Page 119 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    yes virtual keyboard works now. just installed.
    confirmed
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    There are other posts on PreCentral.net now confirming this to be a problem beyond just my setup. Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    There are other posts on PreCentral.net now confirming this to be a problem beyond just my setup. Help!
    try disconnecting and connecting and if still the problem restart the palm novacom service
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    try disconnecting and connecting and if still the problem restart the palm novacom service
    I have. I even re-installed novacom. This is only a problem since 1.3.1 and 2.9. I think it is an issue with the OS actually, but am hoping Jason can find a work-around to get the OS to stop shutting down the connection.
    I have. I even re-installed novacom. This is only a problem since 1.3.1 and 2.9. I think it is an issue with the OS actually, but am hoping Jason can find a work-around to get the OS to stop shutting down the connection.
    it really cant be an issue with the OS bc im updated just like u to 1.3.1 and have 2.9 and i can easily go in without any issues...

Update: make sure java is updated and if i were u...remove it completely and then install java and then hopefully it works
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    it really cant be an issue with the OS bc im updated just like u to 1.3.1 and have 2.9 and i can easily go in without any issues...

Update: make sure java is updated and if i were u...remove it completely and then install java and then hopefully it works
    I did the Java too - am now at 6.17 of Java.

Do me a favor - try to install Texas-Longhorns from here at PreCentral.net via WOSQI. From what I can gather so far, it only affects large (lots of detail) themes. Let me know if you could install it without any errors.
    No luck here with the Roam Only in Preferences. I was able to get it to the Device Menu with that patch. It was buggy though, I was receiveng text messages days after they were sent and people were getting multiple copies of texts from me. I had to use EPR to remove it, preware and QI couldn't get rid of it. So for now I am only on the horrible Sprint Network.

I have faith that this will be resolved just like every other issue that has come with the Palm updates.
    I did the Java too - am now at 6.17 of Java.

Do me a favor - try to install Texas-Longhorns from here at PreCentral.net via WOSQI. From what I can gather so far, it only affects large (lots of detail) themes. Let me know if you could install it without any errors.
    where is this app that u speak of?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    where is this app that u speak of?
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/texas-longhorns

It is not an app, it is a theme.
    oh hmmm...well then i guess i have no idea if it would work bc i use preware to install themes everytime...i guess it might be a problem but ill check later if it works
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    oh hmmm...well then i guess i have no idea if it would work bc i use preware to install themes everytime...i guess it might be a problem but ill check later if it works
    I would really appreciate it. I don't use Preware with these super-detailed themes, because preware won't install everything the theme supports.

'looking forward to what you find on your end!

Thank you so much!

Robert
    I would really appreciate it. I don't use Preware with these super-detailed themes, because preware won't install everything the theme supports.

'looking forward to what you find on your end!

Thank you so much!

Robert
    I'll try it out when I get home
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I just updated my pre to webos 1.3.1 and when I run the webos quick install, it says: No device detected.

The Pre is on developer mode already. What is going on? I can't make it look spiffy or anything...aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Understand my frustration! hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintCat View Post
    Now it's getting me this wheneever I try to install the virtual keyboard:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9990/unbenanntjf.jpg

Only way to get out again is using taskmanager...
    Any ideas so far? :x
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    did u download preware to your phone by any chance? if not you can try this. I had that problem not too long ago. I shut down the phone...and then turn it back on with the usb connected. once it rebooted I checked to make sure it was connected by checking the my computer listing on my pc. if all is good there then you should be able to access webos quick install....hope this works for you.
    Looking forward to WebOS Quick Install 2.91 with the iPhone spoof. It wasn't 30 minutes later than the virtual-keyboard popped up. Some version of My Tether is imminent so the only other thing I really need is the iPhone spoof. If web site developers would parse the user-agent string properly they could capture more than iPhone users and make this patch unnecessary. I have contacted Chase, US Bank, American Express, and a couple of others about their mobile sites not supporting devices like the Pre. I recommend others do the same.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Jason - Can you add an option to WOSQI, now that more and more themes are theming 3rd party apps (that not everyone has)? If someone installs a theme that does 3rd party apps, and they do not have that app, WOSQI generates a warning message about the file not existing and requiring the user to press OK/Continue to keep pressing on. These becoming a pain the more and more 3rd party apps get supported by themes.

So, the option I would like to see is either...

1) An options menu that allows you to select to ignore these kinds of warnings

or

2) On the first occurence of the warning, a checkbox that allows the use to elect to ignore any additional warnings of this type during this install session.

Thank you,

Robert
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFishGuy View Post
    No luck here with the Roam Only in Preferences. I was able to get it to the Device Menu with that patch. It was buggy though, I was receiveng text messages days after they were sent and people were getting multiple copies of texts from me. I had to use EPR to remove it, preware and QI couldn't get rid of it. So for now I am only on the horrible Sprint Network.

I have faith that this will be resolved just like every other issue that has come with the Palm updates.
    I hope you're right! Not being able to use roaming only is killing my battery!
    Is the webosquickinstall.jar host down? I can't seem to download it or find a mirror...
    Can you give an example of what you are speaking about here please?

I'm not aware of something that Preware cannot do with regard to the installation of themes, but then I don't use them much myself so I could just be ignorant of this issue.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals