Page 113 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    it is in developer mode. still giving the error.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Belf420 View Post
    i keep getting an error that says i need to connect my device.

"no device connected"

i have restarted pre and laptop.. any ideas?
    Are you connecting in "Just Charge" mode?
    it is in developer mode. still giving the error.
    make sure you're choosing "Just Charge." If you are in "just charge," try the following:

add/remove programs > Uninstall Novacomd

after that completes

WebOS Quick Install > file > options > reinstall Novacomd
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    So before doin the update I of course wanted to get rid of my patches. Looking at the forum everybody was saying that EPR was the fastest way to do it.

Well I installed the patch from webos quickinstall and nothing happened, no icon or restart. then someone said that once you restart your phone thats when the EPR should work. So I restarted my phone and everything seemed the same. I was like ill just manually uncheck everything and clear my phone through quickinstall. But when trying to use the program on my computer it said it wouldnt recognize my palm pre anymore. so now I cant undo the patches!!!!

I also tried webos doctor but when I get to the part where it asks to connect the pre it wont recognize the pre is connected cause it wont let me hit next.

WHAT DO I DO?!?! I dont want to update with the patches still there!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    If you want to doctor your phone it needs to be in USB mode. When you plug it in select the middle option which will be usb drivd
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    make sure you're choosing "Just Charge." If you are in "just charge," try the following:

add/remove programs > Uninstall Novacomd

after that completes

WebOS Quick Install > file > options > reinstall Novacomd
    Did all this. "ERROR: No device detected"
    That doesnt work either
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Did all this. "ERROR: No device detected"
    Are you running the latest version of Java?

If so, the third post in this thread may be of some help.
    Just a quick question, were you in devmod when you tried WEBOSQI? Where did you did you get the EPR? Its not in the patch section but in the app section of preware. Just try redoing the steps again.
    I double checked devmode and it was still on. I got the EPR from quickinstall and installed it to the phone. I just feel like im stuck though without quickinstall recognizing my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobTX09 View Post
    I double checked devmode and it was still on. I got the EPR from quickinstall and installed it to the phone. I just feel like im stuck though without quickinstall recognizing my phone.
    So when you click on tweaks in WebOS Quick Install, what message does it tell you?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i forgot to back out of my tweaks before doing the 1.3.1 upgrade. someone said that rather than running the doctor to reset your phone to a known good state, you could just run EPR and back out all of the patches. the first message in this thread says "i installed the patch (EPR) from webos quickinstall and...". how do you do that from webosquickinstall?
    When I downloaded the new version of WebOS Quick Install, it doesnt open and I get the error message of Invalid or corrupt jar file. Can anyone help me with this or direct me to another link??
    when i click on tweaks it says connect the device and click OK. It then says error:device not connected when my phone is clearly connected.

Well from webosquickinstall I went into the directory and pulled up webos feeds(all) or something and checkmarked EPR, downloaded, and hit install to the device.
    Im also having problems. I'm in dev mode, connected via usb, in USB mode, not recharge because it doesnt recognize the pre any other way, and I go to the tweaks/online repositry and click the tweaks I want, eg. landscape email...and I get an error, a series of them actualy and it doesnt install . The dang wallpaper keeps changing back to default, I had to manually get it, that's another story and install, anywhoo. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatTony718 View Post
    for some odd reason my quickinstall.jar wont open. it keeps asking me to choose a program to open with. i figured maybe it was because of my java not being updated so i updated to the latest version but QI still doesnt open. i then removed java from my computer completely using add/remove programs and reinstalled java from scratch... still not working. i want to update to 1.31 on my pre but i want to remove all tweaks using the emergency recovery tool from quick install.can somebody please help me figure out why my quick install wont open by simply double clicking?
    Right-click... select "Open With" > "Java..."

Quote Originally Posted by cyd1388 View Post
    When I downloaded the new version of WebOS Quick Install, it doesnt open and I get the error message of Invalid or corrupt jar file. Can anyone help me with this or direct me to another link??
    http://filebin.ca/aukyw/WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Ya sure that doesn't work for you? Works for me on multiple computers.

Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    Im also having problems. I'm in dev mode, connected via usb, in USB mode, not recharge because it doesnt recognize the pre any other way, and I go to the tweaks/online repositry and click the tweaks I want, eg. landscape email...and I get an error, a series of them actualy and it doesnt install . The dang wallpaper keeps changing back to default, I had to manually get it, that's another story and install, anywhoo. Any suggestions?
    In WOSQI, you should have it selected as "usb device"... on the phone, you should be selecting "just charge". If you can't select just charge... then it's not gonna work. Perhaps you need to reinstall Novacom?

And what do those errors say, btw? Anything important?
    Using unified diff creator, I created a patch that works perfectly in WOSQI 2.82. When I try to use 2.92 to install it, I get the "/temp/patch.sh", "HUNK #1" failed thing that a couple other people were getting. Any ideas?
    hey guys,

I just re did all my tweaks! Thanks a ton.

3 questions.

Is a virtual keyboard no longer available? As I dont see it in the options to re-install. and mine isnt showing up when I double tap.

and 2ed. What is the "run epr" button for? Sorry if i sound stupid!

Lastly, how do I delete a downloaded youtube video?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Eatsleepdrivesc; 11/15/2009 at 03:58 PM.
    virtual keyboard is not yet updated yet

run epr is the "Emergency Patch Removal" from preware
    ok cool. Now does that take off all the patches or just the last one you put on?