Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I keep getting this error:

Error 5:

Command: put file:///usr/palm/applicatiosn/com.palm.app.phone/resources/es_us/views/emergencymode....

Basically, a ton of error 5 as I try to restore the original. Help =(
    I am somewhat confused. I ran it and replaced several missing files. But there were a lot of modified files. Ileft them alone. Should I replace all modified files with the originals? Will that remove my tweaks?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    my luck!!! i used webosdoctor last night because something was really messed up...then i wake up to this!

+1
    One question:

I forgot what app changed my battery meter to percentage. Either way, the Repair Utility did not change the icon back to a battery..the "x%" is still there. Any suggestions??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    One question:

I forgot what app changed my battery meter to percentage. Either way, the Repair Utility did not change the icon back to a battery..the "x%" is still there. Any suggestions??

IGO
    That was one of the tweaks on WebOS Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    That was one of the tweaks on WebOS Install.
    I updated to 2.5 ( I think ) then it showed that the tweek was not installed. I even rebooted the PC and the PRE...still WebOS install did not show that the tweek was active (box not checked) when it actually was and working right on my PRE.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I updated to 2.5 ( I think ) then it showed that the tweek was not installed. I even rebooted the PC and the PRE...still WebOS install did not show that the tweek was active (box not checked) when it actually was and working right on my PRE.
    Yeah, someone mentioned this earlier. You will still have your tweaks enabled, but they won't show as such in WebOS install. I personally have taken out all tweaks and ran this program a few times to make sure it cleans up anything that went a little crazy during my various hack experiments.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    Great work!

I ran this twice and received the same error about ten times.

ERROR 20:address is already in use: connect

It seemed to finish, and it found several missing and modified files, but it still gives me that error everytime I run it.

Thanks.
    same here, still in the process of scanning right now though, any explanation or meaning? thanks
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Question - when I try to run it, it asks me for the "WebOS Doctor 1.1" file type, but my WebOS Doctor file is named "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint" and is the same file name of the file that is linked in the original post for this thread.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to rename the file? If so, will it screw up WebOS Quick Install?
    this did not fix my VK. i got a lot of errors. 3, 5 and 20. i still get error 4 trying to install VK. it is not installed, and i deleted it via USB.

also, im running the program back to back after my first scan, and its finding new stuff. should it not get everything the first time around?

results of back to back tests:

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/digital/images/flippers-portrait.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/accounts/gmail-32x32.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/accounts/youtube-32x32.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/accounts/mypalm-32x32.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/editbehaviors.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/ringtones.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00234.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00216.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/palm-group-dark.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-acct-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/scroll-fade-bottom.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/accounts/youtube-48x48.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/list/listcontainer.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_us/views/Touchstone/Touchstone-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_big/gesture_glow_big_00235.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_big/gesture_glow_big_00255.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00234.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00216.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/images/memos-grid-note-pink-press.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/images/memos-grid-note-blue-press.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/tests/unit/app/views/test/test-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/images/groups-border-top.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/images/tasks-group-swipe-bg.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global-widget-mvpicker.css
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/datadiv/datadiv.html
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================
    Last edited by lldsandsll; 09/23/2009 at 07:03 PM.
    Jason, you are probably the biggest boss that I've seen thus far! Thanks for all of your work. And I second the whole "Check list" at the end of the scan.
    Great Program - why do you have option just to repair all ?
  13.    #113  
    K, I'm back home and I have 2 ideas that I'm working on, that should hopefully give much more insight on what's going on. New version hopefully out later tonight.

Though I can't reproduce these same issues on the emulator, I think it's safe to say the following are true:
    • Occasionally Error 20
    • Occasionally Error 5
    • Skipping MANY files are not getting checked (thus why ppl are finding new ones each scan)
    • Scans going much faster than supposed to (probably due to skipping files)

Quote Originally Posted by calibrand View Post
    I'm getting:
    Code:
    When I try to run it - any ideas?
    Sounds like you don't have WebOSRepairUtility.jar in the same folder as WebOSDoctor.jar

Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    Before running this you may want to remove all themes. Otherwise you spend 15 minutes hitting ignore to every png that has changed. Gets annoying. Start with the default theme and save some time.
    yea, it's only compatible with precentral themes currently
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, it's only compatible with precentral themes currently
    so ull be making it compatible with prethemer soon?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'll be trying this out soon. I'm glad to have this as it will probably be the easiest way to revert custom modifications prior to os updates. I've changed some font sizes and such that aren't part of the patches.
    Hey Jason, any quick ideas on my bug/issue:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1914808
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thanks for listening to all of us!!! You are the BEST!!!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Just want to report and thank Jason...

I had a HUGE issue with the VK after going to 2.50, then 2.52... ran the clean up utility and it said I was missing two files, launcher.css and launcher-scene.html... Then doing more research I found the VK restore thread... gave 2 file to restore something framework...

Ran this utility and bam, found all 4 files, no more, no less... Pre just restarted so will check back if the VK is fixed....

Modified file found: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    well progress... before I could remove the VK, preware and QI gave me NO option to remove, cannot install it on either...

now that it looks gone I'm scared to try and reinstall it with 1.2 update coming lol...
    When I start the scan it scans for ten seconds, then gets stuck on...

Scanning:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs

I have let it continue for fifteen minutes and it is hasn't moved yet. Any suggestions?