Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Ever since WebOS 1.31, WOSRU falsely reports files are missing or checksum errors. Scans used to take about 40 minutes & now only 9. I wonder if the speed affects certain computers, as my singe core vista computer scans with no issues, but my XP SP2dual core, which worked on WebOS 1.21, (slower scan rate), now always fails on about 30 files, which seem to be random. Never had Error 3 & 5.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I haven't read through this thread, so please feel free to redirect me if it's already been discussed (I did search).
    When I try to run the repair utility, it asks for WebOSDr. I direct it to the one that I downloaded; WOSRU tells me that it isn't correct for my version of WebOS.
    I went to Palm and got the latest Sprint utility, but it's a file that doesn't look at all like the jar file. It's called webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jnlp. I assume that's a link to a file that the Java installer put somewhere on my HD, but I can't find it.
    Anyone tell me where to get the most recent version or WebOSDr that will work with the Repair Utility and 1.3.1?
    Thanks.
    This is my problem as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetneas View Post
    This is my problem as well.
    WebOS Internals maintains links to various WebOS Doctor files here.
    Scan repair does not work for me :
    I keep having ERROR 5 : connection refused: connect
    did I miss something or what ?

Thanks,

Pascal.
    If you are having connection problems then open webos doctor and let it run until it says to connect the Pre. This will reinstall Novacom and setup the USB path. Either do not connect the Pre or disconnect it before letting webos doctor continue to run or make changes to the Pre or your phone will be wiped. Also, when you download webos repair put it in a folder separate from any other files except webos doctor. The first time you run the repair program it will create a log file and a .tar file. These are necessary so you don't get the errors.
  6.    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I haven't read through this thread, so please feel free to redirect me if it's already been discussed (I did search).
    When I try to run the repair utility, it asks for WebOSDr. I direct it to the one that I downloaded; WOSRU tells me that it isn't correct for my version of WebOS.
    I went to Palm and got the latest Sprint utility, but it's a file that doesn't look at all like the jar file. It's called webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jnlp. I assume that's a link to a file that the Java installer put somewhere on my HD, but I can't find it.
    Anyone tell me where to get the most recent version or WebOSDr that will work with the Repair Utility and 1.3.1?
    Thanks.
    Inside WebOS Repair Utility, you can go Tools->Download Current WebOSDoctor and that will download the most current webOSDoctor
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i am trying to d/l the repair utility but the download button says "attack site" when it directs to the site???? anyone else?
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    i am trying to d/l the repair utility but the download button says "attack site" when it directs to the site???? anyone else?
    That's just cause FileBin.ca is a generic file hosting website, bound to be some bad files uploaded. But don't worry, the Repair Utility url is a direct download link to the Repair Utility, so no chance you'll get something bad
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Great! Thanks so much
    Tried using the utility for the first time tonight, figured I'd post my results.

From what I could tell (I'm no techie), I was getting Error 22(WebOStar.gz The system cannot find the file specified) first, then upon clicking OK, I'd get Error 5 (Connection refused: connect), upon clicking OK to that, it would move to the next file and start the process over, exactly the same.

Clicked through all the OK's for about 20 min or so, then just unhooked the USB cable from my laptop. Pretty sure it was doing this for every single file.

Also, after unhooking the USB cable, I was still able to keep clicking OK and it was continuing through the process, even w/o the phone hooked up via USB.

So, I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, and my phone still works fine after unplugging, no noticeable effect at all, yet.

For what it's worth, I'm running windows vista, have a couple patches installed and no themes. I downloaded the latest Repair Utility and WebOSDoctor files about a half hour before I posted this. I was using these latest versions.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? If not, thanks for all your hard work anyway Jason, and hopefully my experiences being posted here will help you or someone else.

-Jeff
    Last edited by jrhodgebot; 12/20/2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Clarification point
    So you *weren't* using the latest versions of WebOS Doctor and Repair Utility, before?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    So you *weren't* using the latest versions of WebOS Doctor and Repair Utility, before?

No, I was. Edited post to make this more clear.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I ended up running the WebOS Doctor and decided not to use this utility again. The cool thing was that all my files, including pics, ringtones, and videos, were restored with my backup. The only difference were the replacement of the Pre wallpapers I had deleted. Does anyone know if backups now include pics, ringtones, and videos or was this a fluke?
    I came in here to post that I was also getting the Error 3 + Error 5 messages for EVERY file it seems like. I downloaded the update (1.8) posted a few pages back, and now I'm just getting an Error 5 for what seems like every file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I ended up running the WebOS Doctor and decided not to use this utility again. The cool thing was that all my files, including pics, ringtones, and videos, were restored with my backup. The only difference were the replacement of the Pre wallpapers I had deleted. Does anyone know if backups now include pics, ringtones, and videos or was this a fluke?
    I read that since 1.3.1, Doctoring the Pre no longer touches the usb partition. (I don't know if that means that dialing things back to a previous update, like 1.2.x, would change the partition or not.)

I wondered why I didn't hear people going on about this on the PalmCast. It seemed like a big deal, to me.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Am I correct in my understanding that this utility does not work in palm's emergency repair USB mode? That mode appears to be designed to work with webOSdoctor, so I'm surprised to have WebOSRepair freezing when I try to start it while connected to my pre in this mode.

Thanks for the utility; I hope it can save me from myself.
    I have a patched GSM 1.3.1 Pre. I tried the Repair Utility 1.8 and it found a lot of changed and missing files. I checked for the "missing" files over ssh and none of them is missing. Then I tried the diff of the "changed" files and it didn't display anything. When I open the diff for one my manually changed files it pops up an error message and displays the diff output.

When I launched the Repair Utility again it popped up for other files, and told me that they are missing or changed. So I enabled "Verbose Logging" and I recognized that the "Found md5sum:" is "null". So it seems that something is not working correctly.
    Because I have a dual core processor, I tried to run the Utility on a single core only. Now I got no "null" values any more, but the Util reported different hashed where the log displayed completely identical hashes. The diff is empty again. Some false "missing" too.

So what is going on with the program. What am I doing wrong? Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    BTW, if your corp firewall still blocks, you can download the file to your pre, connect via usb and move the file from the downloads folder...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    This is what it came up with after running RU. Is this right?

Modified file found: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/es_us/views/pbapalert/pbapalert-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/header-split.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/day-event-drag-red.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/header-background-9tile-week.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.certificate/images/cert_icon.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.certificate/resources/es_us/views/list/list-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/manualanalog/images/minute.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/digital/images/digit-9.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/resources/es_us/views/ring/ring-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/es_us/views/passwordchanged/password-info.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/es_us/views/choosetransport/choosetransport-scene.html
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/icon.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/views/list/certlist-item.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.dataimport/icon.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/empty-down.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/three.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/star-empty.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/top-page-fade.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/icon-accept.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/sim_card_instructions_3.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00239.png
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/ripple/ripple_00360.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.location/images/header-icon-location.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.maps/index.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/resources/es_us/views/listview/listview-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/resources/es_us/views/chatview/parts.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/common/loader.html
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/now-playing-arrow.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/menu-icon-music-repeat-one.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/button-silence.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-bottom.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/button-notification-affirmative.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundMsl-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dashannounce-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/images/pincode/four.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/images/firstuse/glass-fade-bottom.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/index.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es_us/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/stylesheets/screenlock.css
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.updates/app/views/list/list-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/resources/it_it/appinfo.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/resources/en_pl/appinfo.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/appinfo.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/app/views/video/video-info.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/textfield-shadow-blur.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/addressing-widget-shadow.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/list-icon-add-item.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/accounts/eas-32x32.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/en_ie/alternatechars_fulltable_azerty.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/en_ie/alternatechars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/pt_pt/alternatechars_table_azerty.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/pl_pl/alternatechars_table_qwertz.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/it_it/views/addr-widget/phone-entry.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/it_it/views/list/delete-item.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/es_mx/alternatechars_table_azerty.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/progress-slider/icon-content.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/formats/th.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/formats/cz.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojocore/resources/de_de/datetime_table.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-padlock-off.png
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Does this work with Mac?

I am getting "No device detected".