Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1283
    Ok, so if it's not java or a windows problem - is it my pre?

Based on the fact that i've been repeatedly able to "coax" it into doing another few files by moving around the menu's and clicking the "about" button (not a 100% fix, but half the time I open and close the about box it'll initiate a burst) I think it may be the actual program itself is getting stuck in a loop somewhere?

Running Windows 7, fully updated.

Thanks!
    Ok - i can verify that it's running 5 scans, and then getting stuck on the 6th one.

I've got override compatibility checked, and verbose logging (obviously)
    Opening and canceling the tools items seems to help as does the "about" dialog. Anyone else with this problem can confirm this with me?
    Going to try it later tnight with my netbook running Java 6 - 16 instead of 6-18. Might be the problem?

First hangup is always on "fade-arrow-up"
    [QUOTE=enrconc;2112309]
    Quote Originally Posted by enrconc View Post
    Now I'm suspecting something is wrong at some ribbon connector inside, so I'm preparing to open the Pre to the guts (as in Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit) I will use iFixit teardown as a guide, the only one I know ... I don't know what else to do.
    Help..!!
    Well, I opened my Pre to the guts on january 19th. Some steps were more dificult like to take apart the keyboard bezel, it feels so fragile.. But I got it. And nothing was wrong inside..!?# So I got back and reassembled it with care.
    Now I run 1.3.5.2, but I still have the issue of the freezing screen. And the way I found to "wake up" it is pluggin and unpluggin repeatidly the USB cable with the AC adapter, and after several repetitions, the screen turns sensitive. Sometimes it remains as that for half an hour, or more, but sometimes it freeze again after minutes.
    I'm mad with that, but now I am more sure it's a software issue instead of a phisical damage...

Still not solved, but I'm sure I'll get it.
    I ran WebOS Repair Utility, but for all but one (out of probably fifty or so) it failed with "error 5: file open failed".

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    Ok - i can verify that it's running 5 scans, and then getting stuck on the 6th one.

Opening and canceling the tools items seems to help as does the "about" dialog. Anyone else with this problem can confirm this with me?
    Yup having the same problem...I'm actually running it now and noticed for like the last 45 min it was taking longer than usual and seemed to get hung up on certain files...then I checked here and read that clicking on the Info, about that it would jump every couple of clicks. Anybody have any ideas on what may be causing this?
    [QUOTE=enrconc;2183255]
    Quote Originally Posted by enrconc View Post

Well, I opened my Pre to the guts on january 19th. Some steps were more dificult like to take apart the keyboard bezel, it feels so fragile.. But I got it. And nothing was wrong inside..!?# So I got back and reassembled it with care.
    Now I run 1.3.5.2, but I still have the issue of the freezing screen. And the way I found to "wake up" it is pluggin and unpluggin repeatidly the USB cable with the AC adapter, and after several repetitions, the screen turns sensitive. Sometimes it remains as that for half an hour, or more, but sometimes it freeze again after minutes.
    I'm mad with that, but now I am more sure it's a software issue instead of a phisical damage...

Still not solved, but I'm sure I'll get it.
    You can't just take it back to where you got it from?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Update - Used my netbook (also Windows 7) but didnt update to the latest Java. No problems whatsoever with Java 6.17 - ran through the scan nice and fast - fixed a bunch of my pdf problems from a borked "extract pdf" patch from back in the day.

So Jason - would you mind checking WOSRU with both Java 6.17 and Java 6.18 and see if that's the issue? If I get time later, i'll try to run through another WOSRU with my netbook, and then update Java and try to run it again. That will confirm that it is indeed the java update that causes the weird spurts / hanging.

Thanks!
    btw - with that last name i'd swear you're related to an NHL player... (Born and Raised in Thompson, MB here - living in Sprint-land now )
    Mr.D33 or Prince_Basil, you can try uninstalling your java, rebooting your computer, and installing the JRE from this page to confirm the 6.18 problem?

Archive: Download Java Platform Standard Edition (Java SE) 6u17
    I am trying the Repair Utility for the first time. It keeps hanging. It first hangs on this:

Scanning /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/fade-arrow-up.png

Then after clicking "about" in the menu, it suddenly started going again and hung on this:

Scanning /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/search-bing.png

Then it has only gone one more scan to this:

Scanning /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png

And there it stays for now at least 10-15 minutes. What's the deal, friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post

Got the same problem, Phenoum!
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    I tried this for my hanging patches in PreWare and it only worked with a few. Did you do a Luna Restart before running the EPR? Any other suggestions?
    Worked like a CHARM! Thanks so much!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dunger78 View Post
    Just wanted to drop a note for people who may have had the same issues I was having. I had patches that showed up on preware, but were unable to be removed. You could not uninstall them, nor could you re-install them, but they weren't really there on the phone. Really weird.
    I tried running EPR but that didn't work either. No patches were found. For anyone else having this problem, what you need to do is make a list on the "hanging" patches listed in preware. Then plug your phone in and use the quick installer to install the exact patches that were on that list. When you finish that, run EPR using the quick installer and it will clear everything out. Then you can go back in and use preware like you normally would.
    I know this post is coming out of left field but I am sure I am not the only person who was having this issue, hope it helps somebody out there who's frustrated.
    That was AWESOME! Totally removed the immovable phantom patch! Thanks so much for that tip!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    On Repair Utility i keep freezing up on this code:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png

Would this have anything to do with the 'hide quick launch bar' patch may be?
    Clueless
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Jason, have a question since u are the guru....ran the repair utility to try and remove bits of a stuck theme......after running it its still there....already did the doctor twice and repair twice....any suggstions
    Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    Jason, have a question since u are the guru....ran the repair utility to try and remove bits of a stuck theme......after running it its still there....already did the doctor twice and repair twice....any suggstions
    tried full erase
    Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    After you've tried everything, (except a full erase but) including deleting the virtual keyboard folder via the usb drive, I'd suggest trying a partial erase.
    It says that I have the wrong version of WebOS Doctor, but I just downloaded it today twice for 1.3.5.1.
    Picture 6 shows error message.
    Picture 7 shows that the Doctor is from January 8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I ran a Partial Erase, which fixed my issues, in case anyone was wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgood5 View Post
    It says that I have the wrong version of WebOS Doctor, but I just downloaded it today twice for 1.3.5.1.
    Picture 6 shows error message.
    Picture 7 shows that the Doctor is from January 8
    Did you have the application (/utility) download it or did you download it, yourself? If you haven't, already, I'd put the app in its own folder, with no Doctor files, then run it and allow it to download the version it wants.