1.    #1  
    i have done everything i can think of. Its in developer mode novacom is working i reinstalled everything and nothing.
    Did you connect by USB and select "charge mode"? If you did not see that try another cable.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    doesnt work anyway right not for anything really but themes and dialers. Tweaks need to be fixed. im sure jason will fix it soon.
  4.    #4  
    yes it connects in charge mode.
  5.    #5  
    i am trying to remove my tweaks to update
    Make sure you're still in developer mode. Just had the same issue and that was the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    Make sure you're still in developer mode. Just had the same issue and that was the problem.
    +1 Had the same problem and that was it (developer mode must be in the "on" position)
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by bgolden8 View Post
    i am trying to remove my tweaks to update
    You don't need to, plenty of people have updated with tweaks still installed with 0 issue.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You don't need to, plenty of people have updated with tweaks still installed with 0 issue.
    I've got the same problem... USB won't connect because now it says it will install the update at the next charge; I click "install update later" and the USB link is not working anymore... i.e. I wouldn't be able to use it as a usb-drive either.

Anyone know a way around this? or just install the update over the tweaks and let it go?

thanks,
    -Tim
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat; My WebOSQuick Install blew up and won't run anymore. It seems to be a problem with my USB bus, but I'm at a loss to fix it.

Can't uninstall tweaks, and am trying to decide whether to update with the updates option or just call in the 1.2 doctor and do it that way. I’m thinking I'll just do the upgrade and if it blows up then call in the doctor. And if I brick; well there’s always the sprint store.

Hmmm, guess I could borrow my wife’s laptop. It’s not like I don’t have plenty of PCs laying around.
    Last edited by wodin; 09/28/2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo and formatting
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    I'm in the same boat; My WebOSQuick Install blew up and won't run anymore. It seems to be a problem with my USB bus, but I'm at a loss to fix it.

Can't uninstall tweaks, and am trying to decide whether to update with the updates option or just call in the 1.2 doctor and do it that way. Iím thinking I'll just do the upgrade and if it blows up then call in the doctor. And if I brick; well thereís always the sprint store.

Hmmm, guess I could borrow my wifeís laptop. Itís not like I donít have plenty of PCs laying around.
    it's not the PC it's the Pre... when it says "install now" or "install later" it's already taken the USB discovery out, so the PC doesn't know what the device is... kinda annoying... I don't know of a way around this... I might try the battery out; volume up button trick... but I doubt that's gonna work...

-t
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTim View Post
    it's not the PC it's the Pre... when it says "install now" or "install later" it's already taken the USB discovery out, so the PC doesn't know what the device is... kinda annoying... I don't know of a way around this... I might try the battery out; volume up button trick... but I doubt that's gonna work...

-t
    It's not the updater, I haven't run that yet. It's the Pre and the Novacom driver won't talk to each other, and WebOSQuickInstall won't run, It keeps telling me to connect the Pre, but it's already connected. I ran all the command line Novcom querys, and it's installed an running properly(?).

I got them to talk on Saturday by changing which USB port I was plugged into and installed some tweaks but when I tried on Sunday it was back to deafmute mode. Now I can't uninstall the tweaks before running the updater.

So now I'm thinking I'll just run the OTA updater, and let the chips fall where they may. The other option is the run the 1.2 doctor, but I think it is also dependant on the Novacom driver so it prolly won't work either.
    update was a success, now trying to tweak this mofo, no luck, yes, developer is on...any suggestions?
    When I click on install I get an error message. Device not connected. I am in "charge only" mode and my Developer Mode is set to on. When I go to USB mode my computer explorer recognizes my Palm Pre. What is the deal?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    And you've been through the troubleshooting guide (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2194980) including the instructions re reinstalling novacomd?

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Ive been trying to get this program to recognize my pre, and it wont. I already tried to reinstall novacom like ten times and i know the phone is in developer mode. the phone is also in charging mode when pluged in to my computer.

when i reinstall novacom i noticed that the window that comes up says "service removed" -is this the problem?
    <<Thread Moved>>

You will find the QI brain trust in here.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    That notice service removed is normal, it says that all the time.

Start the process over again, and if it doesn't work then your driver is disable.

The problem is not your pre it's the driver that allow webosqi to recognize your pre is off.

Ps. Update all drivers on your computer.

Good Luck!