Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Newbie here, just installed my first patches successfully. Thanks to everyone here for the posts and to Jason for the guides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just curious what you're trying to imply. Does Preware not need to reboot java when installing services? Or do you mean java services only need to be rebooted on initial install and not during upgrades?
    What I meant was that Preware and WebOS Quick Install will only restart the services on initial install or upgrade installs. Neither should cause the constant restarting that the original poster is reporting.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks
    hi im a newb not sure if this is the right place to post but im having trouble getting the software to see my pre ive followed the walk through but still having issues.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
    hi im a newb not sure if this is the right place to post but im having trouble getting the software to see my pre ive followed the walk through but still having issues.
    You will need to be more specific about your situation and what isn't working. Also be sure and read all of the first 3 posts in this thread.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I feel like an *****.
    My Pre almost doesn't want to enter USB mode, and when it finally does I can't get WebOS Quick Install to work as it should. Basically, it's just an icon sitting on my desktop asking me to download the WebOS Doctor program, and hasn't done anything else.

I'm frustrated. Gah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    by the way, the official Palm Novacom deb download link on the first post is the same version as what was posted on that website
    The file listed on the SDK page for installing on Ubuntu uses a newer version that didnt' work.

From Palm Dev page: palm-novacom_0.3-svn196852-hud21_i386.deb
    Link I gave: palm-novacom_0.3-svn177284-hud9_debian_i386.deb

It took a little searching to find the file that actually worked. It didn't occur to me to check your 1st post eventhough you offer to install the working version via WOQI.

You rock Jason. Just wanting to reiterate that the newer version doesn't work on Linux at this moment. The reason is explained on the above link that I gave.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    I feel like an *****.
    My Pre almost doesn't want to enter USB mode, and when it finally does I can't get WebOS Quick Install to work as it should. Basically, it's just an icon sitting on my desktop asking me to download the WebOS Doctor program, and hasn't done anything else.

I'm frustrated. Gah!
    Most people don't read the instructions on page one.

To have WebOS Quick Install work, your Pre must NOT BE IN USB MODE, just tap 'JUST CHARGE'!

If you see an icon on your computer that has the Pre's directory, you put it into USB mode and WebOS Quick Install will NOT work!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'm having a strange issue with webos quick install 2.82 When I try tweak my pre only 1 or 2 tweaks actually work. And after I install them they don't show my boot logo like it usually does. And when i uncheck the box to remove it it doesn't remove it. This started happening after I used Webos Doctor to fix some issues i where having. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix it?
    Last edited by TheFreakinPope; 11/03/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Ok I done donated & I still dont tknow what the hell im doing wrong... I have the palm pre & I dnt know what im doing wrong but its just not working @ all, if some some can please walk me threw the steps I would love that... allrnothang@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    Hello,

I successfully installed tweaks several weeks ago, including the silence dial pad/haptic tweak (love it, BTW!). If I call in to work, the intial call in to the autoattendant is fine (meaning, dial pad is silent, +haptic). Then, when I dial an extension, the dial pad tones are back (haptic is gone). Not sure if this is the right place to ask why, but you guys seem like a bright bunch so thought I'd take my chances. Any chance this will get fixed in the future?

Thanks,
    Gayle
    I think the problem is that, although they appear to be the same thing, the tones you get on your Pre (or any cell) are manufactured to simulate if you were dialing a land line, while those you dial once connected are the actual tone codes used by the telephone companies (DTMF tones). If so, there is not anything you can do to get around them.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by allrnothang View Post
    Ok I done donated & I still dont tknow what the hell im doing wrong... I have the palm pre & I dnt know what im doing wrong but its just not working @ all, if some some can please walk me threw the steps I would love that... allrnothang@yahoo.com
    Did you try reading the .pdf instruction files?

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...tall-part-.pdf part 1

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...all-part-b.pdf part 2

If you need help, please indicate what kind of trouble you are having?

Please list what version of the WebOS you have installed, look in 'Device Info'.

Let us know what carrier, exampe: Sprint, Bell, Germany..etc
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by kellynelly1092 View Post
    When I click on Tweaks it says: No Device Detected. Please connect your device then hit "OK". My palm is hooked into my computer but it wont work. What do I do?!
    Same thing. It worked on another computer but will not work on this one. Made sure Novacom is running, just updated Java, developer mode, restarted the computer, newest version and it still won't detect the Pre. Went through all the steps in the troubleshooting discussion at the beginning.

One thing: When I plug the phone i get teh new hardware detected; I just just hit ignore, no?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    One thing: When I plug the phone i get teh new hardware detected; I just just hit ignore, no?
    Are you tapping USB mode? Tap "Just Charge."
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Are you tapping USB mode? Tap "Just Charge."
    I am tapping just charge. I am doing what I did on a previous computer but it worked there.
    Laissez Faire
    I am tapping just charge. I am doing what I did on a previous computer but it worked there.
    I would suggest try reinstalling Novacom with reboots of both your phone and computer. See if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I would suggest try reinstalling Novacom with reboots of both your phone and computer. See if that helps.
    I have tried from WebosQI. Nothing seems to happen when I hit the link. Should I delete the novacom that is now running? If so, where is it?
    Laissez Faire
    I have tried from WebosQI. Nothing seems to happen when I hit the link. Should I delete the novacom that is now running? If so, where is it?
    Yes. Try that. Open up your control panel and navigate to your installed programs list. Navigation varies depending on your operating system. Find the one listed as Novacomd. Uninstall it and start fresh.
    I figured a work around to my problem. I gotta hit restart luna but i can only do one at a time.
    I am attempting to install the tweek for landscape PDF viewing and can't get it read alot of threads that mention "Extract Pdf Viewer App patch"; however, I can't find that patch.... Thank you all for makin my pre better.