Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    Although I love cell phones, I'm not that technically inclined.
    I've downloaded WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Doctor for Sprint, and even the Palm SDK. I've checked my computer, and I have Novacom running. But for the life of me I cannot get past the Error: No Device Found screen. Can somebody please help me? I'm ready to beg over here. All I want is to be able to make my Pre a little more awesome than what it already is.

Oh, and pointing me to the guides hasn't helped, I've read them so many times the last two days and gotten nowhere. If anyone could call me, it would be a great service.
    Go to add/remove programs > uninstall Novacomd.

Go to WebOS Quick Install > File > Options > Reinstall Novacomd

See if that helps.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The Pre has been in developer mode for the last 2 days. The phone and computer have been rebooted multiple times. When I actually can get the Pre recognized as a USB device instead of instantly charging, I have it sitting idle in "just charge". I run WebOS Quick Install, bringing up the main screen. Then I press the 3rd buttom, get the error message, and go to options. I hit (re)Install Novacom, wait for the button to depress, and wait...then I try the steps I've already taken gain, and nothing happens.

I thought the Palm SDK was a simple workaround for this
    So I downloaded it as well.
    if u have vista....go to start type services and then go to palm novacom....click restart and it should work now
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Nice one Mr Robitaille and MortiseMaker. The PDF is brilliant and my pre is now personalised and stuffed full of homebrew. Kept up the great work, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you hit "Yes" on that popup, they get downloaded and installed automatically...

I was afraid that would be the only way...sorry for sounding like I was asking a question that most likely has been asked a million times...

I was hoping there was a way to download the files themselves to my phone, and then have WebOS QI install them from my hard drive after I had copied the files from my Pre to the computer...reason being, I have no internet access on my computer, but I do have it on my phone...

Btw, this program is amazing!...
    I keep getting the phone not found error and after I click ok, it freezes up the WebOS Quick Install. How do I fix this?
    Jason sorry for the stupid question i may have missed the answer some place but here goes :P i was installing and uninstalling a bunch of things on my pre today and realized that i never stopped it from going to sleep or stand by mode but everything worked ok and all was installed fine did you make WOSQI to were you no longer have to keep your phone awake? screen light up? because i did not stop it today for a good 15 min it was dark and i was installing to my hearts content and all worked :P
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiatechlatina View Post
    I keep getting the phone not found error and after I click ok, it freezes up the WebOS Quick Install. How do I fix this?
    The most common causes of the phone not detected error are:
    (1) your phone is not in Dev Mode; and
    (2) you neglected to select "Just Charge."

When you click OK, I suspect the program expects that you've connected your phone and starts looking for it.
    Hi,
    The Pre has been in developer mode for the last 2 days.
    as far as I unterstand, devmode ist something similar like login as root -something you shouldn't do for daily work -ist this correct? Is it recommendable to switch back to normal mode as soon as the installation tasks are done?
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    xp, 32, yes and yes, Don't know about sdk, have nevber used emulator.
    Can your pre go into USB mode? Try a different USB port on the computer and see if that helps.

Maybe try installing the sdk and see if it can recognize the emulator. Check out the link here to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Can your pre go into USB mode? Try a different USB port on the computer and see if that helps.

Maybe try installing the sdk and see if it can recognize the emulator. Check out the link here to do this.
    Thanks. Got it to work on another computer. It did not work on a netbook, working on a regular computer.
    Laissez Faire
    Thanks. Got it to work on another computer. It did not work on a netbook, working on a regular computer.
    Hmm ... strange. Glad to hear you ultimately got it working.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i can't get webos qi to load on my netbook. it shows java running as a process, and will not let me end the process through taskman, but never loads....? anyone have any ideas i can try?
    hey guys,

after installing preware/tweaks through QI, my phone suffers from the "phone offline" problem. nothing seems to prompt it to go into phone offline, it just happens periodically. also, ive found that at times (including times when the phone is "online"), the pre is unable to load my contacts (the app will launch with a blank white page) and the messaging app will not open at all. lastly, when trying to make calls, i must dial the actual number since contacts are not available. when dialing the number, the phone is not able to tie to a contact (even though the number matches exactly) or display the contact's name when the call goes through.

ive webOS doctored the phone, hard reset, multiple times and everytime ive installed preware (whether through the standalone installer or QI [or even if ive just tweaked the phone through QI]), the problem returns. this last time, after hard resetting my phone and webOS doctoring it, i imported the same palm profile (which inluded google contacts, calendar, email), and did not install preware. i now have absolutely no signs of the issue. it seems that the problem is preware/QI/package manager service related.

as a side note, i use a airave at home. i dont know if that has anything to do with the issue, but i can confirm that the phone has gone "offline" while outside the house (i.e. not using the airave). also as an fyi, ive tried the process on a winXP computer, a vista computer, a win7 computer, and a snow leopard mac.

i really love the functionality that preware/QI provide, so this problem really sucks. if anyone has experienced this issue, or has any suggestions, i would love to hear them. at this point, ive tried everything i can think of. thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by camryivory View Post
    (Note: I've already read the troubleshooting guide and the installation directions. I've searched through these forums and I've tried to find an answer via Google. I still can't find an answer to my problems.)

I'm trying to install WebOSQI on my 32-bit MacBook Pro (OSX version 10.5.8). I have installed soylatte successfully (typed java -version into the terminal, 1.6 shows up). I have manually installed the sprint version of WebOSDoctor.jar in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Whenever I click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar, it "opens" for a few seconds (by "opens" I mean that 'ca.CanuckSoftware.WebOSQuickInstall' shows up in the top left hand corner to indicate a program is open, but there are no other programs or display boxes that show up on the screen), then it closes quickly.
    I am also having the problem with WebOS Quick Install. The WebOS Doctor is working fine. But when I try to open The Quick Install it just opens and closes like camryivory said. And I tried re downloading the Quick Install. I have been trying to figure this out all day.
    Last edited by Asiancandy; 11/08/2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    where do u install it to? what directory?

-J
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by issokay View Post
    where do u install it to? what directory?

-J
    I'm not sure what you're asking -- where does one install WebOS Quick Install? If that's your question, you install it on your computer. It needs to be in the same folder as webOSDoctor; you can put the folder wherever you like (desktop, etc).
    yessir, i just got in on this and my pre is now 1000% better and so much closer to the phone I thought I was getting. thanks for all your hard work. Palm oughta hire you and pay you a lot of money!
  18.    #2098  
    Just a bit of clarification regarding "Phone Offline"

There should be only 2 instances the phone will go temporarily offline:
    1. Luna restart.
      This occurs with tweaks and essentially is a restart of the webOS interface. It's what makes patch changes noticeable. As a side effect, phone connection is knocked offline in the process. It's only temporary and will reconnect shortly thereafter.
    2. Java service restart.
      This occurs after installing custom services, like Package Manager (used with Preware), FileMgr Service (used with Internalz), etc.. The phone goes offline while all the java services reboot and will return shortly.

Keep in mind the above are what's suppose to happen. If phone connection doesn't resume, a simple reboot of the device will fix it.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hi guys...
    i have the german pre with the webOS 1.1.3.

I have downloaded the QuickInstall 2.82 and missed the PDF landscape patch. Then i downloaded the QuickInstall 2.6 version and patched the webOS for PDF landscape.

Is there any reason why the PDF patch was removed in the 2.82 version?

greez from germany...
    In my best Jay-Z voice-"Thank you thank you thank you. Yall are too kind." Yo, I appreciate all of the hard work you guys put in for all of us to enjoy our Pre"s. Been at this hackin thing and browsing this site for like 3 days straight, very little sleep and food, like I'm hustling or something. But, I have a question, if I can pull up the emulator on my computer, does that mean I have WebOs quick install and doctor on my computer? I've been able to get all of the patches and what not through Preware, but I am unable to connect to the internet through my phone. I did the old "root your computer" process, just wondering what I am missing.