Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13535859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1283
  1. #1241  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Where are the files stored in the doctor jar file?
    They're all inside the jar file.... which is why he recommended using 7zip to extract them.
  2. #1242  
    I did the same thing as mentioned above :/ and went to Preware to remove it, the only thing there was the place card to hold it until it was updated. Installed that anyway. No go. Uninstalled that. Now I'm not even seeing it in Preware at all. And it's not showing as a Patch in QI or Preware. I was hoping to use this find it... I SO don't want to Doc this thing...
  3. #1243  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Do you have Preware installed? You SHOULD be able to try to remove the patch with Preware as well.

    Personally, I had also done this, but my original install of the bad Browswer Multimod patch was using Preware. Preware was able to property remove it as well.

    Even if Preware doesn't see the patch as 'installed' maybe you can install again using Preware and then remove it that way. Can't hurt any more. Better than going right to the Doc.
    Thanks bro.....but I have already tried everything with Preware and QI, including installing it and removing it a few times. Ran epr several times. All for naught. And it turns out I'm not the only one who's tried all of the basic fixes.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TracyDew View Post
    I did the same thing as mentioned above :/ and went to Preware to remove it, the only thing there was the place card to hold it until it was updated. Installed that anyway. No go. Uninstalled that. Now I'm not even seeing it in Preware at all. And it's not showing as a Patch in QI or Preware. I was hoping to use this find it... I SO don't want to Doc this thing...

    I completely feel ya.....I really don't want to doctor my phone, but I don't know how much longer I can go without a web browser.
  4. #1244  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Where are the files stored in the doctor jar file?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkthght06 View Post
    Really appreciate the reply, but unfortunately without a step by step set of instructions--of which I would not even ask you for since I'm content to just wait for the utility--I have no idea how to implement your suggested fix. So thank you anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is stuck on this issue. I'll give it to the middle of this week and if the new utility is not out, then I'll just go thru with doctoring the phone.
    Steps to replace altered files with originals when no other options work

    1. After installing 7zip right click on the doctor jar file and choose open archive under the 7zip section of the menu. This will open a file explorer like window of the contents.
    2. From there you will double click on the resources folder.
    3. Then double click on webOS.tar (this will have a progress popup as it temp uncompresses the contents for viewing).
    4. Double click the "." folder.
    5. Double click the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz file next.
    6. Then double click the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar (another progress dialog will popup).
    7. Then double click on the "." folder.
    8. At this point you are looking at the directory structure seen on the device you will follow the same path here as the path for the file you need to replace on the device.
    7. Once you have arrived to the folder containing the file you need click to select it.
    8. Click the extract button in the tool bar at the top of the window.
    9. Pick a place to save it to so you remember where it is to copy to the device from webos quick install.
    10. Put your device in dev mode and once the restart completes plug in into the USB of the PC.
    11. Open QI and choose send file from the tools menu.
    12. Click the button to choose the file extracted from the doctor jar.
    13. Type the path to the file to be replaced on the device (for example usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/). The path is seen in the patch file for each file the patch alters.
    14. Click send to device.
    15. Repeat steps for each file the patch you need to reverse altered.
  5. #1245  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Steps to replace altered files with originals when no other options work

    1. After installing 7zip right click on the doctor jar file and choose open archive under the 7zip section of the menu. This will open a file explorer like window of the contents.
    2. From there you will double click on the resources folder.
    3. Then double click on webOS.tar (this will have a progress popup as it temp uncompresses the contents for viewing).
    4. Double click the "." folder.
    5. Double click the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz file next.
    6. Then double click the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar (another progress dialog will popup).
    7. Then double click on the "." folder.
    8. At this point you are looking at the directory structure seen on the device you will follow the same path here as the path for the file you need to replace on the device.
    7. Once you have arrived to the folder containing the file you need click to select it.
    8. Click the extract button in the tool bar at the top of the window.
    9. Pick a place to save it to so you remember where it is to copy to the device from webos quick install.
    10. Put your device in dev mode and once the restart completes plug in into the USB of the PC.
    11. Open QI and choose send file from the tools menu.
    12. Click the button to choose the file extracted from the doctor jar.
    13. Type the path to the file to be replaced on the device (for example usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/). The path is seen in the patch file for each file the patch alters.
    14. Click send to device.
    15. Repeat steps for each file the patch you need to reverse altered.
    Good lookin' out dude. I'm going to try this tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for taking the time to type all that out, much appreciated.
  6. #1246  
    Looking forward to that myself. Thanks!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

    Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  7. #1247  
    just checking on a time frame as to when this will be updated ?? Soon I'm praying
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. #1248  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkthght06 View Post
    Good lookin' out dude. I'm going to try this tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for taking the time to type all that out, much appreciated.
    I'm all about avoiding having to wipe and do clean installs such as having to use the doctor to restore the device. I still have not heard of a complete backup solution for webOS. And seeing as not everything is stored outside of the device as far as I'm aware things like text messages and certain apps data is lost in the process. I'm actually shocked that the big names in backup apps for palmOS haven't stepped up for complete backup solutions for webOS.
  9. #1249  
    oh Jason are you out there in precentral land ?? I know your busy but just wanted to know a if you will have time to work on this any time soon or if it will be a while? Thanks jason and congrats on your team takin the gold !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #1250  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Steps to replace altered files with originals when no other options work

