Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1283
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    is anyone else having problems downloading Repair Utility? I keep on getting "Problem Loading Page, Connection was Reset".

Is there another site to d/l the file?
    Watching the repair utility run is sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post
    is anyone else having problems downloading Repair Utility? I keep on getting "Problem Loading Page, Connection was Reset".

Is there another site to d/l the file?
    +1
    I tried this for my hanging patches in PreWare and it only worked with a few. Did you do a Luna Restart before running the EPR? Any other suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by dunger78 View Post
    Just wanted to drop a note for people who may have had the same issues I was having. I had patches that showed up on preware, but were unable to be removed. You could not uninstall them, nor could you re-install them, but they weren't really there on the phone. Really weird.
    I tried running EPR but that didn't work either. No patches were found. For anyone else having this problem, what you need to do is make a list on the "hanging" patches listed in preware. Then plug your phone in and use the quick installer to install the exact patches that were on that list. When you finish that, run EPR using the quick installer and it will clear everything out. Then you can go back in and use preware like you normally would.
    I know this post is coming out of left field but I am sure I am not the only person who was having this issue, hope it helps somebody out there who's frustrated.
    I tried this for my hanging patches in PreWare and it only worked with a few. Did you do a Luna Restart before running the EPR? Any other suggestions?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm running the repair utility now after not being able to get rid of a patch (not sure which one) or install the Advanced Reset Options patch.
    My only comment during the running of WOSRU is that it constantly is giving off error 5- unable to connect while the device is plainly connected. I click OK after doing nothing new and it just keeps running.
    Not a big deal. Just sayin'.
    FYI: I got rid of my half-there patches by performing a simple partial erase. This accomplished what Doctoring and Repairing did not.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    OK. This is taking forever by having it stop after each file is scanned/restored.
    What happens if I disconnect and retry it? I'm guessing that's bad.
    ===========
    Over an hour later... this is ridiculous.
    Scared to disconnect... what if I have to start over again? Or can this brick my phone?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    2.5hrs later... and I need to go to sleep.
    I guess I'm going to see what happens when I disconnect and reset.
    Last edited by Trident; 01/23/2010 at 11:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    My only comment during the running of WOSRU is that it constantly is giving off error 5- unable to connect while the device is plainly connected. I click OK after doing nothing new and it just keeps running.
    Not a big deal. Just sayin'.
    im having the same problem only mine will find the first file that needs repaired and then it will look at the next file, give that error, i say okay, looks at next one, error, ok and so on, after about thirty of these cycles i gave up and quit the app. any help??
    I asked this in another forum but figured should have done it here 1st. Should I run this with compatibilty override on before the update to 1.4? Whouldnt that make for a perfect transition since the pre would be "clean?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I'm getting an error when I run the utility that my webOS doctor does not correspond to the webOS version on my Pre. I have a Bell Pre running 1.3.5.1 and I just re-downloaded everything fresh from QI. Any ideas?
    anyway anyone can post the repair utility on this page so i can download it. My work computer say that the site it is currently located on (filebin.ca) is a security violation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I'm getting an error when I run the utility that my webOS doctor does not correspond to the webOS version on my Pre. I have a Bell Pre running 1.3.5.1 and I just re-downloaded everything fresh from QI. Any ideas?
    I have this same issue and I'm pointing it to the latest version of webos doctor which my icon shows as "Palm webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build Sprint.170.220, webOS 1.3.5.1" and I just Doctored my phone with that version thinking it would fix the error but no luck.
    ok with a bit more searching I found a solution which is delete all previous versions or WOSQI and WOSDR then run the repair utility and it will prompt you do download the doctor. Then close and rerun the repair utility and point it to the new/only WOSDR and it works like a charm.
    Hi all. I have a serious problem. I installed Quake, and pak0.pak plus pak1.1. I think I did it wrong because it was not starting from the icon. I decided to uninstall it, and uninstall both pak archives. Suddenly my Palm went off. And now, when I try to turn it on, palm logo appears and when is going to start, goes black again and the word Palm appears again and so on. Is it possible to restart the Palm or repair it when you canīt switch it on? Is there a boot disk for Palm?

Thank you for your help and excuse my poor English.
    I have tried running the Repair Utility but it didn't pick up any problems in the scan. I don't know how to use the 'restore specific file' so that may be the trick, if anyone can help me that would be great, I hate using the google maps app...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have connected my phone to my comp with Dev Mode On and in just charge mode but neither WebOS quickinstall nor WebOS Repair Util is able to recognize my device being connected. This problem is occurring right after I tried to use preware to update all my patches and was able to update all but the virtual keyboard.

Anyone with any ideas on what to do?
    Last edited by ChiSox420; 01/27/2010 at 01:40 PM.
    I've been running the Repair Utility for an hour already & it doesn't seem to want to go any faster. It scans really quickly and stops on one file. Then scans really quickly again & stops on another file. Would it be easier to just Doctor the phone?
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Same as Prince Basil here - seems to hang every few files. If i click on the "about" button or move around in the tabs a bit it seems to jump in spurts - is my Java the problem? newest version installed
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    Same as Prince Basil here - seems to hang every few files. If i click on the "about" button or move around in the tabs a bit it seems to jump in spurts - is my Java the problem? newest version installed
    The fact that you can see the app is evidence that Java is not the problem.