Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Also, add my name to the list of people getting error codes 3 and 5 when trying to restore.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I also got the 3 and 5 error code.

I figured I would try this repair utility as the battery drain on my pre since 1.3.1 is pretty bad. Also the email notifications wouldnt work unless I jump started it with a manual check. Also yahoo sync would just sync randomly for no reason (yahoo sync notification just shows up)

I have maybe 3 patches on the phone.

Seems the repair utility didnt fix the email notifications. Yahoo sync also popped up Will know later on if it helped the battery at all.

Here are is what the reapir utility found:

File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/day-event-edit-orange.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.certificate/resources/es_us/views/list/list-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/address-edit/fields.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/es_us/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/icon.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/models/systemService-luna-service.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.docviewer/app/views/slidetext/slidetext-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/stars_medium_4.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/ODD_BG_screens_01.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_big/gesture_glow_big_00241.png
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.maps/index_en_ca.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/framework_config.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/list-selector-border-image.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/genres-icon.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/default-album-art-list-view.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/sources.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundDataBrowser-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/template/phone-omadm-dialog.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/pincode-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/resources/es_us/views/fdnedit/dialog-delete.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/status-busy-dark.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/en_pl/views/webview/certwarn-dialog.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/resources/es_us/views/addr-widget/addr-widget.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/accounts/synergy-header.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/accounts/settings-login-domain.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/addr-widget/im-searchentry.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/list/divider.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/people-picker/multiline-separator.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/submenu/list.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojocore/formats/fi.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/command-resource-handlers.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/emoticons/emoticon-laugh.png
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    had to stop the utility for the day to do some coaching....came back and started it up again and so far, it is repairing more files without error codes. Maybe just stop the program if they come up and try finishing it later???

Anyone know of issues that can arrise due to stopping the app before it finishes?

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I stopped in the middle of the repair utility because it was giving me error code 3 and 5 every few seconds. After an hour of clicking continue I finally gave up. When I looked at my phone, my text messaging didn't work. When I open up a message it just comes up with a big error. Also most of my patches had been removed, however when I tried to reload them through preware, it would show an IPKG error for most of them. I tried the repair utility in the first place because I was having the problem with Yahoo just constantly updating and I was getting horrible battery.

I'm going to try repair utility one more time and just let it run all the way through. If not I guess I'll have to Doctor it.

All I know is that before 1.31 my phone was working great.
    Last edited by metroff1; 12/06/2009 at 09:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I haven't read through this thread, so please feel free to redirect me if it's already been discussed (I did search).
    When I try to run the repair utility, it asks for WebOSDr. I direct it to the one that I downloaded; WOSRU tells me that it isn't correct for my version of WebOS.
    I went to Palm and got the latest Sprint utility, but it's a file that doesn't look at all like the jar file. It's called webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jnlp. I assume that's a link to a file that the Java installer put somewhere on my HD, but I can't find it.
    Anyone tell me where to get the most recent version or WebOSDr that will work with the Repair Utility and 1.3.1?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Running version 1.72 and OS 1.3.1 I think it would be handy if a user had a way of exiting" out of the scanning process. Click the "X" close window does not work. I have to Unplug my Pre to get the scanning to fail and then I can close program.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
  7.    #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Running version 1.72 and OS 1.3.1 I think it would be handy if a user had a way of exiting" out of the scanning process. Click the "X" close window does not work. I have to Unplug my Pre to get the scanning to fail and then I can close program.
    The X should work, might take a few clicks depending where in the process it is
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Have verified a couple patches will not reload after using repair utility. Smartflex 500 seems to apparently still be installed (although not registering on Preware), virtual keyboard, SMS tone per contact, and a couple minor other patches give Error installing messages now. Will Doctor so I can be back up and running thoroughly prior to next software update, but hopefully some of these can be reviewed.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Have verified a couple patches will not reload after using repair utility. Smartflex 500 seems to apparently still be installed (although not registering on Preware), virtual keyboard, SMS tone per contact, and a couple minor other patches give Error installing messages now. Will Doctor so I can be back up and running thoroughly prior to next software update, but hopefully some of these can be reviewed.
    This is the same problem I'm having. I'm not able to get my virtual keyboard back by any means. I have gotten SMS tone per contact and many others to load.
    Per my earlier post... the link to the most recent Sprint WebOSDr file is the same one that I have... but I still get the wrong version msg. Redownloading now, just to make sure.
    I have the same issue of getting error 3 and error 5 when I try to run this. Have any fixes been found for this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2jas View Post
    ALOT

*deleted a lot of the log that was in the original posts*

ITS ALREADY TAKING TOO MUCH OF MY TIME, IS THAT NORMAL? COZ UNTIL NOW ITS STILL RUNNING IS IT OK IF I JUST DISCONNECT IT?
    I'm having the same issue. I've been running this for about two hours with no end in site. I didn't see where this question was ever answered, just told not to post the results.

Can I disconnect or will my phone be even more messed up if I do.

I also have to add that I've been repeatedly getting Error 3 and Error 5 messages, but once I hit ok, it tells me that the file has been restored.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I apologize if these have been answered before because the thread is very long:

Should I ignore all modified files because these are the patches installed on my device?

Should I restore all missing files?

I'm just not sure how to know what is a patch and what is a problem!
    Hey guys,

I tried running this repair utility for the second time today, the first being a week or two ago. The first time the ultility said that my pre was not plugged into the computer but it was. At the time i just forgot about it, but now i really need to run this program. Unfortunately it is giving me the same thing, I was wondering if you guys know how to fix this problem?

thanks
  14.    #894  
    New version is out: 1.8

Download link

v1.8 - December 15, 09
    - Fixed the notorious "Error 3" and "Error 5"
    - Added Pixi 1.3.2 support
    - Added GSM Pre 1.3.1 support
    - Fixed bug causing scans of backups of backups
    - Fixed various other minor bugs
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Download link

v1.8 - December 15, 09
    THANKS CUTIE
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Download link

v1.8 - December 15, 09

The new version is unfortunately still reporting files as modified or missing in error for me. I would paste a long log but it seems irrelevant since the log changes each time I run the scan since the same files are not detected each run. Is this an issue with the WebOS Doctor file? It would appear only some people are having this problem and others are not?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I am running Version 1.8 and I am getting Error 5 continually,but Error 3 does not show up any more.

OS 1.3.1
    Last edited by bobwill; 12/15/2009 at 10:15 AM.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Nobody bothered to answer my question, so I decided to remove all my patches and go from there. Now my phone is all messed up. I get different issues with each scan and now some apps don't load, the device restarts whenever, and the touch screen is wacky. I do get error 3 and 5, but only when I get a call, text, or email during the scan and then it continues throughout.

Why are some files not found in the WebOS Doctor? If the Repair Utility compares the 2, isn't the file already there?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I am running Version 1.8 and I am getting Error 5 continually,but Error 3 does not show up any more.

OS 1.3.1
    Same here.
    im having a problem running WOSRU on mac...any help?