Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    the program just restored my theme to default....
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Jason ---- you are awesome!

I was curious though...it seems that ever since I switched to WebOS Quick Installer 2.5 that when I do the messaging/email tweaks it makes it so that I can not read my messages/emails anymore.

I even tried doing the fix you put up before that required sending the 4 files to the phone and restarting. That wouldn't fix my problem so I was forced to go to the doctor.

So my question is:

If I now install those tweaks, and end up with the same problem....will this repair utility correct the problem and allow me to have those tweaks and be able to read my messages/email.

Thanks again Jason!
    so im guessing if u have a prethemer theme it will revert to default?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Nice program and just saved my **** from the text forwarding I wanted to repair. NICE!!!!
    I am just speechless!

Jason, how do you do it?

I... I... I can't begin to grasp what must go on in your head.

You are the Palm Software Development, Canadian Division.

If only the US division could keep up.

I am just going in to donate another $10 to you.

Again, my theory is that if every one of the 100,000 or so people using Jason's programs donates $10, Jason is a millionaire.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    it hangs here for me:

Scanning:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-animation.jsjsjs
    The scan looks to be going so fast that it is missing files. I just ran it a second time and it is display a ton of files that supposedly got missed in the first scan.
    After running the webOS Repair Utility, I am still getting the Character Counter error that so many other get:

I just did a full webOS Doctor over the weekend but today the webOS Repair Utility found nearly a dozen missing files and 4 had been modified. I let it correct all of them. It ran in just a few minutes. I am using the latest webOS Quick Install 2.52. I have always gotten this error with Character Counter on both an XP and a Vista computer I use.

I will run the utility again. I will post in both forums as I am not sure where to report this.

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/23/2009 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    So let me get this straight. If I understand correctly, this tool has the capability to restore a Pre to factory-like conditions without having to wipe all the customizations or the USB drive?

Jason, this is gigantic. Stupendous. Magnificent. You, sir, are worthy of platitudes beyond the conception of mere humanity. I hope Palm offers you a job upon graduation.
    Absolutely. I mean WOW.. this thing elevates the whole WebOS experience several notches on the Awesome scale. It really creates a whole new category on the Awesome scale, actually. The saying "best thing since sliced bread" is inadequate -- this the best thing since before there was bread to be sliced.

I mean f Palm hasn't already secretly extended you a job offer, I'd like to ask Palm execs lurking in these forums, Why the Heck Not??

OK, hype aside and getting down to business -- where do I donate??
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    First post after using your QuickInstall and Themer for a couple of weeks now. I have generally had great success with your work and I wanted to say thank you!

I just used your Repair Utility because my Messaging app froze. In less than 5 minutes it fixed the issue. Great great great. I will donate for all of your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    After running the webOS Repair Utility, I am still getting the Character Counter error that so many other get:

I just did a full webOS Doctor over the weekend but today the webOS Repair Utility found nearly a dozen missing files and 4 had been modified. I let it correct all of them. It ran in just a few minutes. I am using the latest webOS Quick Install 2.52. I have always gotten this error with Character Counter on both an XP and a Vista computer I use.

I will run the utility again. I will post in both forums as I am not sure where to report this.

- Craig
    latest is 2.53 but for me downloading in web browser doesnt work...gives me an error when applying the tweak
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, what about those with rooted Pre's? I was having the VK, and 4x4 issues with the newest version of WQI. I did not feel like going through the steps that someone had posted up to get the VK back. But I was wondering about this little program, so I downloaded it. I have not ran it yet, because I have a feeling it will revert my rooted areas back to default.

Jason
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Very cool, but it still didn't help me get the VK back on my Pre. I even uninstalled Preware, etc and re-installed. Still getting error messages.
    This is a super noob question, but how would I check which version my webOSdDoctor is. I just recently downloaded the latest webOS quickinstall today, so I'm assuming I should be fine to download the repair utility. Thanks again for all the awesomness you do!!
    I have run the utility 3 times with these results:
    1. 16 updates
    2. 15 updates
    3. 12 updates

The first and second time both reported this:
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/utilities/CharacterCounter.jsjsjs

Both times, I told it to repair. Not reported on the third run.

Will try again.

- Craig
    after running repair i keep getting a notification at the bottom of pre screen saying /* Copyright 2009 Palm, Inc. All rights reserved. */ If (window ==

any one else getting this?
    where do we get webos doctor 1.1?

i thought i downloaded it from palm, but it doesn't look like it's the right version.
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    where do we get webos doctor 1.1?

i thought i downloaded it from palm, but it doesn't look like it's the right version.
    you can get it from original Webos repair thread. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post

you can get it from original Webos repair thread. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    perfecto. thanks. i will be giving you a "thanks"
    Wow!! You are the man! Your must have a really big brain..lol
    Thanks!!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast