Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1283
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I guess a quick flash of the gui. It really doesn't do anything. and now my webosquickinstall opens but it doesn't do anything after that. If I click on device management, nothing. If I click on the 3rd button on the right, nothing.
    I fixed this issue.

But now when I run quickrepair, It is giving me a repair and error 5 after every file. Guess it was really screwed up. How long is this going to take?
    Quote Originally Posted by TazzyKC View Post
    Repair Utility compares the files on your Pre with the files that should be on a stock pre that's updated to the current version. It will install the files that are missing and will let you know if the file version is different than the official version (Webos Doctor).

Basically - if you have a few files to install or replace - Webos Repair.
    If your pre is very messed up - refresh your OS with Webos Doctor
    My pre appears really messed up. any way of stopping webrepair to run doctor?
    My pre appears really messed up. any way of stopping webrepair to run doctor?
    Yeah... On the PC's, just close the Repair utility. If you've used the Repair utility to get the most current Webos Doctor (you should), just click on that file to run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazzyKC View Post
    Yeah... On the PC's, just close the Repair utility. If you've used the Repair utility to get the most current Webos Doctor (you should), just click on that file to run it.

Closing repair midscan won't hurt anything?
    Closing repair midscan won't hurt anything?
    It didnt for me. At the time it was installing the *.png pictures files into the pictures directory - so I figured it was the safest to stop it there as it wasnt doing anything with the core OS files when I stopped it. I was getting really tired of hitting the enter keys after each and every files too.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Jason,

I love you man.... When you write a backup utility I will give you my wife as a token of my appreciation...
    so is there anyway of actually completely clearing off preware patches?
    I've doctored my phone and still after installing preware it shows patches being installed but I can't remove them.

Device management doesn't even show preware being installed even though I just installed it and it shows on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    I cant get apps from the app catalog
    I figured out what this problem was, I just had to install the Emergency Migration Helper and all is better.
    I've doctored my phone and still after installing preware it shows patches being installed but I can't remove them.

Device management doesn't even show preware being installed even though I just installed it and it shows on my pre.
    having same issue.

Try running the Emergency Patch Removal Tool, i have had good luck with that taking off stubborn patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer View Post
    Try running the Emergency Patch Removal Tool, i have had good luck with that taking off stubborn patches.
    tried that multiple times and new QI doesn't have it.
    I guess a quick flash of the gui. It really doesn't do anything. and now my webosquickinstall opens but it doesn't do anything after that. If I click on device management, nothing. If I click on the 3rd button on the right, nothing.
    Make sure your copy of WebOS Dr is the correct size and correct version (approx 207mb and WebOS DR 1.3.5.1). Also, make sure they are both in the same folder/directory or just place both Repair utility and Webdr on your desktop.

Also make sure you have the latest Java version on your PC.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    is there a new release of repair utility since 1.3.5 update? My 4x4 launcher icions patch is stuck on my pre and I have tried Emergency Patch Removal, which fixed other patches but not a 4x4. Repair utility from M. Robitaille is my only hope.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hey Jason. I have 1.3.5.1 on my pre however its build 220, and the latest build im seeing on sprint is 219, when i try to run the Repair utility it says its not compatable with the version on my phone? any suggestions?
    Just wanted to drop a note for people who may have had the same issues I was having. I had patches that showed up on preware, but were unable to be removed. You could not uninstall them, nor could you re-install them, but they weren't really there on the phone. Really weird.
    I tried running EPR but that didn't work either. No patches were found. For anyone else having this problem, what you need to do is make a list on the "hanging" patches listed in preware. Then plug your phone in and use the quick installer to install the exact patches that were on that list. When you finish that, run EPR using the quick installer and it will clear everything out. Then you can go back in and use preware like you normally would.
    I know this post is coming out of left field but I am sure I am not the only person who was having this issue, hope it helps somebody out there who's frustrated.
    Jason -- I ran the latest webos Repair Utility on my Sprint 1.3.5.1 device. Overall, it worked, but I got a number of errors during the process. Here is the log file that it generated (i zipped it because it was too large). A few of the files I know got errors were:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/manualanalog/manualanalog-clock-functions.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/edit-rules.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/resources/es_us/strings.json

and this point, i stopped writing down the files..

let me know if there is anything I should worry about, or if there is any additional info you need.

thanks
    Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jason is Da Man........

Three Cheers for Jason... Hip Hip Hoooray!
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer View Post
    I figured out what this problem was, I just had to install the Emergency Migration Helper and all is better.
    Im gonna try that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Can you run repair utility with several Preware installed patches installed or do they have to be removed prior.
    Just make sure you DO NOT have the Override Compatibility function turned on in the repair utility, and it will ignore your patches.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Can anyone help me with an issue i'm having with Repair Utility? Ive accidently loaded a custom theme on top of another as I presumed the first theme was removed and the default theme was in place. For whatever reason, this wasn't the case. Anyways, when i launch the Utility and scan/repair it attempts to load webOS Doctor, but i get an error stating:

"File does not correspond a valid WebOS Doctor file for the version of webOS on your device."

Ive tried deleting WOSQI, WOSDR, and Repair Utility and reinstalling them, but alas, the error still comes up. Please help! Thanks!