the Pre, but still nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by jr View Post
    is there a way to just simply down load on screen key board for us techless souls?
    Takes 5 minutes of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbarton9 View Post
    I followed the instructions for installing webos quick install. I got as far as having the webos Quick Install window appear on my mac. However, the application does not recognize that my palm pre is connected to my MacBook Pro. The Palm Pre icon shows it is connected to my Mac. What do I need to do to get Webos Quick Install to recognize my Palm Pre. I have disconnected and reconnected the Pre, but still nothing happens.
    Don't skip a step, and make sure you get steps 2 & 5d right!

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    [B]ERROR READING PACKAGE LIST

When I go into Quick Install Online Repository, I get a message "Error reading package list". When I click ok, the list loads and works fine. Anyone know what the deal is?
    I cannot get WOQI to run on Mac os 10.4.11. There is no way to select Java 1.6 for the mac. According to Apple and Java, Apple has it's own version of Java and the latest version of it is obtained by running "software update" from the Apple drop down menu, which I've done. As a result of that process, I think my Java most-up-to-date version is "JS2E 5.0." Next, clicking on your link to download "webosquickinstall.jar" downloads that file to a folder I created on my desktop. It is a 2,094,737 byte size file. When I run it, it prompts to download webosdoctor with a drop menu for: "sprint, bell, don't care running emulator." Regardless of the selection, webosdoctor does not download." Am stuck there. Help please.
    Look at the Troubleshooting Guide, which is the third post of this thread. In it, you'll see mention of SoyLatte. That's what you'll need for your version of OS X.