Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    hey guys,

ive been homebrewing since the early days, but ive recently run into a strange issue. whenever i install package manager service/preware through webOS QI, my phone goes "phone offline." it then regains the connection, only to lose it every once in a while. i also have issues loading my contacts (which are being pulled from gmail).

has anyone seen this before? any help would be appreciated.
    So why are you not sleeping man? I guess you are like me and trying to get all I can get out of my pre with the app's and patches?
    If you can offer any advice to how to get my pre to forward txt mgs I would appreciate it man.
    I installed webos quick install and followed all the instructions on the how to install homebrew apps section. it all works until i get to pressing install for filecoaster, then my computer says error device not found. i have re-installed novacom as well as checked every other step and its still not working. is there any advice you can give me, or is there another method i can use???
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hello,

I successfully installed tweaks several weeks ago, including the silence dial pad/haptic tweak (love it, BTW!). If I call in to work, the intial call in to the autoattendant is fine (meaning, dial pad is silent, +haptic). Then, when I dial an extension, the dial pad tones are back (haptic is gone). Not sure if this is the right place to ask why, but you guys seem like a bright bunch so thought I'd take my chances. Any chance this will get fixed in the future?

Thanks,
    Gayle
    GAHHHH!!!! HELP MEEEE!!!!

i downloaded EVERYTHING and it's not detecting my phone...
    i tried everything. please help me!!!!
    well I have decided to return the pre and go with the samsung moment. Pre has its place just doesn't fit me needs right now. I previewed the samsung moment at a sprint store and it will better meet my needs and wants. Thanks for all the suggestions they were and are much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I'm using a GSM 1.1.3 Pre.

Now that there is a index/feed of patches for the 1.1.3, can I just save individual patches onto my PC, and then Drag & Drop one into QuickInstall, to load onto my Pre.

The "official" method is to edit a Preware file to point it towards the 1.1.3 feed, but that's beyond my skills
    The latest versions of Preware and the Package Manager Service now automatically select the correct patches feed for your Pre, based on the version of webOS which is running at the time.

(Note that if you happen to have access to the 1.3.1 Beta SDK, you can see 77 out of the 104 Preware-installable patches already available for 1.3.1 ...)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by moonzilla View Post
    ive been homebrewing since the early days, but ive recently run into a strange issue. whenever i install package manager service/preware through webOS QI, my phone goes "phone offline." it then regains the connection, only to lose it every once in a while.
    When you use Preware to upgrade the Package Manager Service, it will ask you to confirm the Java services restart that is required (that is the thing which resets the phone connection). It will do it once only at upgrade time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. LWI
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;1946232]WebOS Quick Install v2.82

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the detailled instructions.
    One suggestion: For the dev mode secret password, it might be pertinent to specify that this part is done on the PRE, as all of the above is done on the PC. It took me a few seconds to realize this, and since I dont do this kind of stuff everyday, it was not so obvious.

Cheers from Montreal.

LWI
    I just updated to Ubuntu Karmic Koala (9.10) and now WOQI no longer works. It keeps telling me that my Pre isn't connected. I reinstalled the Mojo and then got the newest WOQI file and I'm still getting the same problem.

EDIT
    I solved it. I had to remove Mojo by following these instructions, then installed the newest version of the SDK but used the Novacom app here.

The newest version of novacom doesn't work on Ubuntu 9.10.
    Last edited by cajunlibra; 11/01/2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Updated w/ solution
    When I click on Tweaks it says: No Device Detected. Please connect your device then hit "OK". My palm is hooked into my computer but it wont work. What do I do?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    In WebOS Quick Install, go Tools->Delete File.
    Delete: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs

Then do that tool again and this time delete: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html

Browser Multi-Mod should then work
    I realize I'm probably necroposting, but I was wondering how I could delete those files specifically for this patch - Jason to the rescue once again! I can't believe I didn't realize that WebOS QuickInstall had a delete file/directory feature. Thanks so much for your tireless work.
  14.    #2014  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you use Preware to upgrade the Package Manager Service, it will ask you to confirm the Java services restart that is required (that is the thing which resets the phone connection). It will do it once only at upgrade time.
    Just curious what you're trying to imply. Does Preware not need to reboot java when installing services? Or do you mean java services only need to be rebooted on initial install and not during upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by LWI View Post
    One suggestion: For the dev mode secret password, it might be pertinent to specify that this part is done on the PRE, as all of the above is done on the PC.
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    The newest version of novacom doesn't work on Ubuntu 9.10.
    by the way, the official Palm Novacom deb download link on the first post is the same version as what was posted on that website

Quote Originally Posted by kellynelly1092 View Post
    When I click on Tweaks it says: No Device Detected. Please connect your device then hit "OK". My palm is hooked into my computer but it wont work. What do I do?!
    Check out the first few posts. Also, try rebooting your computer; many ppl forget to try this.
    I did reboot my pc, my phone is in DevMode, when i go to command promt and type in services.msc it says its started, and the WebOS Quick Install is on USB Device. I also unplugged everything from all the USB ports, thinking that could be an issue but it's still not working
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynelly1092 View Post
    I did reboot my pc, my phone is in DevMode, when i go to command promt and type in services.msc it says its started, and the WebOS Quick Install is on USB Device. I also unplugged everything from all the USB ports, thinking that could be an issue but it's still not working
    Did you select "Just Charge" as opposed to USB Drive when you plugged your phone into the port?
    I am the only one who can't get the custom feeds button to work (the third button down, under the plus and minus signs)? I don't like being this unique!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    I am the only one who can't get the custom feeds button to work (the third button down, under the plus and minus signs)? I don't like being this unique!
    What happens when you click on it?
    yes, i made sure its on just charging
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    What happens when you click on it?
    Absolutely nothing.