Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1283
  1. #941  
    No rush, but do you have any idea when the new version will be out? also what do the other functions under options do?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  2. #942  
    I wish I saw this sooner. My pre is "over pimped", I have several issues that are pushing towards a complete restart, hopefully this will let me keep my current setup.

    Unfortunately I've already upgraded (hoping some of my issues would go away), but obviously Palm can't keep up with Jason!
    Larry
  3. Slosh01's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Go to this web site

    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    and put the file that you need in the same directory where you have the WebOs Repair Utility installed. The when it ask you to load the file click on the above file that you downloaded. For Sprint Palm Pre ver 1.3.1 the file would be
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar

    They do not have one yet for Version 1.3.5
    thanks for the link; I've bookmarked it for future reference. Now I'm waiting on an updated version of Repair that is compatible with DR v 1.3.5
  4. #944  
    I started the WebOS Repair Utility and it ran fine for about 15 seconds, checking files and such, and then it got to "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/search-bing.png" and it just hung there.

    My phone really wants to install 1.3.5, I'm trying to verify that everything's in proper order before it does so!
  5. #945  
    OK, the thing had totally hung, I mean it was dead. So I had to "End Process" on the javaw.exe process to kill it. Then I tried running again -- this time it paused on the same file, search-bing.png, but after about 10 seconds it continued on. Another few seconds later, it encountered "search-twitter.png" -- and now its hung again. I'll try ending process and restarting, but even if that does get further, this is going to take HOURS!!
  6. #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by creatorbri View Post
    OK, the thing had totally hung, I mean it was dead. So I had to "End Process" on the javaw.exe process to kill it. Then I tried running again -- this time it paused on the same file, search-bing.png, but after about 10 seconds it continued on. Another few seconds later, it encountered "search-twitter.png" -- and now its hung again. I'll try ending process and restarting, but even if that does get further, this is going to take HOURS!!
    ... aaand, it seems to be hanging on search-bing.png again.
  7. bobwill's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #947  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slosh01 View Post
    thanks for the link; I've bookmarked it for future reference. Now I'm waiting on an updated version of Repair that is compatible with DR v 1.3.5

    Version for 1.3.5 is now available.......
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
  8. #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Version for 1.3.5 is now available.......
    Is it available via the download link? I didn't see anything updated in the changelog, so I wasn't sure. Thanks.
  9. #949  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Version for 1.3.5 is now available.......
    The WebOS Repair Utility file from page 1 still has a date created showing as 9/30/09,
    so when you say
    "Version for 1.3.5 is now available....... ",
    you can't be refering to the WebOS Repair Utility.
  10. #950  
    the repair utility is not working with 1.3.5 yet ... Jason need to update to work with 1.3.5 so dont try to use it is going to mess your phone !!!!!
  11. #951  
    I installed the new web os doctor for 1.3.5 and it does not work for my pre. A d.o.s window pops up and it say's service removed novacom??? WTH = What The Heck!
  12. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Version for 1.3.5 is now available.......

    I believe that you are confusing WebOsRepairUtility 1.8 from Jason (currently only compatible with WebOs 1.3.1 & 1.3.2) with WebOsDoctor from Sprint (now available for WebOs 1.3.5) - they are 2 completely different utilities.
    Steve
  13. #953  
    I can't wait for this. I tired the "change the font color patch" for the sprint navigator and it wont remove from my phone I can't see the text in the results page bow in the navigator. Thanks for making something like this...
  14. bobwill's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #954  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgallaher View Post
    The WebOS Repair Utility file from page 1 still has a date created showing as 9/30/09,
    so when you say
    "Version for 1.3.5 is now available....... ",
    you can't be refering to the WebOS Repair Utility.
    Sorry, I was not clear bout my Statement. I meant the WebOs Doctor File for the Sprint Palm Pre is available.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
  15. #955  
    Yeah, i was going to wait until the repair utility and some of the apps were better adjusted for the 1.3.5, but my phone beat me to the punch. T_T
  16. #956  
    Since every version is locked to a specific version of the WebOS... Can we get links to the older versions of the WebOS Repair Utility? I need to repair WebOS 1.2.1 and need v1.6 of the Repair Utility but I only see v1.4 attached to this thread but no other version except the latest in the first post.

    Ultimately, it would be great if future versions can incorporate the previous versions, i.e. "only compatible up to WebOS v1.3.5 (Sprint Pre/Pixi) and v1.3.1 (Bell/GSM Pre)" Just an idea...

    Otherwise just a link to the other version would be great!!!

    Thanks!!
  17. #957  
    Jason, any idea what the ETA is for a 1.3.5 compatable version? I know you're busy with several patches, but my Pre's in a bad place. On a related note, if I run the current version of the Repair Utility, would it effectively downgrade my WebOS to 1.3.1?
  18. #958  
    wow, if it isnt one thing its the other lol, last time the DOCTOR took a while to be released by palm , this time the compatible repair utility is delayed, thanks to jason enjoying his new year and holidays, back to work Jase!
  19. #959  
    Guys for those you of who can't wait, you can always WebDr to 1.3.1, use the repair utility 1.8 (which is for 1.3.1) and then update to 1.3.5 WebOS. I know it's the long way around but it will work if you really need the repair utility.

    Just remember though: Don't update to 1.3.5 until AFTER you use the repair utility in for 1.3.1 using repair utility 1.8.

    Just another option.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  20. #960  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Guys for those you of who can't wait, you can always WebDr to 1.3.1, use the repair utility 1.8 (which is for 1.3.1) and then update to 1.3.5 WebOS. I know it's the long way around but it will work if you really need the repair utility.

    Just remember though: Don't update to 1.3.5 until AFTER you use the repair utility in for 1.3.1 using repair utility 1.8.

    Just another option.
    the fastest way is to doctor ur phone...ur usb isnt touched all ur apps including homebrew stay now...the only thing u gotta install r the services, patches, themes...imo its better than doctoring to 1.3.1 and then updating to 1.3.5
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions