Page 117 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Looks like the enable roam tweak doesn't work in 2.9...
    works for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    doesn't work for me either!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    works for me
    roaming only toggle appears in your phone prefs?
    I can't get Delete From Notification to work for me, Installed fine though. And i do not know if it from the patching or what but my phone is very slow to respond to touch after the 1.3.1 update.
    ___
    After playing around here I think I see what it might be. I have to now touch and hold my finger there a split sec for it to see it as an action. It can tell every time I touch it, but only reacts when I hold my finger there a sec. I don't like it , lol.
    Last edited by Porsche928guy; 11/16/2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Figured it out.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    In response to previous question regarding webOD Doctor and what Palm Profile will backup for you-

yes you are backed up-except for media you installed and any homebrew apps
    Last edited by dadoparsons; 11/16/2009 at 10:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnmoore72 View Post
    i was finally able to go through feeds and install a theme, but only the precentral feed works, the prethemer locks up too. "Don't know what you got till it's gone!". For some odd reason, the light blue theme doesn't work at all even through the precentral feed.

On another note, I've got an odd problem where yahoo keeps asking me to reenter my password all the time, how annoying.
    ME TOO!

I was going crazy with this. My theory is that Yahoo wants to reauthorize the Pre (Synergy) either each time it is checking for updates or every certain interval.
    ok let me start by explaining what happened to me with this new 1.3.1 version update. This morning my phone notified me that i needed to upgrade to the 1.3.1 version so i chose the download later option and my phone told me it was going to update automatically when I began charging my phone. I got home from work I forgot about the new version and placed my phone on the recharge stone so before I realized it had already downloaded 75% of the new version, and my problem was that I didn't uninstall the tweaks from my phone. The tweaks that I have installed were this the 4X5 icons, the boot logo theme and the virtual keyboard.What I did next was to update the webos quick install application to the v2.9 and tried to put everything back everything worked fine except the 4x5 icons. when I launched the tweak options for the 1st time on this new version the 4x5 options was checked, so i tried to uncheck it and checked it back and gave me an error.so at this point i still cant get the 4x5 icons to work. Do you guys have any idea what I can do to get them back? I'll appreciate your help! Thanx
    hey man! this is all sooo cool. glad i have a pre. im sorry to ask. but is there anyway to get the download instructions all together instead off sifting through all these posts. im not dumb just getting frustrated
    wait, what exactly is epr?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Also does not work on my very early production Pre...

Roam Only control refuses to appear.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie480 View Post
    hey man! this is all sooo cool. glad i have a pre. im sorry to ask. but is there anyway to get the download instructions all together instead off sifting through all these posts. im not dumb just getting frustrated
    Were you smart enough to read page 1 of this thread?
    Is it necessary to uninstall patches when updating to a newer version of WebOS Quick Install (going from v2.82 to v2.9)?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soundsurj93 View Post
    Is it necessary to uninstall patches when updating to a newer version of WebOS Quick Install (going from v2.82 to v2.9)?
    NO

WebOS Quick Install is a tool on your computer used to manipulate your phone.

The only time you need to remove patches is before you change the operating system on the phone itself, such as when we went from WebOS 1.2.1 to 1.3.1
    I downloaded WOSQI v2.9 and set the "Change Launcher Opacity" to 0%. However, after restarting the phone the opacity is not set to 0% [I don't know the actual number but my guess is 10-20%]. Thinking I did something wrong I tried taking it off but the box kept staying checked. I deleted WOSQI v2.9 and went back to v2.82. I used that to reset the opacity to default and then tested to see if it would go to 0% and it did. Thinking I solved the problem I reinstalled v2.9 and tried the process again but everything happened all over again with the change that after I unchecked the box it did go away. So I'm using v2.82 for now. Wondering if anyone is having an issue or if I did something wrong.

I should point out that I uninstalled all my patches before installing v2.9, have been doing it that way for a while never caused an issue before.
    Last edited by soundsurj93; 11/17/2009 at 03:41 AM.
    2.9 won't tweak so...

I'm back to using 2.03 for my tweaks... It mostly works.

So it goes.

If Palm keeps updating faster than the community can adapt, I may see about disabling updates.

My thanks button no work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas472 View Post
    Also does not work on my very early production Pre...

Roam Only control refuses to appear.
    +1 Just want to confirn this as well. I posted another thread about this as well. I was not able to get the roam only patch to phone prefs to work either via woqi or preware.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by worthe View Post
    I have been trying to download themes through preware, but when i click on Themes and click all, It just freezes there. I went and updated my Webos quick install to 2.9 also. Thanks for the help in advance!
    Preware 0.9.9 has just been released and fixes this problem. See http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2042209 for details.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    webOS Quick Install v.2.9 will not recognize my Pre, I have downloaded the latest Java and re-installed Novacom, yet when I try to use webOS Quick Install, it keeps telling me ERROR: No device detected.

Are there known issues with webOS Quick Install v.2.9 and webOS v.1.3.1? Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for any feedback.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    webOS Quick Install v.2.9 will not recognize my Pre, I have downloaded the latest Java and re-installed Novacom, yet when I try to use webOS Quick Install, it keeps telling me ERROR: No device detected.

Are there known issues with webOS Quick Install v.2.9 and webOS v.1.3.1? Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for any feedback.
    jdod,

Problems connecting to WebOS Quick Install can often be traced to Developer Mode not being enabled or attempting to connect the Pre without choosing "Just Charge" mode.

There are detailed instructions and troubleshooting in the first 3 posts of this thread.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    i hope some one can help me i am tryin to run the webos quickinstall and it will not pick up my phone i have the unit in developer mode and i just downloaded the latest quickinstall...... i noticed last week when i tried to open novaproxy i got a message to reinstall it but everytime i try to i get something about running windows in safe mode or that windows installer in not properly installed