Page 104 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Holley, it's hard to think backwards when you want to move forward, but try. What all have you done with your Pre and what have you done with your computer since the last time everything worked.

In troubleshooting, if your USB cable isn't even charging, then don't worry about novacom at this time. You need to establish a connection first. When you say it's charging, are you getting the little lightening bolt? When you
    hook up the USB, do you get the option for Media, USB, or Just Charge?
    Have you taken out your Pre battery for a solidreset? That might help
    Have you looked at the running processes on your computer? Look for extra or missing apps.
    I know, I thought this way too! I did a cleaning of the registry (windows) and thought I lost something, but no. Pre should connect without anything at all. you really can't erase that.
    Yes, I tried my other cord as well as two other PC which my Pre has connected to before.

I actually called Sprint Tech Support. Options: Full Erase or Dr. , Send back to Palm (takes over a week and no guarantee they will replace or fix) , or go hang out with my "Buddys" at the Sprint Repair (this is my 5th Pre goin on 6th) Sadly I'll take the last in hopes of a quick fix (doubtful) I'm not happy @ replacing everything again into my fully loaded Pre.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll let you know what happened later on.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Okay, this would be my thought process. Two cords and 3 computers that have all worked previously and you can't even get the Media/USB/JustCharge option? It sounds like your Pre doesn't want to accept a USB interface. Now you have to figure out why.

Do you have a car charger/will accept that?
    Did you look in your Pre's USB port? Blow in it to remove dust?
    Again, taking the battery out resets a lot of stuff that rebooting doesn't do.
    Removing the last few apps/mods might help. Not that they were defective but they might be using resources that the Pre wants to use...again followed by a reboot or battery reset. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to start taking out tweaks especially if a Dr visit is on the horizon.

I've seen you help others and you're pretty sharp. I know that you'll do well. Please keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I know, I thought this way too! I did a cleaning of the registry (windows) and thought I lost something, but no. Pre should connect without anything at all. you really can't erase that.
    Yes, I tried my other cord as well as two other PC which my Pre has connected to before.

I actually called Sprint Tech Support. Options: Full Erase or Dr. , Send back to Palm (takes over a week and no guarantee they will replace or fix) , or go hang out with my "Buddys" at the Sprint Repair (this is my 5th Pre goin on 6th) Sadly I'll take the last in hopes of a quick fix (doubtful) I'm not happy @ replacing everything again into my fully loaded Pre.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll let you know what happened later on.
    Have you tried it on a different PC?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Have you tried it on a different PC?
    Last line, first paragraph
    Last line, first paragraph
    Oops, missed that!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I was getting the "Please connect your device then hit OK" error out of the blue too. Turns out, I had killed the novacomd.exe process and forgot about it. Open task manager and check that novacomd.exe is running. A reboot should re-start it. If not check your services an make sure it is set to automatic start-up.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Have you switched out the cable to verify it hasn't gone bad?
    On a huge coincidence both my cords went bad simultaneously so of course mass storage and media sync worked when i was at Sprint, but when i got home(and after I wrote that a partial erase fixed the prob)it again worked just long enough to use Quick Install to add apps and patches. A couple hours later, I plugged back in and again it was broken. Luckily, the Sprint guy gave me an extra cord, so I tried that one and now it works fine. Thankfully.
    Too bad i wasted all that time being frustrated, but things happen. Can you believe both broke at the same time? What in the world makes cords break? I always eject and they are not physically damaged.
    So next time i'll know better! thanks again for the help.
    I am having a problem with quickinstall.

When I try to install programs a get and error. I have no idea what the error is because it has so much information in the error. I just click ok.

I have java installed. I did the novacom manual install. I rebooted everything. I set devmod. I click just charge. Quick install sees my phone. I go to device manager and it sees what I have installed. I can delete stuff. I can click on install and install homebrews.

However, when I click on tweaks, then I go to the list of all the tweaks, I try to add them and I get an error. Something about file already there ignore? [n]. Some have installed. Most just error.

All the check box tweaks work fine. I am only having a problem with the tweaks in the list. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

PLEASE HELP.
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    I've been using WebOS Quick Install for quite sometime now and I love it. However yesterday I wanted to change themes and I tried to it would just hang and say "please wait" but never finished. I was forced to end the program and reboot my Pre. Now my Pre is back to the default Pre theme. I wasn't able to get it at work or at home. Any clue on what to do next to get this working again? Thanks.
    BUMP
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Dr it.
    Dr it.
    Serious? [sigh] I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericu571 View Post
    I am having a problem with quickinstall.

When I try to install programs a get and error. I have no idea what the error is because it has so much information in the error. I just click ok.
    PLEASE HELP.

I had a similar problem and fixed by running Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware. Rebooted my phone then ran Quick Install and no longer encountered errors.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    I've been using WebOS Quick Install for quite sometime now and I love it. However yesterday I wanted to change themes and I tried to it would just hang and say "please wait" but never finished. I was forced to end the program and reboot my Pre. Now my Pre is back to the default Pre theme. I wasn't able to get it at work or at home. Any clue on what to do next to get this working again? Thanks.
    try using the webos repair utility that jason wrote. Once it clears everything up, you should be able to apply a theme again.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    It keeps saying I need something called GNU Patch and DiffStat...where do I get them?...
  15.    #2075  
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    It keeps saying I need something called GNU Patch and DiffStat...where do I get them?...
    If you hit "Yes" on that popup, they get downloaded and installed automatically...
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Okay. Let's try and start more from the beginning. What operating system are you running on your computer? 32 bit? 64 bit? Do you have the most current version of both WebOSQuickInstall and the WebOSDoctor? Do you have the SDK installed and are able to run the emulator? Does QuickInstall recognize the emulator?
    xp, 32, yes and yes, Don't know about sdk, have nevber used emulator.
    Laissez Faire
    Although I love cell phones, I'm not that technically inclined.
    I've downloaded WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Doctor for Sprint, and even the Palm SDK. I've checked my computer, and I have Novacom running. But for the life of me I cannot get past the Error: No Device Found screen. Can somebody please help me? I'm ready to beg over here. All I want is to be able to make my Pre a little more awesome than what it already is.

Oh, and pointing me to the guides hasn't helped, I've read them so many times the last two days and gotten nowhere. If anyone could call me, it would be a great service.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    I've downloaded WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Doctor for Sprint, and even the Palm SDK. I've checked my computer, and I have Novacom running. But for the life of me I cannot get past the Error: No Device Found screen. Can somebody please help me? I'm ready to beg over here. All I want is to be able to make my Pre a little more awesome than what it already is.

Oh, and pointing me to the guides hasn't helped, I've read them so many times the last two days and gotten nowhere. If anyone could call me, it would be a great service.
    If your phone is in Dev Mode and you've rebooted both your computer and your Pre, then list each of the steps you've taken. It's likely you've missed a step; seeing the steps you've taken will make it easier for someone to diagnose the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post

Make sure your Pre is in Developer Mode. Otherwise, webOS QI will not recognize it.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    If your phone is in Dev Mode and you've rebooted both your computer and your Pre, then list each of the steps you've taken. It's likely you've missed a step; seeing the steps you've taken will make it easier for someone to diagnose the problem.
    The Pre has been in developer mode for the last 2 days. The phone and computer have been rebooted multiple times. When I actually can get the Pre recognized as a USB device instead of instantly charging, I have it sitting idle in "just charge". I run WebOS Quick Install, bringing up the main screen. Then I press the 3rd buttom, get the error message, and go to options. I hit (re)Install Novacom, wait for the button to depress, and wait...then I try the steps I've already taken gain, and nothing happens.

I thought the Palm SDK was a simple workaround for this
    So I downloaded it as well.