Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyS View Post
    Yes, it is. On Mac, I just get a new menu but no screen appears.
    hmm, try renaming it to "webOSDoctor.jar"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    hmm, try renaming it to "webOSDoctor.jar"
    That did the trick. Did I miss where it said to do that?

Edit: Oddly, it didn't automatically locate the file and suggested another directory entirely. :P
    Sorry to keep pinging the thread... is it supposed to stop scanning at the first difference? It always stops at /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json and doesn't scan any further.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    HA! I had installed a theme, didn't like it, then uninstalled the theme, but my dialer app's background remained that theme's color. I didn't like it. Low and behold I come here and find this WebOS Repair Util, run it and it restored my dialer app!! Sweet!!!

+1

HOWEVER, even though all the tweaks have remained [I ignored the tweak related modifications identified by WORU]. They are NOT displayed as installed on the WebOS Quick Install 2.52. Edit: Doesn't show up in WebOS Quick Install 2.53 either.

I had tweaks installed via quilt, WebOS Quick Install 2.02 [?] and WebOS Quick Install 2.52
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    HOWEVER, even though all the tweaks have remained [I ignored the tweak related modifications identified by WORU]. They are NOT displayed as installed on the WebOS Quick Install 2.52. Edit: Doesn't show up in WebOS Quick Install 2.53 either.

I had tweaks installed via quilt, WebOS Quick Install 2.02 [?] and WebOS Quick Install 2.52
    WebOS Quick Install v2.03 and earlier Tweaks are not compatible with v2.5 and greater.

Sorry to keep pinging the thread... is it supposed to stop scanning at the first difference? It always stops at /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json and doesn't scan any further.
    Could you do verbose logging and post that log.txt file?
    i cant open jar files *** i downloaded the latest java and nothing ***
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunae76 View Post
    i cant open jar files *** i downloaded the latest java and nothing ***
    How to Run a .Jar Java File: 11 steps - wikiHow
  8.    #148  
    New update is out

v1.2 - September 24, 09
    - Better handling of requiring webOSDoctor.jar to run
    - File chooser starts in program's current folder
    - Added PreThemer themes to compatibility
    - Added "Override Compatibility" option
    - Various minor bugfixes
    Jason, thanks for all you do for the community, it really takes the Pre to a new dimension for many non-Geeks!

I ran scan/repair in WebOS Repair Utility v1.01 with following results (gave command to restore file each time):

Modified file found: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DateFormatter.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================

The second time it didn't find anything:

Scan complete!

Interestingly:
    - it leaves my multiple Launch pages, but removes the ability to add more
    - it leaves the dialer showing the length of the calls
    - removes email in landscape
    - removes browser iPhone spoof

Thanks again!!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    New update is out

v1.2 - September 24, 09
    - Better handling of requiring webOSDoctor.jar to run
    - File chooser starts in program's current folder
    - Added PreThemer themes to compatibility
    - Added "Override Compatibility" option
    - Various minor bugfixes
    Keep on keepin on!!
    Now, every time I run it I get a dialog that says:

webOSDoctor detected and setup. Please restart webOS Repair Utility to finish installation.

Unfortunately, that dialog appears every time I start it. Could this be a case-sensitive filename problem?
  12.    #152  

webOSDoctor detected and setup. Please restart webOS Repair Utility to finish installation.

Unfortunately, that dialog appears every time I start it. Could this be a case-sensitive filename problem?
    hmm, it's supposed to rename the detected webosdoctor jar to "webOSDoctor.jar" Did it not rename?

Oh, and just in case people were wondering what the new "Override Compatibility" option was, basically it sets WebOSRepairUtility to not play nice with themes/tweaks. It will remove whatever theme you have, reverting to default theme system-wide, and undo all patches and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks.
    It did rename the file to webOSDoctor.jar, exactly as shown. I tried renaming it back to the original and it moved it back to webOSDoctor.jar. But, it will load load it.

Same here. It did do the rename.
    Oh, and just in case people were wondering what the new "Override Compatibility" option was, basically it sets WebOSRepairUtility to not play nice with themes/tweaks. It will remove whatever theme you have, reverting to default theme system-wide, and undo all patches and WebOSQuickInstall tweaks.
    I'm one of those slow adopters. I still have the older version of WOSQI (2.03 I think) and have been patiently waiting for 2.1 OS before I remove tweaks (only a few) and the VK patch. I have been told I don't need to remove My Tether.

If I use this new utility, will it automatically remove everything before I rewrite the OS? It will take all tweaks and patches out? And if so, do I just set it to "override compatibility"?
  16.    #156  
    It did rename the file to webOSDoctor.jar, exactly as shown. I tried renaming it back to the original and it moved it back to webOSDoctor.jar. But, it will load load it.
    Now out

v1.21 - September 24, 09
    - Fixed issue preventing launch for some

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm one of those slow adopters. I still have the older version of WOSQI (2.03 I think) and have been patiently waiting for 2.1 OS before I remove tweaks (only a few) and the VK patch. I have been told I don't need to remove My Tether.

If I use this new utility, will it automatically remove everything before I rewrite the OS? It will take all tweaks and patches out? And if so, do I just set it to "override compatibility"?
    Yep, early adopters are who I was thinking about with the latest addition of "override compatibility" just make sure it's checked in the options menu and the scan should get things ready for WebOSQuickInstall v2.53 and beyond.

I remember the past few pages, occasionally people reported issues. Anyone having issues with the current v1.21?
    The newest version fixed the Cannot Connect error. It found about 8 files that needed to be replaced. It also fixed my Virtual Keyboard that I couldn't install. I appreciate all your hard work!
    tons of errors this time around. errors 3, 4, 5 and 20 frequently occur. i would also suggest an accept all errors option so again, you dont have to keep clicking as it scans. love the accept all restores function tho!

here is my log using the latest build (i'm gonna run another one back to back to see if it still skips):

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher/icon-19.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher/icon-28.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/digital/images/de_de-am.png
    --user restored file.
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/gal-arrow.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/images/BigWarning.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/erase/erase-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_us/views/Touchstone/Touchstone-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/sources.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/app/views/devmodeswitcher/devmodeswitcher-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/stars_large_0.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/resources/es_us/strings.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_big/gesture_glow_big_00263.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_big/gesture_glow_big_00235.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_big/gesture_glow_big_00255.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00234.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00216.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.updates/resources/es_us/strings.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/combobox-background.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/slider-button.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/selection-gradient-default.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/formats/tz.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ch/alternatechars_fulltable_azerty.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/strings.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/alternatechars_fulltable.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/it_it/stylesheets/global-base.css
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    preliminary results of scan two, it's already picking up stuff the first scan didnt.
    I get lots of errors with this latest release. I get the following after successive clicks of OK.

With the first release, I got one error, something to do with Devmode switcher.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast