Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    On my XP, it finds 11-18 file diferences each time, almost always different files.

On the Vista machine, it always shows these same 4 entries:

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/interactivetests/interactivetests-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/senderror-dashboard/senderror-dashboard-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00251.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/launcher/resources/es_us/views/browser/browser-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================

- Craig
    By the by,

I did donate another $10 on the opening screen. You deserve it!

- Craig
    Ive had to end task in the task manager in order to stop the repair utility. Ive restarted it several time. Each time it gets stuck at
    Scanning:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs

I don't know what else to do.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Jason,

For whatever it's worth, those 3 files it restored (without naming them) - I just found the Virtual Keyboard unworking... Removed it via Preware. I'm not going to reinstall it just yet.

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    An option to skip the .png files used for changing the theme would be cool.
    Thanks for a great app, Jason. Saved my bacon tonight.

I had the "white bar" problem, which is where installing/uninstalling a theme that plays with bar-assistant.jsjsjs $that$ $has$ $already$ $been$ $tweaked$ $with$ $the$ $battery$% $mod$ $leaves$ $a$ $white$ $bar$ $where$ $the$ $top$ $carrier$/$time$/$radio$/$battery$ $status$ $line$ $should$ $be$. $Restoring$ $that$ $file$ $fixed$ $the$ $problem$.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
    Ive had to end task in the task manager in order to stop the repair utility. Ive restarted it several time. Each time it gets stuck at
    Scanning:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs

I don't know what else to do.
    ditto
    Uninstalled everything I could in anticipation for web os 1.2. This thing pointed out all the ones I forgot like developer switch your work is amazing. keep it up.
    really really cool
    thanks jason
    Can this scan help with the 4 ERROR message for the keyboard?
    I get the Error 4 message on Preware when trying to install the keyboard as well. WHen we use Quick Install, we are all getting this error message:
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    It says:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during "postinst" operation
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json
    which already exists! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json.rej

It repeats that over and over multiple times then then very bottom says:

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternal.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

I hope that makes sense to you because it makes no sense to me haha!! Thanks for the help...
    - Craig
    Seriously I have lost faith, I don't think there's a remedy for this madness. I think this Error 4 message its the new cancer for the Palm Pre, it doesn't go away!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    this is my exact issue... so you never fixed it? just went to the Doctor?
    no, I never fixed it, I spent HOURS this last weekend on it trying everything, finally decided I would save time just restoring it.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I get the Error 4 message on Preware when trying to install the keyboard as well. WHen we use Quick Install, we are all getting this error message
    Sounds like an issue in the post-installation shell script. May wanna contact the WebOS-Internals guys about that.

Also everyone, new version out!

v1.1 - September 24, 09
    - Improved file stream handling
    - Added verbose logging option
    - Added "Restore all" button
    - Added option to see the differences between file conflicts

I particularly like the ability to now see what's specifically different between the file on your device and the factory one. For text files (jsjsjs, $html$, $css$, $txt$, $json$, $etc$.) $you$'$ll$ $see$ $a$ $unified$ $format$ $difference$. $For$ $images$ ($jpg$, $png$, $etc$.) $you$'$ll$ $see$ $both$ $images$ $side$ $by$ $side$.

I've done a few changes in the way I handle the file streams. If people still find scans are only taking 2-5min, giving errors, or seem to skip files, under the menu, go Tools->Verbose Logging then re-run the scan.

After a verbose logged scan finishes, the results are saved to the same directory as the jar as a file named log.txt. Attach that to your forum reply and I'll look at it, hopefully figuring out what can be done to get things fixed
    Crap!!! I've failed... haha... i did it wrong and lost all my info... oh well, now i know how to do it correctly...
    Hey Jason, do you think I should just restore my Pre to original stock with the repair utility? None of my tweaks are being recognized anymore by QI2.03 (But they all still exist on my Pre so I can't upgrade yet to the >2.5 series of tweaks). It happened after I ran the utility to just browse my Pre (never took any action to replace any files. Pressed "ignore" for all requests)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Hmm, I can't make anything happen with this on Windows or Mac. Is there some special incantation you're supposed to do or just launch the .jar?
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Hey Jason, do you think I should just restore my Pre to original stock with the repair utility? None of my tweaks are being recognized anymore by QI2.03 (But they all still exist on my Pre so I can't upgrade yet to the >2.5 series of tweaks). It happened after I ran the utility to just browse my Pre (never took any action to replace any files. Pressed "ignore" for all requests)?
    Oh, that's part of the 2.03->2.5 transition code I put in there. I kinda figured anyone using this app would be current, using the 2.5+ versions
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyS View Post
    Hmm, I can't make anything happen with this on Windows or Mac. Is there some special incantation you're supposed to do or just launch the .jar?
    Well, is it in the same folder as WebOSDoctor.jar, as described in the first post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, is it in the same folder as WebOSDoctor.jar, as described in the first post?
    Yes, it is. On Mac, I just get a new menu but no screen appears.
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast