Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Sweet thank you!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Unbeliveable!! Things like this will make the Web OS the best on the Market.. Thanks again Jason just saved me a Dr. for just one file.
    While scanning using the v1.7 repair utility with WebOSDoctor 1.3.1, it seems to lose connection with my Pre. After a few minutes, it starts reporting missing files and when I try to replace the file, I get a connection error. It does this for all subsequent files. I have confirmed through novaterm that the files it is reporting as missing do, in fact, exist on my Pre. Anybody else have this happen?
    Yes..I'm seeing the disconnect issue as well...frustrating!
    Yeah that's been happening quite a bit lately. It happens in WebOS QI install as well from time to time. I'm going to try and uninstall Novacomd and then reinstall it to see if it fixes the issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hamez View Post
    While scanning using the v1.7 repair utility with WebOSDoctor 1.3.1, it seems to lose connection with my Pre. After a few minutes, it starts reporting missing files and when I try to replace the file, I get a connection error. It does this for all subsequent files. I have confirmed through novaterm that the files it is reporting as missing do, in fact, exist on my Pre. Anybody else have this happen?
    I've been having the exact same issue. I had trouble adding the patch Battery as Icon and Percent, so I wanted to run WebOSRepair Utility with the new 1.3.1 WebOSDoctor. Left it running over night and 10 hours later, I am still getting these errors:

"Error 3:

Connection refused: Connect"

or

"Error 5:

I then have to hit "OK" for it to continue (overnight I just left a book on the enter key which let it run its course, but still, its not finished.

edit: I really don't want to curse it, but wanted to let others know. I rebooted my Pre (turned DevMode off, then back on, then full reboot), then rebooted my computer as well. Now, WebOS Repair Utility is just ticking along, already a ton further than it was when I stopped it this morning after 10 hours.
    Last edited by BuffsCyclist; 11/20/2009 at 11:39 AM.
    it keep saying something about the webos doctor is not the version on my phone. And I'm sure I updated the utlit y and the webos doctor for sprint.
    I have experienced the "Connection Refused" issue a few time as well earlier today, but not at all so far in my current Repair session...

However, in my current Web)S Repair session, the problem is a little different... the 'Scanning' window was running just fine, and I had selected "Replace" for 3 or so files that did not match the 1.3.1 master file. Then, on the fourth file (not the 4th actual file, but just the fourth found to be mis-matched), I decided to select "Replace All" so that the app could just chug along without me. I went off to lunch expecting it to be done when I get back...

...on returning, I find it still working -- no connection issues, but the scanning window is showing the same file being scanned. I was assuming that WebOS Repair app was frozen and thought I'd have to end the process. So, just to test, I grab the slider on the right side of the results window to slide to the top of the window to see how many files were replaced.... a total of just 7 (6 really, see below). By doing this (moving the slider bar on the right side of the results window), I see that the scanner reactivated and continued to process files!!! I later realized that any mouse movement over the WebOS Repair window will keep the process going. So right now, I'm actively moving my mouse back and forth over the WebOS Repair app until it is finished. Hopefully, I won't be here all weekend.

Very weird -- anyone else have this issue?

On a potentially unrelated note, in my seventh mis-matched file, I received the following report:

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

How could it know that the file was modified, but not find the reference file in WebOSDoctor? -- it did not report --user restored file like the first six.

Any help on these issues is much appreciated.
    greenwayj, i had a bunch of "File[s] not found in WebOSDoctor" errors as well. Not sure if it was an error or just extra unneeded files. After rebooting and restarting the program, it finished in about 35 minutes and replaced quite a few files for me.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    it keep saying something about the webos doctor is not the version on my phone. And I'm sure I updated the utlit y and the webos doctor for sprint.
    same problem for me. "ERROR: File does not correspond a valid webOS Doctor file for the version of webOS on your device."
    Last edited by Knsnik; 11/20/2009 at 04:10 PM.
  11.    #771  
    For those getting "ERROR: File does not correspond a valid webOS Doctor file for the version of webOS on your device."

That means the webosdoctor file you selected was not the current version of webosdoctor.

For those getting other errors, please use verbose logging option, and upload the log.txt file.

I'll be investigating the issue deeper once my Pre arrives, but until then I can only test on the emulator, where currently, I get no errors
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks for the update Jason, any help with the connection refused/ file not found error? I run the program and it works for about 15 minutes, but then stops working. Is there anyway to have it START doing a check at a point in the list? i.e. to allow it to start where it stopped?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffsCyclist View Post
    I've been having the exact same issue. I had trouble adding the patch Battery as Icon and Percent, so I wanted to run WebOSRepair Utility with the new 1.3.1 WebOSDoctor. Left it running over night and 10 hours later, I am still getting these errors:

"Error 3:

or

"Error 5:

I then have to hit "OK" for it to continue (overnight I just left a book on the enter key which let it run its course, but still, its not finished.

edit: I really don't want to curse it, but wanted to let others know. I rebooted my Pre (turned DevMode off, then back on, then full reboot), then rebooted my computer as well. Now, WebOS Repair Utility is just ticking along, already a ton further than it was when I stopped it this morning after 10 hours.
    just wanted to say thanks your advice helped me also get past those error signs.
    I have a patch that can't be removed from my PRE. I tried EPR and now the Repair Utility. I even enabled overide compatibility but it won't remove the patch. Any suggestions?
    You still haven't got that pre yet?
    Jason you rock!!!!!!!

Thanks a bunch -- saved a bunch of time and headaches.
  17.    #777  
    Quote Originally Posted by sascher18 View Post
    I have a patch that can't be removed from my PRE. I tried EPR and now the Repair Utility. I even enabled overide compatibility but it won't remove the patch. Any suggestions?
    which patch is it?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    How long does it normally take to run this program?
    "SMS Tone per Contact."

It did not load properly from Preware and I can't delete it from my PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    How long does it normally take to run this program?
    depends....if u have messed up patches and theme...and u do override compatibility...could take around an hour or so
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!