Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1283
  1. #861  
    I just doctored it is restoring my profile we will see. Thanks for the help.
  2. #862  
    well, all my music, pictures, videos, and contacts all were properly restored when I doctored! The only thing is I had to reinstall preware and then all my apps and patches. I feel it is running more smooth already.
  3. #863  
    Hi,

    I'm currently running WebOS Repair Utility v1.72 on my WebOS version 1.3.1 Pre.

    I had a lot of patches installed (something like 50, I think) when the 1.3.1 update came out. I'd told my Pre not to update, but apparently, when it asked again, and I didn't respond in whatever amount of time, 'cause I was asleep, it did the update.

    So some patches continued to work, and some didn't, and I wasn't able to remove or re-install some of them.

    Over the last couple of days, I noticed that some of the videos that I have on there that used to play, no longer do. Whether that has anything to do with the incomplete updating/patching, I figured I'd at least be better off anyway just starting from a cleaner slate.

    So here I am running the Repair Utility on my phone, using the Override Compatibility option. It's just finished, but it had about 12-20 times come up with one of two error dialog boxes whose titles were either "Error 3" or "Error 5", and whose contents read "Address already in use: connect". Clicking the only button available (aside from the upper-right Close button) seemed to allow the scan to continue.

    What do those errors mean? should I be concerned about them?
  4. #864  
    Has anyone else experience this running for over 4 hours? I had the issue where text messages weren't appearing in the conversation list. However, after doing the partial erase, I noticed that I had tweaks, but neither Quick Install or Preware would allow me to uninstall the existing tweaks. So then I tried installing them; however, it failed because the files already existed.

    I decided that this utility would be able to remove patches, but I started the scan at 7am and it is now 3pm and this is still running. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming I screwed something up since most people have had success.
  5. rawspot's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #865  
    Yesterday I doctored my phone. Everything appeared to go smoothly (except I expected my /media/internal to be wiped and it was not) so this morning I decided to begin installing some patches. First one was Launcher 4x4 v3 which failed to install. So I decided to restart the phone and when it came up, the patch was applied, but when I went into Preware, it was not showing as installed.

    So I loaded up webOS Repair Utility and let it scan with compatibility mode off. The repair utility detected about 20 files as either changed or missing. I thought that was odd since my phone should have been a fresh install since I doctored it the day before and did not install any patches, tweaks, or themes since then. After the Repair Utility completed it restarted Luna and everything seemed fine but I was concerned about all the "missing" and "modified" files reported by the Repair Utility.

    For the heck of it I started up the Repair Utility again and began the scan and within 10 seconds it found another "modified" file and then found a "missing" file and after telling the Utility to replace all files I got a log of about 30 files that it assumed were missing or modified.

    This is very strange results. I don't understand why the Repair utility would think there are files modified or missing on a very recently doctored phone. To make things worse, it detected more "modified" or "missing" files immediately after being "repaired".

    I'm also getting repeated error #3 and #5 coming up during the Scan/Repair as others have reported.

    Any suggestions as to what may be causing this issue? BTW... I used the same exact webOS Doctor file to do the repair this morning as I used yesterday to doctor the phone.


    Update: So I tried the webOS Repair utility again and it is still finding files it believes are missing or modified. This time without Overriding Compatibility mode. It is detecting a lot of pictures files. On one file I selected "View Diff" and it showed the image correct from my device but in the "Factory" box it reported "Error loading file" or something to that extent. I'm starting to believe the Repair Utility is false detecting differences on my phone and possibly replacing good files with corrupt or no files. Later today I will run the webOS Repair utility from another computer to see if the problem is still there.
    Last edited by rawspot; 11/26/2009 at 09:23 AM.
  6. #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by rawspot View Post
    Yesterday I doctored my phone. Everything appeared to go smoothly (except I expected my /media/internal to be wiped and it was not) so this morning I decided to begin installing some patches. First one was Launcher 4x4 v3 which failed to install. So I decided to restart the phone and when it came up, the patch was applied, but when I went into Preware, it was not showing as installed.

    So I loaded up webOS Repair Utility and let it scan with compatibility mode off. The repair utility detected about 20 files as either changed or missing. I thought that was odd since my phone should have been a fresh install since I doctored it the day before and did not install any patches, tweaks, or themes since then. After the Repair Utility completed it restarted Luna and everything seemed fine but I was concerned about all the "missing" and "modified" files reported by the Repair Utility.

    For the heck of it I started up the Repair Utility again and began the scan and within 10 seconds it found another "modified" file and then found a "missing" file and after telling the Utility to replace all files I got a log of about 30 files that it assumed were missing or modified.

    This is very strange results. I don't understand why the Repair utility would think there are files modified or missing on a very recently doctored phone. To make things worse, it detected more "modified" or "missing" files immediately after being "repaired".

    I'm also getting repeated error #3 and #5 coming up during the Scan/Repair as others have reported.

    Any suggestions as to what may be causing this issue? BTW... I used the same exact webOS Doctor file to do the repair this morning as I used yesterday to doctor the phone.


    Update: So I tried the webOS Repair utility again and it is still finding files it believes are missing or modified. This time without Overriding Compatibility mode. It is detecting a lot of pictures files. On one file I selected "View Diff" and it showed the image correct from my device but in the "Factory" box it reported "Error loading file" or something to that extent. I'm starting to believe the Repair Utility is false detecting differences on my phone and possibly replacing good files with corrupt or no files. Later today I will run the webOS Repair utility from another computer to see if the problem is still there.

    Almost the same EXACT Thing is happening to me as well! I was going to make a post about this and then I read this one. You took the words right outa my mouth.
  7. #867  
    I have tried multiple pc's and multiple days to get this fixed but have been unable. It appears that there is some sort of glitch with 1.3.1 that causes this. This thread has many of the same complaints and I have yet to here of someone getting it fixed without doctoring.
  8. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #868  
    this wont help me....i changed the cell service name when i built a theme now i cant get it back to normal!!!

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  9. #869  
    What is the current timeline for fixing the error 3 and error 5 problem? I get them all the time on my Bell 1.3.1 on either Mac OSX or Windows XP.

    Also, there seems to be a problem with WORU identifying files as being missing, when in fact they are installed (verified with Internals). I get so many misdiagnosed problems that I just quit the program and restart. WORU seems to go about checking the files in a different order each time. Is that by design?

    Also, it seems to me WORU identifies a bunch of French language files that are missing. Is this being handled properly. Maybe I should only have the English files installed, and the missing French files in fact aren't missing?
  10. jghacker's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #870  
    Jason, I thought I should share this in case it is something you would want to look into. My "Help" on the palm pre (running webOS v1.3.1) isn't working (the links from the "Help" page on the pre result in 404 errors). I've tested it many times over the last few days, and at the same time I receive errors I test with my wife's pre and the help pages come up just fine.

    So, I tried webOS Repair Utility (have the latest along with the latest webOSdoctor file), but your Repair Utility finds no problems. There's most likely a reason for such but I would think if the files on the pre were incorrectly pointing to the wrong URL's, that would effect file specifications and therefore the Repair Utility would find it.

    Am happy to grab a few files from my phone to send you if you wish to troubleshoot. For me, I don't need the help on the pre (was just looking at it due to boredom) so I'll be waiting for the next update and see if that fixes it, instead of doctoring the phone right now. I had last doctored with webOS v1.2.1 so I'm comfortable with the process - just don't need to (in case you were wondering).

    You can PM me or reply here if you want me to send files.

    Thanks,
    Joe
  11. #871  
    So I did the software update to 1.3.1.. and now my pre is stuck in the "boot up mode" with the glowing light that says palm.. I wouldnt mind having to restore it to factory settings, but I have over 300 pictures that I took while touring the country.. (my band on the Today show, meeting the president.. etc). Is there ANY way of retrieving my photos from the phone. It wont recognize it as a usb, but Webos repair utility is able to scan it but finds nothing wrong... please help.. I wouldnt care if these pictures weren't once in a lifetime pictures...
    -H
  12. #872  
    Hmmm....Bad news. Jason, I hope you can help...

    After partially running WebOS Repair Utility (only partial because after a while I was getting false reports of missing files and Error 3 & Error 5 on every file), I rebooted my Pre. I did replace one file that was reported as modified I believe (the log said so, but I got the Error 3 & 5, so I am not sure if the file was over written) and I tried to replace others that were reported as missing (again with Errors 3 & 5 with every one). Oh, and by the way, I ran Emergency Patch Recovery first, so no patches installed (although the device menu is still formatted to contain your brightness patch, but the slot where it belongs is blank!)

    After the reboot, my Pre was responding very sluggishly. It took a long time for the wifi to become active and for a phone connection to be made. Even after many minutes, it remained sluggish. So I rebooted a couple of times, removed the battery for over an hour, and still got the same results. A few times, I only got the bright "Palm" logo at boot and it didn't boot any further.

    What is going on? Why is it running so sluggishly?

    Should I try WebOS Repair Utility again? It doesn't seem to run properly in my environment. Should I run the Doctor (I don't really want to)?
  13. #873  
    Same issue here. Error 3 and 5 on two macs now. I guess I ll try to finish it through... I hope I dont have to doctor it...
  14. #874  
    When I run WebOS Repair I get the following error over and over:

    Backup file damaged: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

    This happens for each backup file damaged message. As a result, nothing is changed. What is happening? Thanks
  15. #875  
    I wish I could show you the log. Nearly every file is like this!
  16. #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    I wish I could show you the log. Nearly every file is like this!
    My log looks like this:

    Backup file damaged: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.webosinternals.orig.webosinternals.orig
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/utilities/CharacterCounter.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig.webosinternals.orig
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Scan complete!
  17.    #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by zlyons View Post
    My log looks like this:

    Backup file damaged: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.webosinternals.orig.webosinternals.orig
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/utilities/CharacterCounter.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Backup file damaged: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig.webosinternals.orig
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Scan complete!
    k, I'll look into that
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  18. #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    k, I'll look into that
    Mine was the same, but it went through every file, saying it could not connect, then said I restored the file. After 4 hours at home, plus 5 hours at work I just doctored it.
  19. #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    Mine was the same, but it went through every file, saying it could not connect, then said I restored the file. After 4 hours at home, plus 5 hours at work I just doctored it.
    I get the same thing where it keeps telling me it cannot connect (error 3 & 5) on EACH file it tries to restore. I unplug and plug the phone back in and try again until it connects (sometimes I have to do this a bunch). Inevitably I get the connect error while trying to restore files. I also see this error occasionally in WebOS Quick Install, but not as frequently.

    I've also seen where it says files are missing from WebOS Doctor when I select the restore option, but doesn't seem as often.

    I've spent so much time unsuccessfully trying to get the WebOS Repair Utility to work that I think I'm just gonna doctor my phone as well.
  20. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #880  
    Jason, et all: Do we know if this will properly repair the patches that were recently set up to change the speed of the processor chip?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions