Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    Does this work with Mac?

I am getting "No device detected".
    Yes, it works on the Mac. I've used it before. Make sure you cable hasn't gone bad.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    Yes, it works on the Mac. I've used it before. Make sure you cable hasn't gone bad.
    I don't think it's the cable. I can use it to charge and for USB mode.

I am getting the same error with Windows XP Pro.

I wonder if I have to uninstall the developer kit.

What mode should the Pre be in; USB or just charge?

UPDATE: I should have read the first post more carefully. I did not have dev mode enabled.

It seems to be working (?), but it's telling me that I am missing lot of the images and I am pretty sure I have them since I do see them.

I am also getting Error 5 when trying to restore.
    Last edited by jonsdad; 12/23/2009 at 09:13 PM.
    I have an O2 GSM Pre with original WebOS 1.1.3. I bought it used from a Brit seller.
    I unlocked it with a Rebel Simcard (Rebel Simcard Unlock Phones without Cables and Software and No Loss of Warranty) to use it with provider Claro in Chile. Then with Palm Support chat I managed to boot it and upgrade to WebOs 1.3.1.

As everything was okay, I decided to install Preware. Then I changed theme to Red and Black.
    Than again I uninstalled that theme back to original theme.
    But then the screen started to freeze.
    For several trials, I reseted my Pre, and the first 15 minutes the screen worked normally, but lasted freezing and I only can use the keyboard.
    Now I try to recharge WebOS, but after running WebOS Doctor, the download ends at 52 - 54 % .
    At this moment, I reset the Pre, and it ends with the language initial menu, but since the screen is frozen, nothing can be done.

My several trials with WebOSRepairUtility (after each WebOS failure) have been unsuccessful because after two hours, I aborted them before their end...

Since I can't have my Pre with DevMode enabled and connected in "Just Charge" before running WebOSRepairUtility.jar, ┐how can I escape from this nightmare..?
    im getting error 5 for everything aswell. o2 gsm 1.3.1 here
    [QUOTE=enrconc;2105456]
    My several trials with WebOSRepairUtility (after each WebOS failure) have been unsuccessful because after two hours, I aborted them before their end...

Now just before Chritmas, I tried to end the process, after each "Error 5", and despite not having ended completely, the Pre STARTED NORMALLY, I could install my settings, and the screen responded as usual. I was very happy.

But then, thinking that a complete (deep) reset would be better, I resetted the Pre, and now I am in the same stage as in my former post... no screen reaction.

So, I'm doing COMPLETELY the WOSRU, accepting each of the "Error 5"... I believe now I will succeed.
    Jason,
    What's the meaning of :

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/it_it/views/preferences/preferences-scene.html
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/it_it/views/preferences/preferences-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

Why WOSRU scans that file, and then doesnt find it in WebOSDoctor.?? It is suposed that starting WOSRU loads WebOSD
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    New version is out: 1.8

Download link

v1.8 - December 15, 09
    - Fixed the notorious "Error 3" and "Error 5"
    - Added Pixi 1.3.2 support
    - Added GSM Pre 1.3.1 support
    - Fixed bug causing scans of backups of backups
    - Fixed various other minor bugs
    I am runnings WebOs 1.3.1 and WebOSRepair Utility Ver 1.8. I am having a problem getting on the Sprint network so I tried to run the Repair Utility. It started out finding files to restore and did perform successfully. Then It started to get a "Error 5" message on every file that it was processing. I have a piece of software that automatically will click the "OK" button on the error message when it appear. I let it run for 6 Hours and it never did complete. I quit. What is my next step??? Also, what is an "Error 5" suppose to represent???
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetneas View Post
    This is my problem as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    WEB OS Repair not recognizing the WebOS Dr!!!!!

Many of us have tried all versions of the web OS DR posted on your link and the and the Sprint web site to no avail. Web OS repair doesn't recognize them. Even redownloaded the WebOS Repair progrm several times. This is not a single isolated issue. Others are reporting same problem. Can you check out for possible bug
    I had this problem too, and finally just renamed the .jar file to just "webosdoctor.jar" and then it recognized it. Of course, now I'm getting the ERROR 5 that seems to be common, but hey, baby steps!
    W.T.F everytime i try to open WebOS Repair Utility it askes me to look for WebOS Doctor which i click on and than it says
    ERROR: The file does not correspond a valid webOS Doctor file for the verison of your phone or sumthing like that ....
    I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I am runnings WebOs 1.3.1 and WebOSRepair Utility Ver 1.8. I am having a problem getting on the Sprint network so I tried to run the Repair Utility. It started out finding files to restore and did perform successfully. Then It started to get a "Error 5" message on every file that it was processing. I have a piece of software that automatically will click the "OK" button on the error message when it appear. I let it run for 6 Hours and it never did complete. I quit. What is my next step??? Also, what is an "Error 5" suppose to represent???
    I was getting the "Error 5" message and I canceled WebOSRepair Utility, reloaded and tried again and it worked fine after that.
    any chances that you will be able to update this anytime soon? I had a patch go wrong (the 5x5 icon patch) and it has made a couple of the built in icons in the launcher go blank.

BTW jason, why not have it calculate the MD5 sums on the fly from the image in webosdoctor? would it be too slow?
    now that I think about it, I know it will be a few days before WOSRepair can be updated... the Doctor isn't out yet... DUH!
    [QUOTE=enrconc;2106928]
    Quote Originally Posted by enrconc View Post

Now just before Christmas, I tried to end the process, after each "Error 5", and despite not having ended completely, the Pre STARTED NORMALLY, I could install my settings, and the screen responded as usual. I was very happy.

But then, thinking that a complete (deep) reset would be better, I resetted the Pre, and now I am in the same stage as in my former post... no screen reaction.

So, I'm doing COMPLETELY the WOSRU, accepting each of the "Error 5"... I believe now I will succeed.
    No way to perform WOSRU without being connected via USB... I completed more than 24 hours of punching Accept for every Error 5...
    So I tried to run several times WOSDoctor, going just to 54%.. "We could not...", and starting again after each aborted trial..
    Once I got the Pre to work for a while, I went to Dev.Mode put it ON, and then as screen forze again, I connected USB pressing Orange+Sym+U...
    Got it...then I started WOSRU, and bingo! I managed to see it working properly for my first time..
    I got the complete scan in some 25 minutes. The Pre reseted and started as normally... I connected my account.. etc.. but then I slided the Pre to close it... and AGAIN FROZEN SCREEN.
    Now I'm suspecting something is wrong at some ribbon connector inside, so I'm preparing to open the Pre to the guts (as in Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit) I will use iFixit teardown as a guide, the only one I know ... I don't know what else to do.

Help..!!
    I haven't gone back to read your other posts, but it may just be a loose battery. Freezing when sliding the screen closed was a big issue for many of us who got our Pre's back in June when they came out. I'd try placing a bit of index card behind the battery to improve the connection before tearing the phone apart.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballarome View Post
    W.T.F everytime i try to open WebOS Repair Utility it askes me to look for WebOS Doctor which i click on and than it says
    ERROR: The file does not correspond a valid webOS Doctor file for the verison of your phone or sumthing like that ....
    I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    Go to this web site

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

and put the file that you need in the same directory where you have the WebOs Repair Utility installed. The when it ask you to load the file click on the above file that you downloaded. For Sprint Palm Pre ver 1.3.1 the file would be
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar

They do not have one yet for Version 1.3.5
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    The Doc View, Sprint, and Clock icons are messed up in my launcher. What do I type into Repair utility to fix them?
    Thanks
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    my calender is just completely broken, when i tap on it nothing happens, its the just the ICON with no date on it.. I think it broke installing themes, i ran EPR and all, but still nothing, im hoping the REPAIR thing will fix it, patiently ( not) waiting on the new doctor and Repair utility.
    The doctor came out. Looking forward to the new update for the RU since I had the backup of backups issue. I know my baby needs some lovin' from the doctor but well. You know.
    I'm right there with ya!

Just downloaded the doc, but am wishing for the Repair Utility!!

Love ya Jason!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    JASON..JASON..JASON!!, Im a pimp, ill hook u up with all my hookers

j/k lol