Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    I scanned my phone twice which it completed with no errors and I got the override compatibility check but I still can't remove the virtual keyboard or timestamp - builtin patch. I then uninstalled it with WebOS Quick Install and rebooted my pre but Preware still says the two patches is installed. I basically tried everything I could think of to remove them. Still no luck!
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    use internalz to delete any file.
    why am i having these error with the last repair utility? error 3 and 5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    why am i having these error with the last repair utility? error 3 and 5
    I was actually just having the same issue. Make sure you have USB Net in mytether turned off and disable any virus detection you are using. This worked for me at least.
    I ran the Repair Utility to see if I had any errors. I did, one in the email controller, which kept me from installing the Landscape Email patch. Now I have it back. Thanks, Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I was actually just having the same issue. Make sure you have USB Net in mytether turned off and disable any virus detection you are using. This worked for me at least.
    thanks!!!... i disable my antivirus and i dont have mytether im going to try again now !
    still having error 3 and 5 im so frustate!!!

what am i suppose to do give ok to the errors?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ever since I installed the latest OS software things haven't been the same. Thought that the WebOS Repair Utility might help me out but cannot get it to run. After I run the program it says Loading WebOSDoctor and just hangs. Anyone have any ideas on why this is?

EDIT: Saw that even newer version came out in the wee hours of this morning and am running that version and all looks good so far.
    Last edited by The Harrington; 11/21/2009 at 08:49 PM.
    I have tried the repair utility for about 5 hours now and each time I am geting the same 3 and 5 errors. I guess I will be using the DR. to start over....Bummer.
    I too am getting these errors. I installed the Rudolph theme, it all uninstalled except fot the writing at the top of the screen that should say sprint. It says rudolph and the clock is still red.
    I have run the repair utility 2 times and keep getting the errors 3 and 5.

I just got my contacts back from palm after a week and am afraid to lose them again.
    can anyone help me get rid of these leftover theme parts?
    i now ran the web os dr it still did not fix it. please help
    still errors 3 and 5 here
    Why do I get error 3 and error 5 (connection refused) when running WebOs Repair? Shouldn't this just run automatically as opposed to me OKing through the errors?
    I finally got it fixed! Had to run web dr again.

I am nervous to put preware back on my phone. Can it damage my phone for good??
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quick question:

So is WebOS RU supposed to "clean up" IPKG log error reports?

I'm having an issue with the 'Data In Device Menu" patch. It currently works but it is always in my 'updates' section of Preware. Trying to remove before attempting to update gives an IPKG error.

(Do I need to type out the 'Prerm' to properly identify this info to someone here who would know what to do?)

Also, why would patches available to install most likely give an error from the initial attempt? Had this problem with 'No Battery In Device Menu'.
    Quote Originally Posted by imcarrid View Post
    I finally got it fixed! Had to run web dr again.

I am nervous to put preware back on my phone. Can it damage my phone for good??
    Preware never makes any changes to your phone by itself - it's that packages that you install using Preware which change the phone. I think you're concerned about the webOS patches that you are installing, not Preware itself.

Homebrew cannot damage your phone for good. The webOS Doctor can always recover your phone to a pristine factory condition.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Quick question:

So is WebOS RU supposed to "clean up" IPKG log error reports?

I'm having an issue with the 'Data In Device Menu" patch. It currently works but it is always in my 'updates' section of Preware. Trying to remove before attempting to update gives an IPKG error.

(Do I need to type out the 'Prerm' to properly identify this info to someone here who would know what to do?)

Also, why would patches available to install most likely give an error from the initial attempt? Had this problem with 'No Battery In Device Menu'.
    Did you remove all patches before you updated to webOS 1.3.1 ? If not, did you run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool immediately before or immediately after updating to webOS 1.3.1 ?

If you did not, then you're going to probably need to visit the webOS Doctor ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  18.    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you remove all patches before you updated to webOS 1.3.1 ? If not, did you run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool immediately before or immediately after updating to webOS 1.3.1 ?

If you did not, then you're going to probably need to visit the webOS Doctor ...

-- Rod
    *cough* remember what thread you're in. This is exactly one of the circumstances Repair Utility should be able to handle

PS: I've figured out a possible cause of Error 3, though I'm still looking into Error 5, though it's slow goings until the Pre arrives
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    *cough* remember what thread you're in. This is exactly one of the circumstances Repair Utility should be able to handle
    Oops - you're right, of course

Actually, I suspect the original poster probably just hasn't updated the feeds in Preware after the webOS update.

-- Rod
    i run repair utility and this help me to restore the files then i go to preware download my patches again but some of them doesnt work like messaging lanscape or left side avatar so im trying to uninstall but there is errors now im running again repair utility ...should i run the doctor?

thanks!