Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1283
  1. #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    I REALLY hope this is not the case because I really REALLY need the repair utility.

    Jason, can you comment on this?

    Thanx
    just to let u know..even if u doctor ur phone...u dont lose anything...except services patches and ur theme...ur homebrew apps r in place also
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #1002  
    so when is the updated webos repair utility supposed to be out?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. #1003  
    So I have a question.. I think I made a big mistake! Haha.. I am trying to restore all of my factory settings on my Palm Pre because I made a switch to the iPhone.. So I installed a bunch of patches through Preware. I went to device info and clicked Partial Erase on accident. After it did it's restoring it booted back up but I can tell my patches are still installed (It displays the Battery Icon & Percent patch and Date/Time patch on the top information bar). Now that it's booted up its asking me to either log into my existing Palm profile or create a new one. Well I can't do either because it is telling me I need to be connected to a wireless service provider to log in. So my question is if I sell this device on eBay and someone brings it into Sprint, is ALL of my information going to be wiped off the device and the patches will be there still or if someone logs in is all my information still going to be there?

    My other question would be, is there anyway I can still WebOSDoctor this device? I have tried running it but since it is stuck on the initial boot up screen when I run WebOSDoctor it tells me to connect my device because the "Just Charge/USB Drive" screen doesn't come up so it keeps telling me to connect my device before I can run it.. I know this seems like a complex problem but does ANYONE have any information on what I can do to get this phone back to TRUE factory settings without Preware installed patches still?? I just want the thing back to normal.
  4. #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by DusTenThousand View Post
    So I have a question.. I think I made a big mistake! Haha.. I am trying to restore all of my factory settings on my Palm Pre because I made a switch to the iPhone.. So I installed a bunch of patches through Preware. I went to device info and clicked Partial Erase on accident. After it did it's restoring it booted back up but I can tell my patches are still installed (It displays the Battery Icon & Percent patch and Date/Time patch on the top information bar). Now that it's booted up its asking me to either log into my existing Palm profile or create a new one. Well I can't do either because it is telling me I need to be connected to a wireless service provider to log in. So my question is if I sell this device on eBay and someone brings it into Sprint, is ALL of my information going to be wiped off the device and the patches will be there still or if someone logs in is all my information still going to be there?

    My other question would be, is there anyway I can still WebOSDoctor this device? I have tried running it but since it is stuck on the initial boot up screen when I run WebOSDoctor it tells me to connect my device because the "Just Charge/USB Drive" screen doesn't come up so it keeps telling me to connect my device before I can run it.. I know this seems like a complex problem but does ANYONE have any information on what I can do to get this phone back to TRUE factory settings without Preware installed patches still?? I just want the thing back to normal.
    Alright, after doing some research on here I tried remvoing the battery, holding volume up, inserting USB cable and inserting battery to get the USB screen to come up so now I can run WebOSDoctor, but now it freezes everytime at 14%.. I have redownloaded Doctor, and tried Doctoring the phone 5 times now. Do I have any chance at getting this phone back, or is it junk for good now?
  5. #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by DusTenThousand View Post
    Alright, after doing some research on here I tried remvoing the battery, holding volume up, inserting USB cable and inserting battery to get the USB screen to come up so now I can run WebOSDoctor, but now it freezes everytime at 14%.. I have redownloaded Doctor, and tried Doctoring the phone 5 times now. Do I have any chance at getting this phone back, or is it junk for good now?
    keep trying it should work its not junk now it can be fixed if it still works. try charging it up for like 20 or 30 min then doctor it again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    just to let u know..even if u doctor ur phone...u dont lose anything...except services patches and ur theme...ur homebrew apps r in place also
    This is only if I doctor to 1.3.5, right? Because from what I understand doctoring to 1.3.1 and earlier will erase EVERYTHING.

    Also, I thought doctoring (even to 1.3.5) erases your contacts and messages, is that not right?

    And I've also read that doctoring to 1.3.5 still doesn't fix some ppl's problems b/c it doesn't erase everything; so they had to doctor to 1.3.1 b/c it erases everything.
  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    This is only if I doctor to 1.3.5, right? Because from what I understand doctoring to 1.3.1 and earlier will erase EVERYTHING.

    Also, I thought doctoring (even to 1.3.5) erases your contacts and messages, is that not right?

    And I've also read that doctoring to 1.3.5 still doesn't fix some ppl's problems b/c it doesn't erase everything; so they had to doctor to 1.3.1 b/c it erases everything.
    well ur contacts r backed up...i didnt realize about my messages bc in my opinion i dont care if those get deleted so i didnt notice...but all ur apps including homebrew r still there...the only thing u gotta install r services, patches and ur theme...but about the messages i have no idea
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  8. #1008  
    Jason

    From a fellow Canuk - great to see such wonderful independent software from you. Just made a donation to express my thanks, and to encourage you to finish the OS 1.3.5.1 webOS repair function. I seem to preware and webOS quickinstall report a bunch of patches still installed wich were removed by the EPR - I can wait, but looking forward to being able to fix this.

    Andrew
  9. #1009  
    Would be nice Jason if we got some kind of ETA. Thanks and I can't wait to see how messed up my phone is or isn't.


    Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  10. #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    just to let u know..even if u doctor ur phone...u dont lose anything...except services patches and ur theme...ur homebrew apps r in place also
    For the record, sometimes Homebrew doesn't come back. Not all of mine did - and I did a back-up before doctoring.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11. #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by glovereric View Post
    pjjohn73 Thank you so very much for your detailed reply. I wish I were a better coder and had time to personally help. Anything I can do, just ask.

    As for a quick update - I did a partial erase. As you said the Apps I bought were reinstalled, but it did take a while to get my settings back to normal (before even dealing with the tweaks), however now my phone mostly works and the battery life has returned to a very good level.

    I will wait for the newest version and as soon as I get it, I will donate some $$$ for it if I can.

    I was able to run the old quickinstall to get some things working, but still have some minor issues which will surely be resolved with the latest version.

    Summary: Partial erase as per the directions, then reentering my palm account info allowed Palm to restore most things, but, I had to re-enter all my passwords, and redo my configuration. Then I let my Google e-mail/calendar/contacts resync (took a while over EVDO). Then I was able to worry about the mods/customizations.

    As a quick note: When I did the partial erase, Palm did NOT restore configurations like ringtone settings, or other options, and my call log and conversations got wiped too. I wonder if using Missing Sync would have saved those. Other than that the non-tweaked stuff is pretty much back to normal without too much difficulty.

    Thanks again,
    Eric
    I am glad I helped and glad you have things working at least better than they were. I did a partial restore also to get rid of a couple small problems. Mine is working well except that for some odd reason by battery life became worse. Not a huge amount but somewhat noticeable.
  12. #1012  
    I cant wait to use the app catalog again. Hope webos repair can help my problems.
  13. #1013  
    WebOS Doctor not recognizing my phone. I would love the repair utility.
  14. traclimb's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #1014  
    Jason I just have to say you're a stud... all my problems have been fixed by your posts/software etc etc etc... what the heck do you do anyway... are you just a student..

    And you're canadian... I never would of expected... Can't wait for the 1.3.5.1 to come out... any ETA??

    Thanks again.
  15. #1015  
    lol and you're canadian? what does THAT mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by traclimb View Post
    Jason I just have to say you're a stud... all my problems have been fixed by your posts/software etc etc etc... what the heck do you do anyway... are you just a student..

    And you're canadian... I never would of expected... Can't wait for the 1.3.5.1 to come out... any ETA??

    Thanks again.
    Last edited by sublimexistence; 01/11/2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: no quote... kind of ambiguous
  16. #1016  
    So, when is the WebOS Repair Utility for 1.3.5.1 coming out????
  17. #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimexistence View Post
    lol and you're canadian? what does THAT mean?
    Jason works very diligently to avoid typing the word 'eh' in most of his written communication.

    Further, he fights that inner animal that keeps prodding him to tell most of us to "Get lost, hoser" when we're asking annoying questions that have been answered here 100 times already.

    Jason, on a related note: When all of your apps are stable and up to date for the current version of WebOS, we should all head down to the loading dock and get loaded, eh!???

    Of course, all due apologies to all Canadians (except those from Quebec of course) for promoting the above stereotypes and to those of you who have never seen the movie Strange Brew for your lack of context in my above attempts at humor
  18. #1018  
    Hey Guys,

    So, I have 1.3.5 on my phone now, I am trying to take out the themes so I can update properly. I did a partial restore and most of it reverted back, however, I still have the launcher, phone, and other parts of the theme still on my phone. I tried to "revert to default" but it is dimmed out. I was wondering if 1) The Repair Utility will fix this problem and 2) does the current Repair Utility support the 1.3.5 version of the Pre (for sprint)?
  19. #1019  
    No...the current repair utility will not fix your phone. How did you take out "themes?" You can only install one theme at a time. How did you install these "themes?" Preware? or WebOS quickinstall? Which ever one you used; use it agian to uninstall the "themes." The easiest thing for you to do is dr you phone INHO...
  20. #1020  
    Sorry, I meant theme. I installed "beauty of the woman form" or something like that, it got disconnected halfway through so I reinstalled it. I used quickinstall to install the theme. Then when I tried to take it off, I went to the "themer" and the "revert to default" button was grayed out so I couldn't click on it. I read on a forum that someone said to try to reinstall the theme and then the "revert to default" would turn back on (did that and it didn't work). So then I tried to swap for another theme hoping the "revert to default" button would be available, which did not work. I then did a partial restore. I got the main background back but parts of the second theme were still there, like on the launcher and on the touchscreen dial pad. I was looking at doctoring my phone, but I am still unsure what does it do. Will it wipe out my contacts, pictures, and songs saved on my phone? What does INHO mean? Thank you for your advice, hope to hear from you soon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions