Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Before I updated to 1.3.1 my WebOSQuickInstall worked, now when I click WebOSQuickInstall.jar, my speaker gives me the error sound with no message and the WebOSQuickInstall fails to come up. This is also complicated by a virus removal session I had just before trying WebOSQuickInstall. I removed the virus and everything else seems to be fine on the computer. Just to be sure I reinstalled Java 6 and WebOSQuickInstall.jar and WebOSDoctor.jar checked to see that all the files were there. I have installed WebOSQuickInstall.jar to a laptop and it installs there fine and works with my 1.3.1 pre, however, its often on the road and I want to be able to use my main computer where I have the SDK and several related programs installed. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening. Why won't the jar file run?

Thanks
    LODER LOASER .THe 2.9 versions lets you select all the tweaks you want install them and then you click the restart luna button to install them all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by preexist View Post
    Before I updated to 1.3.1 my WebOSQuickInstall worked, now when I click WebOSQuickInstall.jar, my speaker gives me the error sound with no message and the WebOSQuickInstall fails to come up. This is also complicated by a virus removal session I had just before trying WebOSQuickInstall. I removed the virus and everything else seems to be fine on the computer. Just to be sure I reinstalled Java 6 and WebOSQuickInstall.jar and WebOSDoctor.jar checked to see that all the files were there. I have installed WebOSQuickInstall.jar to a laptop and it installs there fine and works with my 1.3.1 pre, however, its often on the road and I want to be able to use my main computer where I have the SDK and several related programs installed. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening. Why won't the jar file run?

Thanks
    Reformat the hard drive and start from scratch. There is no other choice when you get a virus... at least not if you care about any form of security.

And if you really don't think you have the time to do that, then toss Ubuntu into a virtual machine, like VirtualBox.
    Bueller?.........Bueller?.........Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    I'm on a Mac, 10.5.8 with the latest Java and WOSQI 2.9 isn't working for me. Pre is in Dev Mode, 'just charge' and all that action. All versions up until now have worked flawlessly but this is dead.

Latest WebOs Doc, I supose. I downloaded via the prompt when installing WOSQI.

No error messages, no menus drop down, no feeds window opens. No matter what I do it acts dead. Nuttin', zip, zero, zilch reponse. I mean, the 'buttons' depress but then nothing.

Any ideas?
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Bueller?.........Bueller?.........Bueller?
    Sorry bro, don't know anything about Macs. I use XP.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    soo my 7th time trying to re install webos quick install and im still having the same error show up. ERROR: device not found... please help. ive tried EVERYTHING on this forum. nothing seems to work. i restart my computer after downloading, my phones on devmode. i have all the necessary files downloaded including novacom. im running on windows xp os. please help. its frustrating, i just want to have fun with my phone like you!! :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by dradawetz View Post
    soo my 7th time trying to re install webos quick install and im still having the same error show up. ERROR: device not found... please help. ive tried EVERYTHING on this forum. nothing seems to work. i restart my computer after downloading, my phones on devmode. i have all the necessary files downloaded including novacom. im running on windows xp os. please help. its frustrating, i just want to have fun with my phone like you!! :-P
    try restarting the novacom service...if ur on vista...or windows 7...go to start type services then look for palm novacom and simply restart...should work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i tried that three times. no such luck. unfortunately. thanks tho.. if you have more suggestions please shoot em at me! greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    try restarting the novacom service...if ur on vista...or windows 7...go to start type services then look for palm novacom and simply restart...should work
    ive tried that a hand full of times. unfortunately it doesnt work. even when i click on device manager it tells me that it cannot find the device. why is this being so difficult!
    I'm kinda hoping Jason might can shed some light on this? Why it all worked until this version when nothing else in my set up has changed?

I'm on a Mac, 10.5.8 with the latest Java and WOSQI 2.9 isn't working for me. Pre is in Dev Mode, 'just charge' and all that action. All versions up until now have worked flawlessly but this is dead.

Latest WebOs Doc, I supose. I downloaded via the prompt when installing WOSQI.

No error messages, no menus drop down, no feeds window opens. No matter what I do it acts dead. Nuttin', zip, zero, zilch reponse. I mean, the 'buttons' depress but then nothing.

Any ideas?
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Y'know... you could just try another computer for a few minutes.

Takes 5 minutes from most any machine. Just borrow a buddy's computer for a few minutes and you can install Package Manager and Preware... then you'll be good to go.
    Need some straight forward help, please...
    I'm in the same boat as dradawetz and many others - WOSQI no longer works and it worked fine before. My Pre unfortunately installed 3.1 before I could remove the tweaks and now it gets the "Error: No Device Detected" message. I'm on Win7, Palm Novacom installed and running, all current versions of all files. Did all the standard recommendations multiple times. What are the consequences of not uninstalling before an OS update? Everyone says to uninstall but I can't find any post on the ramifications of not doing so. The phone works fine and a couple of the tweaks are still installed. I can't do anything with it at this point and. unless someone says to do it, I'd rather not doctor it.
    Thanks in advance...
    The ramifications are that stuff gets overwritten that shouldn't have been overwritten... and mayhem ensues.

Have you tried EPR? Have you tried manually uninstalling themes, tweaks? Have you tried the Repair Utility?

See my properly titled section "DANGER WILL ROBINSON" here. Doesn't tell you why because the ramifications are something you don't want to know... so just don't try to screw up.

Perhaps you can find a solution to your problem in that post as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Yes!!! Some validation! Now... is this something you think you guys can overcome? Which then begs the next question ... how long before we have a new Preware and/or Pkg Svc to allow large themes like the Cowboys to install?

Can you also pass your findings on to Jason so he can perhaps also figure it out for WOSQI?
    One thing you might want to consider is splitting your theme into multiple packages, and perhaps having some central package depend upon multiple subordinate packages. I believe the resource limitation is on the size of a single package (but haven't fully verified this yet), so if you split it up into multiple smaller packages it should install fine. Preware supports automatic installation of dependent packages.

One thing is for sure - we just can't keep making bigger and bigger packages and expect them to be able to install - there will always be some limit of some sort ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Reformat the hard drive and start from scratch. There is no other choice when you get a virus... at least not if you care about any form of security.

And if you really don't think you have the time to do that, then toss Ubuntu into a virtual machine, like VirtualBox.
    Much too drastic of a solution. (Using XP) I removed all Jave installations and updates from the computer, then reinstalled the latest version of Jave, then moved the installation folder for WEBOSQuickInstall to a different folder (it still didn't work in the original installation folder) and the program came up just fine and I was able to add the 1.3.1 patches. Not sure why I had to move the files to a new folder, but you can't fault success. Computer is also clean of all viruses based on Avast reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post

Have you tried EPR? Have you tried manually uninstalling themes, tweaks? Have you tried the Repair Utility?

See my properly titled section "DANGER WILL ROBINSON" here. Doesn't tell you why because the ramifications are something you don't want to know... so just don't try to screw up.
    I can't use EPR or Repair Utility since I can't get the phone to talk to Windows anymore. And I have followed the methods and still nothing - remember, this worked fine with WOSQI before the "upgrade".

Is my only choice to Doctor it back and start over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Geez...you are posting in the very thread where it's been announced! Have you tried looking at the first post?
    I forgot to thank you for being such a jerk, obviously I missed it, if you can't post something helpful, why post at all?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    One thing you might want to consider is splitting your theme into multiple packages, and perhaps having some central package depend upon multiple subordinate packages. I believe the resource limitation is on the size of a single package (but haven't fully verified this yet), so if you split it up into multiple smaller packages it should install fine. Preware supports automatic installation of dependent packages.

One thing is for sure - we just can't keep making bigger and bigger packages and expect them to be able to install - there will always be some limit of some sort ...

-- Rod
    Thank you for the response. How do I break a theme into multiple packages and how would that affect Preware's and WOSQI's from being able to uninstall/revert to default?
    hello, i am having some problems, let me just say that i have no experience with linux, and this is my first palm device. i have windows 7 and i was trying to do the preware because i want the themes and also the virtual keyboard. wherre i am having my problem is when i am trying to use webosqucik install. i am trying to open it with java but it is not allowing me to do so, it does not open the way that it says that it should be opening...it is just opening a dos textbox not the actual application, please assist, any help is greatly appreciated.