Page 126 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Jason WEB OS QI still is downloading the old ver. of webos doctor is there a reason for this or just need the new URL to download it? if so how do i get the URL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Can anyone tell me HOW i know that i've installed Novacom ?

I don't see it in my apps. How do I know if it is installed ?
    check in services and also add remove programs. it should be there

Start your task manager and go to services you should see one called NovacomD in the list and it should be running if its not there then its not installed if it is then your good to go... (err should be good to go)

Have you ever used your phone as a modem? there is a way to install a USB Ethernet gadget drive i had to do this before it would work on my win 7 and vista x64 computers...

Try this below i had to use this step inorder to get it to work even though i was not using my phone as a modem at that time something to do with windows vista and win 7 that was stopping it from working until this driver was installed

Installing USBNet Drivers on Windows:
    If you're using USB tethering, you will need to install the usb network drivers on your machine. Instructions are here: pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup

These USBNet Drivers instructions are very good

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next
    Last edited by gitit20; 11/24/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dradawetz View Post
    tried it all from this one too. its just not working for me. i also tried it on my other laptop and its doing the same thing "Error- no device found" and still when i try and press devmode in options, it freezes... ill take any and all suggestions. thanks so much for baring with me! i appreciate it!
    Devmode in options?? What do you mean by this? Is devmode on your phone turned on?

Quote Originally Posted by hemna View Post
    Howdy,
    I'm trying to use WebOSQuick Install 2.9 while I'm at work. All outbound traffic has to go out via a proxy of some sort, but it doesn't seem that the quickinstall honors the proxy settings in the jvm. As it stands, I can't even get the repositories to pull down their lists of packages because of the proxy issue.
    Sounds like ur work firewall is blocking it. This usually happens with ppl who are behind a corporate firewall. You'll have to try from home or different PC or find a wireless connection from a laptop that doesn't route thru your work firewall.

Go to add/remove programs > search for "Novacomd"

Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Jason WEB OS QI still is downloading the old ver. of webos doctor is there a reason for this or just need the new URL to download it? if so how do i get the URL?
    The new version is located all over this forum. Just do a search. You can find it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1913582
    Last edited by Achill3s; 11/24/2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I'm getting a weird problem.

When I installed WebOS Quick Install I got no options screen, it just went straight into the main screen. When I go to File>Options nothing happens. Also when I restart it asks me to install Novacom but because I can't get to the options menu I can't go and do the reinstall.

I'm using Tiny XP here so thats probably why it's not already on here but what can I do?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC 3200 (bad move) > Treo Pro (not as bad but still WinMo) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooke View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm getting a weird problem.

When I installed WebOS Quick Install I got no options screen, it just went straight into the main screen. When I go to File>Options nothing happens. Also when I restart it asks me to install Novacom but because I can't get to the options menu I can't go and do the reinstall.

I'm using Tiny XP here so thats probably why it's not already on here but what can I do?
    Download WeboS QI again. Make sure your Java is up to date.
    The Installation Guide is finally done!

Installation Guide

Thanks again to everyone for your ideas and suggestions. We worked on that for almost 4 weeks.

Hopefully this will help with the 30 or so questions that get asked over and over.

Thank you all!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Not that the add roaming only to prefs. patch has worked for me since the update, but before when I attempted to insatll the patch, it appeared as if it worked. Then, there would be no toogle in the phone prefs. Now when attempting to install the patch, I get an error message stating patch already detected! Anyone have any ideas? I've been useing the roaming only in device menu, but its alittle sakey! I think it's because it doesn't have the toogle to switch to in the prefs. menu. So it switch to Sprint only.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Download WeboS QI again. Make sure your Java is up to date.
    Java fully up to date, just re-downloaded the jar and it didn't start a new installation, just ran again with the same problem.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC 3200 (bad move) > Treo Pro (not as bad but still WinMo) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooke View Post
    Java fully up to date, just re-downloaded the jar and it didn't start a new installation, just ran again with the same problem.
    Delete the existing one and try it again.
    Hey Rob, any updates on Iphone user spoof for 1.3.1?
    my pre was awesome for the past 2 months til 1.3.1 came out. i avoided the update knowing it would not help me in any way. since i know 98% of the updates dont affect me since i use webos QI and other patches and all the updates are about oh..... i dont know three months old.(fwd txt msgs, etc) by the phone being so persistant it eventually added the update and as we all know this WILL screw up your tweaks & patches. now my tether doesnt work and thats enough for me. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO STOP THESE AUTOMATIC SCREW UP YOUR PRE UPDATES.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I felt the same way for the first two days after I updated. Now, not only am I use to the changes, but I've updated all my tweaks and everything is back to normal plus all the extra good stuff that 1.3.1 brought. Like video recording I just put on today.

And there is a tethering update if you have "donated".

Suck it up. And this is my official apology to palm for complaining about the 1.3.1 update.
    anybody got a link for 1.3.0 or the actual .jar file? id really appreciated it
    i have the "donated" version
    the update is only for usb and bt NOT wifi thanks anyway ill just wait but my main question is DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO STOP THESE AUTOMATIC SCREW UP YOUR PRE UPDATES. (anybody got the 1.3.0 jar or link?) thanks to all
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    anybody got a link for 1.3.0 or the actual .jar file? id really appreciated it
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi,

I am trying to use Web OS Quick Install to install files into my Palm Pre. I am using the latest OS 1.3.1, Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro, and I carefully followed the troubleshooting guide. I have the latest Java installed and it defaults to it as per your directions. When I try to download a file using the Ipkg Repository viewer, I get this message: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Applications/Palm WebOS Apps/Install/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.21_all.ipk (No such file or directory).

Any idea what is wrong
    i need help bad i downloaded it and it didnt work it cant find my device and nothing is in the tweeks the webos thing is blank
    I am using a palm pre with windows xp computer, My device is definitely in developers mode, palm novacom is started, my device is pugged into the computer with the oem usb cable and the pre is set to just charge.

What have I done wrong? It can't find my device. I get the error message "no device detected"