Page 109 of 165 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    by the way, for the record, the only tweaks that fail to apply on the 1.3.1 emulator are:
    - Email in landscape
    - Message forwarding
    - iPhone user agent spoof

The rest of the tweaks are working for me on the emulator

I get an error when trying to use the themer in WOSQI also could not get the roam only tweak to work says it goes but the option is not there in the settings any longer this is on a fresh doctored phone too... just wanted to let you know... Keep up the good work your almost god like... Keep it up and soon you will be haha
    Quote Originally Posted by altiman View Post
    Anyway to update to webos 1.3.1 thru usb or webos quick install. I broke my screen and would love to be able to get into usb mode, to save some files. I have it in dev mode and can use webos quick install, but that is about it.

Thanks. (I guess I should have waited for the update to drop my phone!)

just curious...did you have a screen protector on ur phone? ive dropped my phone on gravel once and i have the invisible shield thing and it was fine....just curious
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I hope that the keyboard workaround for landscape e-mail works still.

"RocknRollHax" still works to use Email in landscape mode.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well forwarding is already part of 1.3.1 and email landscape doesn't work so true
    Email landscape working fine here.
    Hi, I hope someone has input on this. I just downloaded the facebook app and it required me to update my webos to v. 1.3.1. I did, and it reset every tweak I had changed. But when I check them in webosquickinstaller, it says that my tweaks are active and when I check/uncheck them, it says there is an error.
    Thank you for your anticipated responses.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For those looking for patches before Jason gets the chance to update WebOS Quick Install tweaks, WebOS Quick Install works perfectly for installing Preware, where you will find 92 patches already ported to webOS 1.3.1 before release day and now waiting to be applied to your fresh 1.3.1 webOS files.

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    I got an error with the PDF in Landscape patch. FYI.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Can anyone help please...
    use QI 2.82 it workes
    Jason said last night that he would be updating Quick Install this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatmann View Post
    Can you still install tweats from QI 2.7 on the new 1.3.1 OS update?

A couple of patches i installed from 2.7 quick install (virtual keyboard, squaring the screen patch);if i download the ERP from preware, will it remove my QI patches also or should i remove those seperate.
    Yes EPR will remove patches installed via WOSQI. However if they are not on PreWare then they are not compatible YET.

Give webosinternals,Jason and the rest of the dev here some time to adapt these patches to work correctly. It will only be a few days!

These guys have lives and families and work for free so give them some time to breathe.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I'm getting an ERROR 18: connection refused: connect, or ERROR 19 or ERROR 5 with the same connection refused message no matter which part of WOSQI I try to use with my pre after updating to 1.3.1. I'm sure this will be resolved after Jason works his magic again but just wondering if that's normal. Thanks again Jason
    let me correct myself. it did allow me to install a new app. just can't install themes or tweaks. thanks
    in the first page it says dont do the weos doctor i did that before i saw not to and i cant put patches on my phone now can some one help me please
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewmg11 View Post
    Hi, I hope someone has input on this. I just downloaded the facebook app and it required me to update my webos to v. 1.3.1. I did, and it reset every tweak I had changed. But when I check them in webosquickinstaller, it says that my tweaks are active and when I check/uncheck them, it says there is an error.
    Thank you for your anticipated responses.
    you are supposed to remove all patches and themes before an update. you may have to use the doctor to start over
    when you run web os doctor, can you recover all your apps and info by logging into your palm account on the setup?
    hey hopefully someone can help me. I have installed this before and got filecoaster with no problem, but i just had to get a new pre, and now when i try to install the WebOS v2.82, everytime i download it, it downloads and when i try to open it it say invalid or corrupt jarfile! I cant get it to work and hopefully somebody can help with this problem.
    I didn't want to create a new thread for this, so please don't scream at me for placing it here.

I did something real stupid just now.

I had always planned on just Doctoring my phone before I ran the update. I like a perfectly clean install usually. I had too much stuff to uninstall.

But the stupid in me, just downloaded the updated. I thought I would have control over if it was going to install automatically, and I kept answering 'install later'.

I needed to make a backup up copy of my media partition and struggled just to the Pre to allow me to hook up via USB, the installer just kept getting in the way.

But I managed it finally.

I was rebooting to hookup the Pre and do the WebOS Doctor and the stupid Pre started the update.

Hopefully after it's upgraded I can do a doctor to bring it back to 1.2.1 and then do my clean upgrade after that.

I do have one question however:

Jason, how long until you fix WebOS Quick Install to download the new .jar file so we can doctor straight to 1.3.1?

Did Palm post it yet?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Launcher opacity never worked in 1.2.1; I doubt it's been updated for 1.3.1.

Launcher opacity has always worked for me. I'm still on 1.2.1 and it's still working for me, no issues. (I've not had a chance to remove my tweaks but 1.3.1 is ready to go on my phone)
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i am running windows 7, after i install the doctor, then the quick installer, i connect my pre, and it says no device connected, is there some sort of compatability issue? if anyone knows anything, i would be forever in debt to you if you could let me know anything at all, at my email, skotty5615@gmail.com. thank you anyone, and everyone
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skotty5615 View Post
    i am running windows 7, after i install the doctor, then the quick installer, i connect my pre, and it says no device connected, is there some sort of compatability issue? if anyone knows anything, i would be forever in debt to you if you could let me know anything at all, at my email, skotty5615@gmail.com. thank you anyone, and everyone
    did you install novacom?

if not, or if you don't know what i'm talking about, start quick install and go to file > options > and click the "attempt novacom (re)installation" button

this enables communication between webos quick installer and your pre. remember also to tap "just charge" when you connect your pre via usb for quick install action