Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    where do we get webos doctor 1.1?

i thought i downloaded it from palm, but it doesn't look like it's the right version.
    You download the apropriate one for your phone.
    For Sprint, you d-load
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar and rename it to webosdoctor.jar

See:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

For Bell, you d-load http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwbellmo.jar and rename it to webosdoctor.jar.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by rlt7500; 09/23/2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Do I need to uninstall my theme before running this? I got a ton of pop ups telling me that a bunch of .png images were missing or modified. They were all related to a theme from the looks of it.
    Anyone know what this is:

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

I tried repairing it and got an error.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Great work!

I ran this twice and received the same error about ten times.

ERROR 20:address is already in use: connect

It seemed to finish, and it found several missing and modified files, but it still gives me that error everytime I run it.

Thanks.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    For those of you who wonder what this is for...Here is what we useta have to go thru to fix a hosed vk install/uninstall:

http://forums.precentral.net/1913346-post1467.html

Whilest I love this proggy and that we will need to keep updating it/testing it and using it well thru 1.2.1 as new patches come out to do kewl stuff...I really had fun brushin up on my archaic commandline unix programming and almost having to wipe my entire pre to fix it when I didn't follow directions.

Palm....listen up....we will never call support! Please DO NOT entertain the idea of trying to BLOCK our work on this way cool stuff. Leave WebOS semi-open like this!
    I want my phone to do what I want...
    so this should help with the VK issues?
    I'm getting:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/palm/
    novacom/Novacom
            at ca.canucksoftware.repairutility.NovacomConnection.<init>(NovacomConne
    ction.java:30)
            at ca.canucksoftware.repairutility.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:48)
            at ca.canucksoftware.repairutility.RepairUtility.startup(RepairUtility.j
    ava:19)
            at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.palm.novacom.Novacom
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
            ... 12 more
    When I try to run it - any ideas?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Jason,

First scan gave me this -

--user restored file.
    --user restored file.
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================

Never asked me anything?
    Second scan ran through with nothing to report...

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    This is awesome! I needed it a few days ago before doing a restore with WebOSDoctor. It might be a good idea to have an "option" to not ignore the tweaks and themes. Being able to turn this option on/off might be handy. For example this last weekend when may people were having issues with reinstalling the virtual keyboard after removing all tweaks for the v2.5 WebOSQuickInstall. After removing tweaks/patches people could not reinstall virtual keyboard through WebOSQuickInstall or Preware, an option to to not ignore tweaks might have been able to fix this. THANKS for all the hard work making wonderful applications!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm using 1.01 of the repair utility and ran three successive scans and got changes for each scan. I did get the ERROR 20: Address is already in use: connect pop up, but only before an MD5 doesn't match error. I've attached screen shots of the two pop ups and here is the result of my 3 scans.

File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/recurrence-warning.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/palm-notification-button-affirmative.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/menu-icon-clock.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/palm-notification-button.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/header-icon-clock.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00248.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/app/views/end-three/end-three-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/app/views/restorecomplete/restorecomplete-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/app/controllers/localnowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/app/views/tasks/tasks-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/day/day-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.certificate/sources.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.collectlogs/sources.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/common.css
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/ODD_BG_screens_06.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00248.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/images/prefs-ringer.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/images/task-details-button.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/fr_ca/strings.json
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/es_us/views/reminder-list/reminder-list-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/palm-notification-button.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/accounts-luna-service.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/phonenumber-model.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer/tests/icon.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.updates/images/small.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.updates/app/models/downloadupdate-service.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/group-textfield-shadow.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/mv-picker/mv-list-top-fade.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/mv-picker/background-pill-focus-dark.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/alternatechars_table.json
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jason, might i suggest for the next iteration of this program that you aggregate all the fixes and have the option to checkbox or restore all in the end so that you dont have to wait around and click restore each time. something like an antivirus program.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiick program tho. thanks so much times infinity!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    This is awesome! I needed it a few days ago before doing a restore with WebOSDoctor. It might be a good idea to have an "option" to not ignore the tweaks and themes. Being able to turn this option on/off might be handy. For example this last weekend when may people were having issues with reinstalling the virtual keyboard after removing all tweaks for the v2.5 WebOSQuickInstall. After removing tweaks/patches people could not reinstall virtual keyboard through WebOSQuickInstall or Preware, an option to to not ignore tweaks might have been able to fix this. THANKS for all the hard work making wonderful applications!
    this is my exact issue... so you never fixed it? just went to the Doctor?
    this is awesome Jason... u da man!!! I just donated u for all ur great jobs !!!
    I'm running Ubuntu 9.04. Like most Linux distros, it has a pretty safe default ulimit of 1024 open files for any specific process. The WebOS Repair Utility seems to exceed this limit.

When I ran this on my phone today it scanned a whole bunch of files, then after a couple minutes I received:

Error opening file: Too many open files

I'm guessing you just forgot to close each file after reading it?

Also, it didn't gracefully recover from the error. Since it couldn't open the subsequent files it assumed they needed to be replaced and started to prompt me to replace every file it scanned after the error.

Great app though, I'll try bumping up my ulimit and see if I can try again.

-Jeremy
    Hey Jason, found something interesting that I can't figure out yet. I downloaded Webosrepairut 1.01 and scanned my Pre (still at 2.03). I was just checking to see which files were missing, modified etc. I did not replace or modify any files with the tool. It was just a search (I ignored all requests to replace missing files, etc).

After doing so, I went to WebOSquickinstall (2.03) and looked at which tweaks I actually have and none of the my tweaks are showing up as checked? The quickinstall thinks that I don't have ANY tweaks installed (all are unchecked). My Pre is fine, still working as before but not sure how to undo the tweaks using 2.03. However, using 2.53, I looked at the tweaks page with that build and 3 are showing up as checked.

Do you think my copy of 2.03 got corrupted somehow?

I'm going to find 2.03 again and download it again just to rule that out..... I'll post back in a bit.

*Edit: Got a new copy of 2.03, same behavior.

This is what I've done:

1. restarted both Pre and PC
    2. Tried a different PC
    3. tried different copy of 2.03

Is it possible that webosutil is not compatible with quickinstall 2.03 or did it clear something that allows the Pre to see what is "tweaked?"
    Last edited by Achill3s; 09/23/2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I wish I could connect my phone and check mine out but it is partailly bricked and I can not get it to connect to the programs.....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Before running this you may want to remove all themes. Otherwise you spend 15 minutes hitting ignore to every png that has changed. Gets annoying. Start with the default theme and save some time.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    This is awesome. If you are ever in Florida, I will serve you pie.

This is so awesome, in fact, that I'm tempted to seek out reliable ways to screw up files on my Pre, just so I can help test it out.

Does anyone know any?
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    Before running this you may want to remove all themes. Otherwise you spend 15 minutes hitting ignore to every png that has changed. Gets annoying. Start with the default theme and save some time.
    +1 thats wut happened to me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I just scanned my PRE....only three files needed to be set to default...now I'm ready for 1.2.1. Bring it on....when it's ready!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I concur! I'd like to be able to have it over-write all of my tweaks and mods. I'd like to keep my root access, but have it restore everything that has been modified for the most part part of a tweak or not.