Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1283
  1. #961  
    Yup, doctoring your phone should only get quicker and easier from here on out.
  2. #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    the fastest way is to doctor ur phone...ur usb isnt touched all ur apps including homebrew stay now...the only thing u gotta install r the services, patches, themes...imo its better than doctoring to 1.3.1 and then updating to 1.3.5
    Would WebOS Dr. allow me to get back to the default theme? Will it keep my text messages now?
  3. #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    the fastest way is to doctor ur phone...ur usb isnt touched all ur apps including homebrew stay now...the only thing u gotta install r the services, patches, themes...imo its better than doctoring to 1.3.1 and then updating to 1.3.5
    But that's the point of doctoring Max. Since the webdr leaves the homebrews, it also leaves corrupt files from the homebrews, especially if faltered during an install of a homebrew. It doesn't give you a clean wipe and a clean re-image back to factory default. You'd have to go back to a WebDr version that gives a clean wipe (not sure if Webdr 1.3.1 also leaves homebrews on the Pre).

    Evidence of this has been seen across the forum of people using Webdr 1.3.5 and still having ghost patches, hunk errors, etc. Sadly, it happened to me. My cord got accidentally pulled from the PC while installing the iphone spoof. Had to Webdr it because my Pre wouldnt get past the boot-up logo. However, most of my patches remained after I used Webdr 1.3.5 which resulted in hunk errors all over the place and my Pre is still behaving erratically after a Webdr 1.3.5 visit.

    This is where the repair utility should come in handy.

    I've also considered going back to 1.2.1 to get a clean re-image and starting over from there (updating through the versions until I get to the current one, 1.3.5.1).
    Last edited by Achill3s; 01/05/2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4. Spazo's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by realhiphop View Post
    Would WebOS Dr. allow me to get back to the default theme? Will it keep my text messages now?
    I would also like to know this.
  5.    #965  
    1.3.5-compatible webos repair utility will ready soon, sorry about the wait
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by realhiphop View Post
    Would WebOS Dr. allow me to get back to the default theme? Will it keep my text messages now?
    What do you mean "default theme?" And no, it will not save your text messages. Those still get wiped clean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    I would also like to know this.
    I didn't have a theme installed on my Pre. I'm not sure how the 1.3.5 Webdr affects themes. What I do know is that after I used 1.3.5 Webdr, it left some patches/mods on my Pre which resulted in a bit of chaos (hunk errors, ghost patches, etc). Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7. #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    What do you mean "default theme?" And no, it will not save your text messages. Those still get wiped clean.



    I didn't have a theme installed on my Pre. I'm not sure how the 1.3.5 Webdr affects themes. What I do know is that after I used 1.3.5 Webdr, it left some patches/mods on my Pre which resulted in a bit of chaos (hunk errors, ghost patches, etc). Lol
    I had the same issue with 1.3.5 doctor.. The first I did was run the doctor after that , there is some leftovers of homebrews and patches, to clean all the leftovers I try partial erase ... And this did the job of clean my phone of the leftovers.. After that I update to 1.3.5.1 and installed preware without a problem, also homebrews apps and patches all of them without a problem!
  8. #968  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I had the same issue with 1.3.5 doctor.. The first I did was run the doctor after that , there is some leftovers of homebrews and patches, to clean all the leftovers I try partial erase ... And this did the job of clean my phone of the leftovers.. After that I update to 1.3.5.1 and installed preware without a problem, also homebrews apps and patches all of them without a problem!
    Partial erase. *sigh

    I completely forgot about that option. Fail on my part. Lol

    Thanks for the reminder!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9. #969  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    But that's the point of doctoring Max. Since the webdr leaves the homebrews, it also leaves corrupt files from the homebrews, especially if faltered during an install of a homebrew. It doesn't give you a clean wipe and a clean re-image back to factory default. You'd have to go back to a WebDr version that gives a clean wipe (not sure if Webdr 1.3.1 also leaves homebrews on the Pre).

    Evidence of this has been seen across the forum of people using Webdr 1.3.5 and still having ghost patches, hunk errors, etc. Sadly, it happened to me. My cord got accidentally pulled from the PC while installing the iphone spoof. Had to Webdr it because my Pre wouldnt get past the boot-up logo. However, most of my patches remained after I used Webdr 1.3.5 which resulted in hunk errors all over the place and my Pre is still behaving erratically after a Webdr 1.3.5 visit.

    This is where the repair utility should come in handy.

    I've also considered going back to 1.2.1 to get a clean re-image and starting over from there (updating through the versions until I get to the current one, 1.3.5.1).
    seems like too much of a hassle...my phone has been working gr8 doctoring specifically to 1.3.5 so i have no problems
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10. #970  
    oh yeah, huge hassle for sure! Lol I forgot about a partial erase though. Gonna do that now to see if that helps.
  11. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    oh yeah, huge hassle for sure! Lol I forgot about a partial erase though. Gonna do that now to see if that helps.
    I did the full erase, then webos doctor to get a clean start as I also had a lot of ghost files and such, couldn't ssh anymore for some reason (seems to happen with almost every update...) still having problems with it actually...
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  12. #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    1.3.5-compatible webos repair utility will ready soon, sorry about the wait
    thanks, jason! but just a quick question. if i already updated to 1.3.5.1 for the exchange calendar fix, will the 1.3.5 webos repair update still work okay with it, since it is technically a newer version of webos (though obviously not a full blown update)?

    *first post btw, lol.
    Last edited by kumquatsrus; 01/05/2010 at 03:10 PM.
  13. damarble's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #973  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    1.3.5-compatible webos repair utility will ready soon, sorry about the wait
    Awesome! But when you say soon, is that "hours" "tomorrow" or "next week"? I need to bring my Pre to default asap and I'll just use the doctor if it's going to be more than a day.

    Thanks!
  14. #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've also considered going back to 1.2.1 to get a clean re-image and starting over from there (updating through the versions until I get to the current one, 1.3.5.1).
    I'm sure why you'd do that... because you can't make each successive webos version jump from that point. If you Doctor with 1.2.1... it will download all patches to get you to latest version (1.3.5) in one jump.
  15. #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    oh yeah, huge hassle for sure! Lol I forgot about a partial erase though. Gonna do that now to see if that helps.
    for me doctoring directly to 1.3.5 has been perfect...my phone hasn't slowed down one bit and its been all good....waste of time to go to 1.2.1 and forward but you can do it to see how fun that is
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. #976  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I'm sure why you'd do that... because you can't make each successive webos version jump from that point. If you Doctor with 1.2.1... it will download all patches to get you to latest version (1.3.5) in one jump.
    Actually, yes you're correct. I'd only have to go one step up after 1.2.1.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    for me doctoring directly to 1.3.5 has been perfect...my phone hasn't slowed down one bit and its been all good....waste of time to go to 1.2.1 and forward but you can do it to see how fun that is
    1.2.1 is the last version of Webdr that will give you a clean image. 1.3.1 and greater leave homebrews and apps (along with some patches/mods) on your phone. However, I forgot about the partial/full erase options from the phone so I don't think I'd have to go back to 1.2.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  17. #977  
    so what your saying is you would have to do a full erase before a 1.3.5 Dr? Just running 1.3.5 does not get rid of left overs?
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 01/06/2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  18. #978  
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    so what your saying is you would have to do a full erase before a 1.3.5 Dr? Just running 1.3.5 does not get rid of left overs?

    That's what most are doing now. Since 1.3.5 doesn't touch apps (or homebrew apps), a full erase might be best. Just make sure to save whatever you want from your USB side (Pics, data, etc) and save them to your PC before you do the full erase.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. #979  
    Do NOT run this on Web OS 1.3.5, it kills your PreWare.
  20. #980  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiernan7 View Post
    Do NOT run this on Web OS 1.3.5, it kills your PreWare.
    Do not run what on WebOS 1.3.5?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions