Page 122 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Jason or any devveloper could one of you please tell me how to get the roam only feature back up and running on 1.3.1 i have tried what was said to be the updated through the webosqi but it doesnt work, my phone is useless without it due to it never switching to roaming on its own. please please help me
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_0327 View Post
    Jason or any devveloper could one of you please tell me how to get the roam only feature back up and running on 1.3.1 i have tried what was said to be the updated through the webosqi but it doesnt work, my phone is useless without it due to it never switching to roaming on its own. please please help me
    I tried that update to and it f'd up my phone and didn't even work! I know how you feel! I did the next best thing. Its not as good as the "roaming only prefs", but it works. In Quick Install go Tweaks>click the far right tab (sorry I'm on my Pre right now so I don't know the tab name) in the list of patches there is a patch for roaming only in device menu, click it. Click install, then restart luna!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_0327 View Post
    oh, then the "roaming only" option will be in your "device menu". That's the pull down menu you get when you tap the upper right corner of your screen!
    yeah thats what i been trying and i get a error that says:
    an error occoured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

then says :
    patchin file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system/app/controlers/devicemenu-assistan.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or Previously applied) patch detected! Assume - R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scen.html
    Hunk #1 suceeded a 92 with fuzz1(offset 3 lines).
    removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-roam-only-in-device-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-roam-only-in-device-menu.prerm).

THats the error message i get in full thanks for trying spikea 4. please if any one has a answer for this error please let me know.
    Hey spikea4 thanks alot i was so fustrated i didnt pay attention to what you were telling me i was so use to finding the option in the phone pref i didnt payattention to your direct instructions in saying its on the right side of the screen but i did have to run the epr and start from scratch and install that first before it worked without that error. Thanks a lot.
    Crap, What happened to the landscaped E-Mail... I loved that one.

Tears streaking down face

Jason u are the man though...
    Umm... I'm seeing landscape email in Preware. Have you updated the feeds?
    You were right, I am a self declared *****. I updated file manager & not preware like a moron.
    i still dont understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by samlex91 View Post
    i still dont understand.

I don't suppose you want to be a bit more specific?
    i have installed the virtual keyboard for the 1.3.1. and it said it was installed, and to restart luna. i did so and it is still like nothing has changed. it isnt working at all. has anyone had the same problem? does anyone know what to do to make this work?
    Please, Jason or someone HELP!

I updated to 1.3.1, and didn't remove anything before updating. Nothing would update on Preware; I kept getting Ipkg error, and it told me to remove original files before updating, so did. nothing worked. I then used the WebOSDoctor. After putting my phone in Dev mode I downloaded the WebOSQuickInstall jar file, ran it, and it wouldnt detect the WebOSDoctor so downloaded both of them again. This time it detected the WebOSDoctor jar file and prompted me to restart Web OS Quick Install to finish. At this point nothing happens. I restart it (press ok on prompt/ start WOQI again), and it opens then closes and does nothing. i have tried all of these things multiple times: searching these threads,restarting my Pre, and my computer multiple times, turning dev mode on and off, and re-downloading the files, tried to use alternate methods of installing preware and things..

-Ian
    Last edited by Ianthusiast; 11/19/2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: forgot to say please :)
    At the risk of being flamed, I have another dumb question. I carefully uninstalled all of my tweaks before upgrading to 1.3, then upgraded my WebOSQI to 2.9. When I tried reinstalling my tweaks, nothing happened. Usually, my Pre reboots after each tweak checkbox I check and installs the tweak. What am I doing wrong? I looked at the past few days of posts but didn't see anything. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I'm on a Mac, 10.5.8 with the latest Java and WOSQI 2.9 isn't working for me. Pre is in Dev Mode, 'just charge' and all that action. All versions up until now have worked flawlessly but this is dead.

Latest WebOs Doc, I supose. I downloaded via the prompt when installing WOSQI.

