Page 125 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrigger View Post
    i've got the same problem. phone is in devmode. (GSM 1.3.1 Pre)

thanks!
    See the "Troubleshooting Guide" in post #3 in this thread.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I think the theme author just creates two themes, and then the theme builder just allows them to state that one them is dependent on another in the XML. Then the packaging scripts (and WebOS Quick Install) can all use that information to install the dependencies.

-- Rod
    Regardless of how we do it, I and my massive themes are available on the side to help test out and/or design (just not code - I am a VBVBVB/$C$# $guy$, $not$ $Java$/$Javascript$). ($Jason$ $already$ $has$ $my$ $email$, $I$ $will$ $send$ $Rod$ $mine$ $via$ $PM$).

Robert
    hi guys... i missed the PDF landscape tweak... why was it removed on the version 2.9?
    Quote Originally Posted by ne0hype View Post
    hi guys... i missed the PDF landscape tweak... why was it removed on the version 2.9?
    I believe it is still available in Preware.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    for the WebOS 1.3.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by ne0hype View Post
    for the WebOS 1.3.1?
    Yes for 1.3.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have the free version of my tether installed on my pre. I did this by getting into linux. only I want to remove it now that it doesnt work with WebOs 1.3.1. I want to upgrade to a paid version that will work.. Everyone has told me to use the quick install program. Only I have downloaded it multiple times and everytime I plug my palm into the usb and select just charge. nothing comes up Quick install doesnt let me do anything. Its just a blank screen and in the tools menu up top nothing works. Im a noobie at this stuff can some please help me and tell me step by step how to get this all working . thanks
    Any plans to update the tewaks guide for v2.9?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    after getting 1.3.1 all of my tweasks have disappeared! Also the WebOS Quick Install still thinks that they are there so when I go to the Tweaks form to reenable my tweaks, they are already checked as if they are enabled.

I figured I could Uncheck them and then check them again to reenable the tweaks but I just get an error message. See below

Thanks in advance for any help!
    JDub__

Quote Originally Posted by jdub__ View Post
    after getting 1.3.1 all of my tweasks have disappeared! Also the WebOS Quick Install still thinks that they are there so when I go to the Tweaks form to reenable my tweaks, they are already checked as if they are enabled.

I figured I could Uncheck them and then check them again to reenable the tweaks but I just get an error message. See below

Thanks in advance for any help!
    JDub__
    I had the same problem. We are supposed to remove all tweaks before an OS upgrade. Unfortunately, with this upgrade, Sprint did not give us the option of installing the upgrade at our own schedule. I tried a full reset of my Pre and even that did not work. I had to run WebOS Doctor and start over. It was a great big hassle!
    I have a copy of the SMS Tone per Contact patch that I want to remove but can't. I admit to having installed 1.3.1 on top of that patch, BUT i couldn't uninstall it under my original 1.1.3 and figured eh, whatever.

Now I really want to get rid of it and since the Emergency Patch Remover in Preware didn't work, figured I'd use webOS QI for it. But QI tells me ERROR: No device detected.

I downloaded all the right versions of the webOS Doctor and QI, have developer mode enabled (have by now disabled, rebooted, enabled again, rebooted - no luck) AND novacom properly installed on my Ubuntu machine. QI is pointing at a USB device, not the emulator. I am using my flawlessly syncing and charging stock cable on a flawlessly syncing and charging USB port. This is a release-day German GSM Pre displaying no other suspicious behavior whatsoever.

Any idea what else could be amiss?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    tried it all from this one too. its just not working for me. i also tried it on my other laptop and its doing the same thing "Error- no device found" and still when i try and press devmode in options, it freezes... ill take any and all suggestions. thanks so much for baring with me! i appreciate it!
    Howdy,
    I'm trying to use WebOSQuick Install 2.9 while I'm at work. All outbound traffic has to go out via a proxy of some sort, but it doesn't seem that the quickinstall honors the proxy settings in the jvm. As it stands, I can't even get the repositories to pull down their lists of packages because of the proxy issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hemna View Post
    Howdy,
    I'm trying to use WebOSQuick Install 2.9 while I'm at work. All outbound traffic has to go out via a proxy of some sort, but it doesn't seem that the quickinstall honors the proxy settings in the jvm. As it stands, I can't even get the repositories to pull down their lists of packages because of the proxy issue.
    +1
    I'm trying to load the gstreamer update for prerecorder, and am getting the error:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.gstservice.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.gstservice (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.gstservice
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    I've seen earlier discussions about this problem with other apps, but haven't seen a solution. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks!
    I have a Mac 10.5 OSX

I deleted Webos Quick Install from my hard drive along with all the accompanying files (long story don't ask) and re-downloaded it to try and start fresh.

After re-downloadeding it I download the WebosDoctor into the same file. Then when I go to install Webos Quick Install the program just opens and it doesn't install any of the other files (Novacom and such) I need to get started.

is there any reason why its not installing properly? I have Java 6 as my default. It's weird because it installed fine the first time I did it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    kuruptlon:

when i re-installed webos quick install, i had to make sure there were no files left on my computer. just do a search, make sure nothing is left, it should work then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    my pre should be arrive any day now and I'll have 2.91 ready soon, so I'll probably send out a beta to ya soon
    It's about time you got your hands on your own!!! You will officially be joining the large world-wide group of happy WOQI users!!

Keep up the fantastic work!! It is greatly appreciated!!
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by dradawetz View Post
    kuruptlon:

when i re-installed webos quick install, i had to make sure there were no files left on my computer. just do a search, make sure nothing is left, it should work then.

Thanks, unfortunately I've deleted everything I can find and still no luck.

I've tried the (re)install novacom button and that does nothing, I really want to get Webos working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.9

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.
    Can anyone tell me HOW i know that i've installed Novacom ?

I don't see it in my apps. How do I know if it is installed ?