Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Looks like webos doctor is up to 1.3.1 now. Help Jason!!
    great tha means the repair utility will be up soon?
    Have patience, give the man some time to do his magic!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thanks Rod.

I know Meta-Doctor is not causing my email problems, I think it is the "Replace reply all with move" patch. EPR took off everything but that patch, and I cant manually remove it either.

I just wanted to make sure I wasnt waiting for the RU for no reason if it was going to screw up my 2gb and Id have to meta-doctor again anyway to fix my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The meta-doctor currently does three things (which are now selectable in the latest version):

1) Bypass activation

Repair Utility will reverse this patch

2) Enable developer mode

Repair Utility will not touch this

3) Increase /var to 2GB

Repair Utility will not touch this

Meta-doctor has nothing to do with your email problems.

-- Rod
    sorry to ask so soon, but is anyone working on creating the new recovery utility?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yunior View Post
    sorry to ask so soon, but is anyone working on creating the new recovery utility?
    Jason is working on it. Patience is a virtue.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Reading is also a good thing to try on the forum, at least go back one page and you will almost always find your answers.
    Reading...on a forum...psh...whoever does that?! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Thanks Rod.

I know Meta-Doctor is not causing my email problems, I think it is the "Replace reply all with move" patch. EPR took off everything but that patch, and I cant manually remove it either.

I just wanted to make sure I wasnt waiting for the RU for no reason if it was going to screw up my 2gb and Id have to meta-doctor again anyway to fix my problem.
    did you look in webos QI device management to the right under applications / patches ? Webos will usually uninstall the hard to get rid of patches in my exp. . Just wandering . Also make sure you look in the apps for the patch to uninstall. Don't know why they get thrown in there but they do.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yeah, I tried that, and after doing that preware no longer thinks the patch is there...but I can't reinstall it either, something is seriously messed with the email app that's all I know.
    That's my main concern. I can't open a single e-mail. I can compose, send and receive just fine but can't open anything. Come on Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    That's my main concern. I can't open a single e-mail. I can compose, send and receive just fine but can't open anything. Come on Jason!
    i hear that web doc. now leaves personal info alone now . but im going to check up on it some more,but if its true im going to just web doc my phone. i have the email not opening as well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I would hate to take that chance. Man, either I need that backup that DrewPre is working on or wait on the Web OS Repair...*sigh*.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Thanks Rod.

That patch is most likely the issue, as it caused issues for me and others after the intial 1.3.1 realease. Once I was able to remove that patch, all functioned well. Since the patch has been fixed.... you may want to try and hunt down the person that fixed the patch (I know I have it around here somewhere), you may be able to remove or replace the portion or complete file that was causing the issue. Without doctoring or waiting for the jason to finish the 1.3.1 repair.

Just a thought, and I can confirm the issue with opening email belongs to that patch.
    Can I get that file from the SDK and replace the file that patch patches? <---sounds funny
  16.    #756  
    New version out!

v1.7 - November 19, 09
    - Fixed issue with repairing PreThemer theme and patch backups
    - Works with Pixi and GSM Pre
    - Works with 1.3.1 (Sprint/Bell/Emulator) and 1.1.3 (GSM)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hey Jason, am I correct in assuming that we'll need to download WebDr 1.3.1 for the repair utility compatibility?

Thanks for having this out so soon! Great work bro!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  18.    #758  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Hey Jason, am I correct in assuming that we'll need to download WebDr 1.3.1 for the repair utility compatibility?

Thanks for having this out so soon! Great work bro!
    yep. There's the download links in 1st post. As well, you can download the current version from within WebOS Repair Utility in the tools menu
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    thank you so much man!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    New version out!

v1.7 - November 19, 09
    - Fixed issue with repairing PreThemer theme and patch backups
    - Works with Pixi and GSM Pre
    - Works with 1.3.1 (Sprint/Bell/Emulator) and 1.1.3 (GSM)
    another great day in the palm community ! Thanks Jason!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη