Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandchis View Post
    I am attempting to install the tweek for landscape PDF viewing and can't get it read alot of threads that mention "Extract Pdf Viewer App patch"; however, I can't find that patch.... Thank you all for makin my pre better.
    Go to List of Everything and type "Extract." Install this patch first; then install Enable landscape pdf view. Good luck.
    i went to services.msc and found palm novacom had to go to properties and set it to automatic and then start it. WebOS quick install worked after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    What are you asking? USB mode and WebOS QI have nothing to do with one another. When you connect your Pre to your PC, choose "USB Drive" on your Pre. If you want to use WebOS QI, choose "Just Charge" on your Pre. If you're in the "Just Charge" mode, you can't access your USB Drive. The USB part of your Pre is NOT mounted when you chose "Just Charge."

Try this: Go to add/remove programs > Novacom > Uninstall.

Now after you've uninstalled, go to WebOS QI > File > Options > Reinstall Novacom.

See if that helps.

The link is right below the "Donate" icon, near the top of the page of post #1.
    I am using Mac OSX so that process does not work. I do not know how to access novacom on my mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Yes. Try that. Open up your control panel and navigate to your installed programs list. Navigation varies depending on your operating system. Find the one listed as Novacomd. Uninstall it and start fresh.
    Deleted Novacomd, restarted computer, installed from WEBOSQI, restarted computer, restarted phone, connected, still not recognized. In developer mode, checked just charge.
    Laissez Faire
    I've been trying to install this program for days now, and I've finally hit a wall.

Here are my specs:

I'm running a 32-bit MacBook Pro with OSX version 10.5.8. I just installed SoyLatte and typing in 'java -version' in the terminal does show that Java 1.6 is installed.

I have both WebOSQuick Install & WebOS Doctor in the same folder.

When I try to open Quick Install, it "opens" for a few seconds, then closes. By "opens", I mean 'ca.CanuckSoftware.WebOSQuickInstall' appears in the top left hand corner, but nothing actually appears on the screen.

I tried deleting WebOS Doctor and letting Quick Install automatically download it. It gave me the standard message 'WebOS Doctor is not installed, would you like to do so?'. I clicked 'yes', selected 'Sprint' and then again, the program closed without installing anything.

I've done this several times. I've restarted my computer. No joy.

I checked the console and these are the errors/messages I got:

11/4/09 4:50:05 AM [0x0-0x78078].com.apple.JarLauncher[1210]

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:71)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    I'm not a coder, I have no idea what this means. I've been trying to install this program for hours over the course of several days.

Have I missed something? Have I done something wrong?

Dear fantastic noble pre-lovers, please help!
    (Note: I've already read the troubleshooting guide and the installation directions. I've searched through these forums and I've tried to find an answer via Google. I still can't find an answer to my problems.)

I'm trying to install WebOSQI on my 32-bit MacBook Pro (OSX version 10.5.8). I have installed soylatte successfully (typed java -version into the terminal, 1.6 shows up). I have manually installed the sprint version of WebOSDoctor.jar in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Whenever I click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar, it "opens" for a few seconds (by "opens" I mean that 'ca.CanuckSoftware.WebOSQuickInstall' shows up in the top left hand corner to indicate a program is open, but there are no other programs or display boxes that show up on the screen), then it closes quickly.

I tried deleting WebOSDoctor from the folder, redownloading WebOSQI and downloading WebOSDoctor automatically. I got the 'Do you want to install WebOSDoctor' dialog box, clicked yes, selected Sprint, and then the program terminated without installing anything.

I checked the console and it mentioned something about AWT-EventQueue-0 (I'm not at my personal computer right now, so I can't check the exact message).

Do you have any suggestions for what I should do? What have I done wrong? How can I fix this? I've been troubleshooting for hours, literally. I'm not a coder at all, so I've had to learn everything through lots of trial and error.
    Last edited by camryivory; 11/04/2009 at 08:20 AM.
    (Note: I've already read the troubleshooting guide and the installation directions. I've searched through these forums and I've tried to find an answer via Google. I still can't find an answer to my problems.)

I'm trying to install WebOSQI on my 32-bit MacBook Pro (OSX version 10.5.8). I have installed soylatte successfully (typed java -version into the terminal, 1.6 shows up). I have manually installed the sprint version of WebOSDoctor.jar in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

Whenever I click on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar, it "opens" for a few seconds (by "opens" I mean that 'ca.CanuckSoftware.WebOSQuickInstall' shows up in the top left hand corner to indicate a program is open, but there are no other programs or display boxes that show up on the screen), then it closes quickly.

I tried deleting WebOSDoctor from the folder, redownloading WebOSQI and downloading WebOSDoctor automatically. I got the 'Do you want to install WebOSDoctor' dialog box, clicked yes, selected Sprint, and then the program terminated without installing anything.

I checked the console and it mentioned something about AWT-EventQueue-0 (I'm not at my personal computer right now, so I can't check the exact message).

Do you have any suggestions for what I should do? What have I done wrong? How can I fix this? I've been troubleshooting for hours, literally. I'm not a coder at all, so I've had to learn everything through lots of trial and error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Installation and Usage Guide
    Special thanks to MortiseMaker for making this straightforward guide on setting up and using WebOS Quick Install.

Some parts are outdated, as it was written some time ago, but the majority of it is still accurate.
    I downloaded the WebOSQuick Install from the link listed on page 12 of MortiseMaker document "Installation and Usage Guide" Part A, page 12. WebOS Install,jar (995.1 KB 36162 views) Last updated by Jason on 09/04/2009. I loaded this on my personal computer and it worked great with my Pre. I downloaded the newest version 2.6 from this forum, when trying to change the Tweaks, I get the following errors:
    1 - /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Click OK, get the next error
    2 - /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css

both display a line at the bottom of the error:

difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesn't match the target

Any Help?
    For what it's worth, I couldn't install WQI on my Windows 7 laptop... So, I copied the folder with WQI and Doctor from my XP laptop, installed Novacom using the Win 7 method (linked in the first post) and it's been all-good.

Since last night, anyway.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hello everyone,

I need your help in preparing an updated article on how to use WebOS Quick Install. Our current stuff is out of date and this will add coverage for patches and themes.

Any help, thoughts, corrections, etc. are appreciated.

Post in the thread linked below.

Thanks!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    ROUGH DRAFT of a new article on How to: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes.

Can you give feedback and ideas for improvement? My hope is that this article will give full instructions so that we will have fewer frustrated posts in the threads. So please give your corrects, and ideas to improve wording, layout, images, etc. What is this leaving out?

I will fix image sizing once the wording and content are ready.

Thanks, - Craig
    I am having a problem with quickinstall.

When I try to install programs a get and error. I have no idea what the error is because it has so much information in the error. I just click ok.

I have java installed. I did the novacom manual install. I rebooted everything. I set devmod. I click just charge. Quick install sees my phone. I go to device manager and it sees what I have installed. I can delete stuff. I can click on install and install homebrews. However, when I click on tweaks, then I go to the list of all the tweaks, I try to add them and I get an error. Some have installed. Most just error. All the check box tweaks work fine. I am only having a problem with the tweaks in the list. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble with QuickInstall. I used it to add some tweaks to my phone awhile back, and now QuickInstall will not see my phone even though it's plugged in. I've tried using 2.03, 2.5, 2.8... none of them can see my phone.

Tried to run WebOSDoctor to reset the phone, but when it gets to the screen telling me to connect my phone to the computer, the "Next" button is not active. I've tried it in "Just Charging" and "USB Drive" modes.

I tried a Full Erase but that didn't help.

I would appreciate any help on how to fix this. Thanks.
    I have used WebOS quick install since july, but suddenly my Pre is not recognized by Windows. It's not Windows bus, i've successfully used other devices. Uninstalled, REinstalled Novacomb, and also troubleshooted thru Windows as well with no luck.
    Im running IBM thinkpad, Windows XP 32-bit, 512Ram.
    Ive searched everywhere, but havent come across this.

Unable to connect via media sync or usb or drive (E)for me.
    Says it's charging, but it's not, im watching it go down.

Ive been at this for hours, extremely frustrated. Unable to start a thread for some reason, or I would have. This thread may be able to help, so forgive if it's not the exact precise place please. I.M. me if you have any ideas,
    GREATLY Apprecitated.

I have "rooted" my Pre
    Lots of Apps including PreVNC and MyTether, neither of which ive bothered trying.
    Patches
    Theme
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I have used WebOS quick install since july, but suddenly my Pre is not recognized by Windows. It's not Windows bus, i've successfully used other devices. Uninstalled, REinstalled Novacomb, and also troubleshooted thru Windows as well with no luck.

Have you switched out the cable to verify it hasn't gone bad?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post

Ive been at this for hours, extremely frustrated. Unable to start a thread for some reason, or I would have. This thread may be able to help, so forgive if it's not the exact precise place please. I.M. me if you have any ideas,
    GREATLY Apprecitated.

I have "rooted" my Pre
    Lots of Apps including PreVNC and MyTether, neither of which ive bothered trying.
    Patches
    Theme
    exactly what happened to me a couple weeks ago. (cant find post I made right now)
    4 reboots of the phone, and 2 reboots of the PC got it working. not sure which of those actually did the trick, but I was desperate and trying anything, and it started working again.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Holley, it's hard to think backwards when you want to move forward, but try. What all have you done with your Pre and what have you done with your computer since the last time everything worked.

In troubleshooting, if your USB cable isn't even charging, then don't worry about novacom at this time. You need to establish a connection first. When you say it's charging, are you getting the little lightening bolt? When you hook up the USB, do you get the option for Media, USB, or Just Charge?

Have you taken out your Pre battery for a solid reset? That might help.
    Have you looked at the running processes on your computer? Look for extra or missing apps.
    I've been using WebOS Quick Install for quite sometime now and I love it. However yesterday I wanted to change themes and I tried to it would just hang and say "please wait" but never finished. I was forced to end the program and reboot my Pre. Now my Pre is back to the default Pre theme. I wasn't able to get it at work or at home. Any clue on what to do next to get this working again? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I think the problem is that, although they appear to be the same thing, the tones you get on your Pre (or any cell) are manufactured to simulate if you were dialing a land line, while those you dial once connected are the actual tone codes used by the telephone companies (DTMF tones). If so, there is not anything you can do to get around them.

Bummer. Makes sense, but bummer. Thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Deleted Novacomd, restarted computer, installed from WEBOSQI, restarted computer, restarted phone, connected, still not recognized. In developer mode, checked just charge.
    Okay. Let's try and start more from the beginning. What operating system are you running on your computer? 32 bit? 64 bit? Do you have the most current version of both WebOSQuickInstall and the WebOSDoctor? Do you have the SDK installed and are able to run the emulator? Does QuickInstall recognize the emulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Troubleshooting Guide

My browser downloaded the file as WebOSQuickInstall.download or WebOSQuickInstall.zip
    This seems to be an issue for some people on some browsers. Try renaming manually to ".jar" extension.

I've unzipped the file, what do I do next?
    Nothing! Don not, I repeat, DO NOT, unzip/unrar the .jar file. The nature of a JAR file is that it is both an archive and an executable program. We only wanna use the executable program aspect.

How do I run the program?
    Window:
    • Double-clicking on the .jar should work. If it doesn't, reinstall Java 1.6.

Mac OS X:
    • According to this document, OS X 10.5 Update 1 is when Macs got Java SE 6 (aka Java 1.6). This is required for WebOS Quick Install to run correctly.
    • For some MacOS versions that don't support the above release of Java 1.6, you want to try SoyLatte.
    • Also, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use and should have no ill side effects.

Ubuntu:
    • To install the current version of Java, enter the following in terminal:
      sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    • To run the .jar, right click, choose "Open with" and select "Sun Java X.X runtime"

For more info, see How to Run a .Jar Java File: 11 steps - wikiHow

I already WebOSDoctor downloaded. Do I have to download it again?
    Nope, you can just move your existing copy to the same folder as WebOS Quick Install and the program will run.

I'm seeing this screen. What do I do next?
    Nothing, close that window! That's WebOSDoctor. You don't want to run that unless you want to reset your Pre to factory WebOS settings (and wiping all your data).

In WebOS Quick Install, clicking menu Tools->Device Management does absolutely nothing
    This means WebOS Quick Install is unable to access the WebOSDoctor.jar file. Possibly corrupted jar file. You'll want to delete the WebOSDoctor.jar file then redownload from this link in post #1. Put that downloaded file in the same folder as WebOS Quick Install.

I'm getting "ERROR: No device found."
    Common error. Two main reasons this could occur:
    1. Mis-matched your choice of device. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. If your target is the WebOS emulator on your computer, choose "Emulator"; if your target is a real device, like a Palm Pre, choose "USB Device".
    2. Your device and/or computer are not configured correctly. WebOS Quick Install depends on both your device being ready for the connection as well as your computer being ready for the connection.
      • Novacom needs to be installed on your computer. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. Click the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
        • Alternatively, Windows users can manually install Novacom via this method.
        • Linux users can download Novacom here. Read this guide if your Linux distribution doesn't use Debian files.
        • A computer restart is highly recommended.
        • Windows users can verify Novacom is running by going StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and looking for a "Palm Novacom" entry and making sure it's started.
      • Bad connection
        • It's recommended to plug in your device into a main USB port that outputs power
        • Some people have reported devices, like Canon printers, interfering with a Novacom-based connection
        • It's highly recommended to use an OEM USB cable, as some eBay ones have been reported to prevent a Novacom-based connection
      • WebOS device needs to have DevMode.
        • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature. Don't worry, the reset won't wipe any data.
        • Some circumstances can cause the the toggle to show as enabled even when its disabled. To solve this problem, disable it then re-enable it.
        • Some people report OTA updates reset DevMode. Keep that in mind when updating.
      • When you plugin your device, choose "Just Charge"
    did it all correct and still got the NO DEVICE ERROR MSG