    1. After installing 7zip right click on the doctor jar file and choose open archive under the 7zip section of the menu. This will open a file explorer like window of the contents.
    2. From there you will double click on the resources folder.
    3. Then double click on webOS.tar (this will have a progress popup as it temp uncompresses the contents for viewing).
    4. Double click the "." folder.
    5. Double click the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz file next.
    6. Then double click the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar (another progress dialog will popup).
    7. Then double click on the "." folder.
    8. At this point you are looking at the directory structure seen on the device you will follow the same path here as the path for the file you need to replace on the device.
    7. Once you have arrived to the folder containing the file you need click to select it.
    8. Click the extract button in the tool bar at the top of the window.
    9. Pick a place to save it to so you remember where it is to copy to the device from webos quick install.
    10. Put your device in dev mode and once the restart completes plug in into the USB of the PC.
    11. Open QI and choose send file from the tools menu.
    12. Click the button to choose the file extracted from the doctor jar.
    13. Type the path to the file to be replaced on the device (for example usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/). The path is seen in the patch file for each file the patch alters.
    14. Click send to device.
    15. Repeat steps for each file the patch you need to reverse altered.

    Thank you! These instructions were fantastic!!

    I had one file that I needed to restore. It wasn't a big deal so I didn't want to Doctor. I was going to wait until the Repair Utility was ready but this did the trick!
  11. GoGayleGo's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #1251  
    I am very excited to see this as I believe that I, too, only have a single file to replace. I've d/l 7zip and installed it. I've double-clicked the Resources folder - no problem. I'm stuck on step 3, when I try to open the WebOS.tar, it looks like that filetype is associated with my photo software - which gives me an error message of "the source data format is not recognized". What program should I associate with the .tar to get it to open correctly?

    Thanks,
    Gayle

    Edit - nevermind, sorry for being an *****. Just opened it with 7zip and am moving along.
  12. GoGayleGo's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #1252  
    Well, I've successfully replaced the file I thought was the problem, but I'm still stuck in the infinite loop from he**.
  13. #1253  
    any chances this tool will be updated?
  14. #1254  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    Well, I've successfully replaced the file I thought was the problem, but I'm still stuck in the infinite loop from he**.
    I just read the thread you were posting in related to your use of the step by step I posted. I assume all is fine now?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  15. GoGayleGo's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #1255  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I just read the thread you were posting in related to your use of the step by step I posted. I assume all is fine now?
    Let me first say your step-by-step rocked (I printed those instructions out and have put them in a file I keep for Pre stuff, I'm SURE it will come in handy in the future)! Once I got past the issue with the .tar files being linked to the wrong program, things hummed right along.

    Unfortunately, replacing the files I thought to be the problem didn't work. As described in the "Cannot Unpatch 1.4" thread over in the WebOS Development forum (I don't know how to link there), I ended up having to delete the offending file (not one of the files I'd replaced, BTW) through command-line. THAT worked and now all is well! No Dr. for me!

    Thanks for your help, you're one of the few who responded and I really appreciate it.
  16. #1256  
    Any rough eta when this will be 1.4 compatible? Cheers!
  17. jport1975's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1257  
    Why the delay in webos repair utility? Is 2.0 going to be 1.4 compliant or is this being reworked again? My Pre is fine right now, just wondering why no update to this in such a long time.
  18. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #1258  
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1975 View Post
    Why the delay in webos repair utility? Is 2.0 going to be 1.4 compliant or is this being reworked again? My Pre is fine right now, just wondering why no update to this in such a long time.
    Well as much as i need this and been waiting, I do understand Jason's got a boat load on his hands and he does this for free, so i'm sure if we wait it out and ask politely, our wishes will be granted. I am sure something will be in the works, i just hope soon but can't really ask for much since it is in fact a free utility.

    Jason thanks for your hard work!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  19. #1259  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Well as much as i need this and been waiting, I do understand Jason's got a boat load on his hands and he does this for free, so i'm sure if we wait it out and ask politely, our wishes will be granted. I am sure something will be in the works, i just hope soon but can't really ask for much since it is in fact a free utility.

    Jason thanks for your hard work!
    That is true. And its only been like 5 to 6 days since the update to WebOS 1.4. Be patient folks. I know its hard when there are problems with you phone.

    PS: Thanks for all the work you put into the WebOS phones Jason.
  20. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #1260  
    Is this the only utility/app that will allow me to replace an icon in the top bar?
    I installed a theme that I really like, but I hate that the EVDO icon has been replaced with a 5G symbol/icon. I was hoping to use this to simply replace the OEM EV icon... but it's not worth damaging the whole thing and having to do a complete Dr on it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions