Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1283
    Hi I am very confused here - I had a Pre where I used WebOS QuickInstall to set up a bunch of tweaks. Then Sprint/Palm told me to update to 1.3.5 - so I did and many of my tweaks broke - i.e. the Battery Percent as just one. I also noticed (maybe due to messed up tweaks) my battery life divided by two or more - losing 50% overnight with nothing of consequence running.

Then After the update I tried to re-install the tweaks but it told me they were already installed.

So I need to understand the easiest and least painful way to fix my phone to working order - normal battery life, and the required tweaks working.

If I read right, the only option is hard reset and reinstall everything? If I do this will I lose the apps I paid for? What about my data which is not backed up to Palm?

Would waiting for a new WebDoctor enable me to wipe all the Tweaks properly and start fresh?

How do I do a "partial erase" and is that likely to help me?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by glovereric View Post
    Hi I am very confused here - I had a Pre where I used WebOS QuickInstall to set up a bunch of tweaks. Then Sprint/Palm told me to update to 1.3.5 - so I did and many of my tweaks broke - i.e. the Battery Percent as just one. I also noticed (maybe due to messed up tweaks) my battery life divided by two or more - losing 50% overnight with nothing of consequence running.

Then After the update I tried to re-install the tweaks but it told me they were already installed.

So I need to understand the easiest and least painful way to fix my phone to working order - normal battery life, and the required tweaks working.

If I read right, the only option is hard reset and reinstall everything? If I do this will I lose the apps I paid for? What about my data which is not backed up to Palm?

Would waiting for a new WebDoctor enable me to wipe all the Tweaks properly and start fresh?

How do I do a "partial erase" and is that likely to help me?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Fist off, if you install patches using Quick Install or Preware or through an other option, you should always remove them before doing a Palm Pre update. Palm does not support patches and is not responsible. Then after updating you can reinstall the patches as they are updated for the new WebOS version. Even then you must be aware that this is at your own risk as problem can happen.

If you were to do a full or partial restore you can get the data that palm backs up and you can always download the application you paid for again. Any other data you are responsible for yourself.

In your case if you have important information that Palm will not save and it can't be backed up of the USB drive of the Pre then I would wait until Repair Utility if finished and that will hopefully correct your problems without data loss.

If you can't wait or if you still have problems after using this utility then a full or partial restore might be needed. A partial restore will save personal data on the USB drive of the Pre such as pictures, music, etc. A full restore you will loose everything. Also both restores should re-install the Palm App Catalogs apps and synced Google accounts and and the misc. data Palm backs up.

To do a restore you need to find the Device Info icon on the Pre then select Reset Options.

If anyone wants to add to this or correct me please do so.

PS: Anyone here when the update to the Repair Utility is coming out? I have a few patches that are gliching and was thinking of doing a restore, but if an update is coming out today, I would hate to go through the trouble.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 01/07/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    A couple of days ago, Jason said it would be out soon. You'll just have to have patience.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I am hoping this utility will fix my app catalog. It went haywire w/ 1.3.5 as I had a fantom patch installed that would not remove.

My app catalog still shows BETA and the icons for the apps are gone
    Any news/updates on a version compatible with 1.3.5.1???

I desperately need it, I really REALLY jacked up some patching stuff, and I have never doctored my phone ever since I got it in June(still on my first pre!!!).
    sprint and palm are wearing the customers out. My friends who have iphones tell me im getting robbed
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfishdadpalmpre View Post
    sprint and palm are wearing the customers out. My friends who have iphones tell me im getting robbed
    Unless your friends have iphones with Sprint, they're getting robbed. Compare your plan with theirs. Compare your dropped calls with theirs.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    cant wait for the new utility app! Go jason
    thanks jason !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    I am hoping this utility will fix my app catalog. It went haywire w/ 1.3.5 as I had a fantom patch installed that would not remove.

My app catalog still shows BETA and the icons for the apps are gone
    have you tried a partial erase ? that is a known fix for this issue.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    My Pre downloaded and installed the WebOS Update on its own. Said it would install on next charge. I had patches installed and was waiting to install till I removed them. When I got home and plugged in to my computer to uninstall the patches the update installed. Now on WebOS Quick install none of the patches show up as on my phone, I tried to install them again and it says they are already on my phone. Any idea how to correct this issue? Will this utility (when updated) correct it? Thanks.
    pjjohn73 Thank you so very much for your detailed reply. I wish I were a better coder and had time to personally help. Anything I can do, just ask.

As for a quick update - I did a partial erase. As you said the Apps I bought were reinstalled, but it did take a while to get my settings back to normal (before even dealing with the tweaks), however now my phone mostly works and the battery life has returned to a very good level.

I will wait for the newest version and as soon as I get it, I will donate some $$$ for it if I can.

I was able to run the old quickinstall to get some things working, but still have some minor issues which will surely be resolved with the latest version.

Summary: Partial erase as per the directions, then reentering my palm account info allowed Palm to restore most things, but, I had to re-enter all my passwords, and redo my configuration. Then I let my Google e-mail/calendar/contacts resync (took a while over EVDO). Then I was able to worry about the mods/customizations.

As a quick note: When I did the partial erase, Palm did NOT restore configurations like ringtone settings, or other options, and my call log and conversations got wiped too. I wonder if using Missing Sync would have saved those. Other than that the non-tweaked stuff is pretty much back to normal without too much difficulty.

Thanks again,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    Any news/updates on a version compatible with 1.3.5.1???

I desperately need it, I really REALLY jacked up some patching stuff, and I have never doctored my phone ever since I got it in June(still on my first pre!!!).

What this guy said... im out of luck until this comes out....
    Any news on the repair utility I would love to run this on my 1.3.5.1 pre to see if anything is missed up.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    my calender has not been working since when 1.3.5 came out, been waiting on this since then..i cant open it at all, and the icon shows no date, at this point im assuming he's waiting for 1.4 to do a release
    Last edited by emulatorX; 01/09/2010 at 06:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jriggo View Post
    My Pre downloaded and installed the WebOS Update on its own. Said it would install on next charge. I had patches installed and was waiting to install till I removed them. When I got home and plugged in to my computer to uninstall the patches the update installed. Now on WebOS Quick install none of the patches show up as on my phone, I tried to install them again and it says they are already on my phone. Any idea how to correct this issue? Will this utility (when updated) correct it? Thanks.
    i had same problem. i used to use the repair utility to revert my phone back to "normal" not knowing we could run the emergency patch recovery thru webOSQI. to run the EPR thru webOSQI you need to open webOSQI. Click the little down arrow in the program underneath the +,- buttons.

select web[i think it's internals] (all)

from there you'll see the EPR patch.
    download it and run it.

it will remove all your patches. it may still show them as being active but that's only because you haven't restarted luna. i think you can or cannot here. i didn't yesterday and my phone was still showing the mm/dd/yy format at the top of the date. when 1.3.5.1 installed it didn't screw anything up.

i then reinstalled all my patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    i had same problem. i used to use the repair utility to revert my phone back to "normal" not knowing we could run the emergency patch recovery thru webOSQI. to run the EPR thru webOSQI you need to open webOSQI. Click the little down arrow in the program underneath the +,- buttons.

select web[i think it's internals] (all)

from there you'll see the EPR patch.
    download it and run it.

it will remove all your patches. it may still show them as being active but that's only because you haven't restarted luna. i think you can or cannot here. i didn't yesterday and my phone was still showing the mm/dd/yy format at the top of the date. when 1.3.5.1 installed it didn't screw anything up.

i then reinstalled all my patches.
    I did this and tried to reinstall some patches from preware and WebOSQI and I get an error saying that the patch already exists. Any ideas?
    smashclash, I did the above and restarted LUNA but still have problems with the tweaks from Preware or WebOSQI. It says I have not patches installed however when I try to install new patches it errors and says patch already there. Also, the battery % is still displayed and not the Batt ICON. Any other ideas?
    Anyway I can roll back to a previous point prior to WebOS 1.3.5.1? Anyway I can save contact lists when doing a WebOSdoctor? Thanks
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've also got 2 patches that appear to have not uninstalled completely. I've tried using WebOSQI to install them so that I could uninstall them, but I get errors on install, just like I do with Preware. Neither Preware or WebOSQI lists them as actually being installed, either.

I suppose I can live without those 2 patches for the time being, until Jason has time to update the repair utility. I really am going to try and avoid going the WebOSDoctor route...
    Quote Originally Posted by emulatorX View Post
    ...at this point im assuming he's waiting for 1.4 to do a release
    I REALLY hope this is not the case because I really REALLY need the repair utility.

Jason, can you comment on this?

Thanx