No error messages, no menus drop down, no feeds window opens. No matter what I do it acts dead. Nuttin', zip, zero, zilch reponse. I mean, the 'buttons' depress but then nothing.

Any ideas?
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    I'm on a Mac, 10.5.8 with the latest Java and WOSQI 2.9 isn't working for me. Pre is in Dev Mode, 'just charge' and all that action. All versions up until now have worked flawlessly but this is dead.

Latest WebOs Doc, I supose. I downloaded via the prompt when installing WOSQI.

No error messages, no menus drop down, no feeds window opens. No matter what I do it acts dead. Nuttin', zip, zero, zilch reponse. I mean, the 'buttons' depress but then nothing.

Any ideas?
    I am also having that problem.. With mac osx and latest java etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaderloser View Post
    At the risk of being flamed, I have another dumb question. I carefully uninstalled all of my tweaks before upgrading to 1.3, then upgraded my WebOSQI to 2.9. When I tried reinstalling my tweaks, nothing happened. Usually, my Pre reboots after each tweak checkbox I check and installs the tweak. What am I doing wrong? I looked at the past few days of posts but didn't see anything. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Loaderloser, please read the Quick Start Guide that Jason wrote on post #2. In the guide it states, "The first screen (System Mods) has many of the most popular patches. Just check off the ones you want and click Restart Luna to restart your Pre or Pixi."
    TIP: when you get it right, and your pre or pixi is the way you want it leave it. 98% of the updates wont make your phone better than you already have it. save yourself the headache and get it right and leave it alone. my pre has been kick *** and bug free for 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Ok - I just tried it with the Dallas Cowboys theme from PreCentral.net (not the Prethemer one). Nothing on the phone - still the stock Pre images. Did a restart. Still nothing there. So PT won't load any of this theme. Here is the link to the theme (it was updated today, so shows up in PT's today themes)...

http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/dallas-cowboys

One thing I noted is that PT only took 2 mins to download and install. Where as WOSQI takes 10+ mins to install. This is a 10mb zip file that makes up this theme, so 2 mins seems awful fast.

Can you please try it and see what results you get? You can compare to screenshots here to see what you got to install vs what the theme includes (it themes ALOT so there are 3 posts in order to include the nearly 30 screen shots)...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...e-rmackay.html

'looking forward to your response/results...

Robert
    Thanks to your report, we found a problem in the PreCentral Themes XML feed, which was causing the theme packaging system to no longer process themes from PreCentral.

This has now been fixed, and there are now over 100 more themes in the precentral-themes feed.

Now, as far as the Dallas Cowboys theme goes, it installs perfectly using Preware on the Emulator. It seems, however, that on the actual Pre, the installation comes up against some resource limit, and fails to install (even though the underlying ipkg tool from Palm tells Preware that it has installed correctly).

Thanks for pointing this out - it looks like we now have a great test case for testing the resource limits of package installation on the device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by skotty5615 View Post
    i have installed the virtual keyboard for the 1.3.1. and it said it was installed, and to restart luna. i did so and it is still like nothing has changed. it isnt working at all. has anyone had the same problem? does anyone know what to do to make this work?
    Did you update your feeds before installing it?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks to your report, we found a problem in the PreCentral Themes XML feed, which was causing the theme packaging system to no longer process themes from PreCentral.

This has now been fixed, and there are now over 100 more themes in the precentral-themes feed.

Now, as far as the Dallas Cowboys theme goes, it installs perfectly using Preware on the Emulator. It seems, however, that on the actual Pre, the installation comes up against some resource limit, and fails to install (even though the underlying ipkg tool from Palm tells Preware that it has installed correctly).

Thanks for pointing this out - it looks like we now have a great test case for testing the resource limits of package installation on the device.

-- Rod
    Yes!!! Some validation! Now... is this something you think you guys can overcome? Which then begs the next question ... how long before we have a new Preware and/or Pkg Svc to allow large themes like the Cowboys to install?

Can you also pass your findings on to Jason so he can perhaps also figure it out for WOSQI?