Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 115156575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1283
    The link isn't working and when I do try and download my AV starts freaking out. Alternate-link?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Does anyone have an alternative link for the download? Link appears to be dead.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    download link not working! are we three the only ones with this problem? help! :]
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    download link not working! are we three the only ones with this problem? help! :]
    Are you trying the link on page 1? Because yes it's bad.

But on page 60 a new link was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    http://www.kevint.ca/pcdn/WebOSRepairUtility.jar

At the time of this posting this is the current v1.9 version.
    Here.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thank you for the new link for the webos repair. jar download.. You are a phone saver..
    does it work with GSM 1.3.5.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Girl View Post
    ...One question....your date for the Version 1.9 shown above...is it supposed to be
    Jan 13, 2010? I am sure based on sequence of prior versions...I am that 1.9 is the current version, and that the '09 is just because it is so new into the new year?

- webOS 1.3.5.1 support for Sprint/Bell devices
    - Increased verbose logging

v1.8 - December 15, 09
    - Fixed the notorious "Error 3" and "Error 5"
    - Added Pixi 1.3.2 support
    - Added GSM Pre 1.3.1 support
    - Fixed bug causing scans of backups of backups
    - Fixed various other minor bugs

v1.72 - November 20, 09
    - Fixed issue preventing files from transferring to the device and causing it to freeze
    - Fixed issue that under extremely rare circumstances would delete the webOSDoctor file
    - Improved verbose logging with Restore Specific File tool
    - Improved verbose logging of webOS Doctor selection errors
    - Fixed issue affecting usage with the Palm Pixi

Hey -- why doesn't this tool allow you to just do a scan only? I would really like to run this to see what files it would replace before actually replacing them, but having to sit and click "Ignore" a ton of times is not what I would consider fun.

Jason -- is this a possible future enhancement?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I have the links and a very detailed procedure that will clean up any software problem on the phone (see my first signature thread). Even if you are a newbie, you should be able to follow this procedure.
    can you stop posting the same message in all threads , thats not gonna help all the problems!
    Jason,

After the whole 'hide app vendors' debacle, I tried to run the RU to get rid of it. No dice. I got the evil Error Five message again every time it tried to send a file.

Running 1.9 on a macbook, 10.6.2 system. Latest java, reinstalled novaterm, toggled dev mode, everything I could think of to fix it.

It only does it when I override compatability, but I needed to do that to nix the patch so...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    WORU starts scanning for me then just stops at this line...

Scanning usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/search-bing.png

Anybody else get this?
    My phone went wonky today, so I decided to run the WOSRU, and it's been stuck on

"/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png"

for over 5 minutes (as of this posting)...I'm guessing this isn't normal?
    I also have been stuck on a line
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/fade-arrow-up.png
    for prob 20 minutes now.

I even tried to replace that file only and it worked, then when i run it again it gets stuck there again.

is there anything that can be added to let you know that the app is still running and not frozen?

Is it normal for this to take hours to run. It gets hung up on so many files. i have stopped it and manually replaced the file that it gets hung up on and restart it. it will still get hung on the file i just replaced then move on and get stuck on another file for an hour. the phone is working fine but after running emv i had all kinds of errors that i want to make sure dont cause any issues with the update.
    Last edited by graffix31; 02/19/2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Bleah, work is blocking filebin.ca (specifically Trend Micro). Is there an alternative download location I may have missed?
    I'm a little disappointed. After running this over 10 times, and each time it finding several (20+) files missing or modified, along with at least one "Error 5: Address already in use: connect" error, I think I would have been better off just wiping it clean and reinstalling any apps/patches.

Edit: Running WebOS doctor now.
    Last edited by antimojo; 02/19/2010 at 06:41 PM.
    the scan hangs...I can highlight the current file it is scanning and it will continue to scan...any ideas on how to run this without babysitting it?
    now it hung all the way...what am I missing here? I thought this was supposed to be a good utility. So far with all the problems I see everyone has had with it, I would not recommend it.
    Yeah i am feeling he same thing. it continually gets hung up. I will leave for two hours and come back and still on the same file. i have even copied the file it got hung up on, replaced it manually and it is successful and then run it again only to get stuck on the same thing. so far i am dissappointed after reading how good everyone says it is.
    I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I was having the same issue where the RU was locking up at a particular file. If I deleted the file and ran the utility again, it would replace the missing file and then just lock up at the next file it tried to run. For some reason, though, it started to work for me when I turned Verbose Logging on in the Options menu. I can't remember if it would work with Compatibility Override on, but it definitely scanned all the way through with Verbose Logging on and Compatibility Override off. As soon as I turn Verbose Logging off, it freezes again.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I was having the same issue where the RU was locking up at a particular file. If I deleted the file and ran the utility again, it would replace the missing file and then just lock up at the next file it tried to run. For some reason, though, it started to work for me when I turned Verbose Logging on in the Options menu. I can't remember if it would work with Compatibility Override on, but it definitely scanned all the way through with Verbose Logging on and Compatibility Override off. As soon as I turn Verbose Logging off, it freezes again.
    It locked up on me on the same file doing it both ways. Definitely something going wrong here.