Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The date is not dependent on me, but instead dependent on Palm. They need to post the 1.3.1 webOSDoctors before I can do anything.

Give 1.3.1 was privately beta tested with Bell, Sprint, and GSM together, I'm assuming the reason we're still waiting is for the gsm update to be released (being delayed for some unknown reason)
    Hey guys i have a doubt. you guys are talking that the webos doctor for 1.3.1 is not out yet. is that the same as the webos quickinstall? beacuse i was reading in this post
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v2-9-a.html
    and it says a little down where it says changelog updated 11/15/09 that is is compatible with update 1.3.1? does that has anything to do with webos doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by yunior View Post
    Hey guys i have a doubt. you guys are talking that the webos doctor for 1.3.1 is not out yet. is that the same as the webos quickinstall? beacuse i was reading in this post
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v2-9-a.html
    and it says a little down where it says changelog updated 11/15/09 that is is compatible with update 1.3.1? does that has anything to do with webos doctor?
    what that means is the webOS quick install is compatible with pre's with 1.3.1....but for Repair Utility to work with 1.3.1 u have t have the 1.3.1 doctor...if u choose to use RU with 1.2.1 while u have 1.3.1 ur gonna be screwed and have to doctor ur phone to 1.2.1 and then update to 1.3.1 which is a headache
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    what that means is the webOS quick install is compatible with pre's with 1.3.1....but for Repair Utility to work with 1.3.1 u have t have the 1.3.1 doctor...if u choose to use RU with 1.2.1 while u have 1.3.1 ur gonna be screwed and have to doctor ur phone to 1.2.1 and then update to 1.3.1 which is a headache
    Ok. also one question the repair utility is not the same as the EPR right?
    Ok. also one question the repair utility is not the same as the EPR right?
    Correct. They are not the same. EPR will specifically remove any patches installed. The repair utility looks for any file that has changed and overwrites it with the "clean" file from the most current webOSDoctor, hence the reason why there is no version compatible with 1.3.1. The webOSDocotor for 1.3.1 is not out yet to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Correct. They are not the same. EPR will specifically remove any patches installed. The repair utility looks for any file that has changed and overwrites it with the "clean" file from the most current webOS Doctor.
    is it possible that i used EPR and it removed the text forwarding option that came with the 1.3.1 update. because i remember i had the option when i updated the phone but i had to run EPR to erase some patches. now i dont have the text forward option
    is it possible that i used EPR and it removed the text forwarding option that came with the 1.3.1 update. because i remember i had the option when i updated the phone but i had to run EPR to erase some patches. now i dont have the text forward option
    EPR and the doctor r completely seperate
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

EPR and the doctor r completely seperate

thanks they answered that question already, but thank you very much. The second question is the one i would like to know.
    thanks they answered that question already, but thank you very much. The second question is the one i would like to know.
    EPR should take out all patches away...specifically talking about text forwarding thats already part of the 1.3.1 update so theres nothing u can do about that
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

EPR should take out all patches away...specifically talking about text forwarding thats already part of the 1.3.1 update so theres nothing u can do about that
    so the only way to recover that is by using doctor or waiting for the new repair utility?
    so the only way to recover that is by using doctor or waiting for the new repair utility?
    wut exactly ru trying to recover again?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

wut exactly ru trying to recover again?
    The text forward option that came with the 1.3.1 update i lost that option and i dont know how exactly. i suppose it was when i used the EPR to erase some other patches that got messed up.
    The text forward option that came with the 1.3.1 update i lost that option and i dont know how exactly. i suppose it was when i used the EPR to erase some other patches that got messed up.
    the text forwarding option thats comes with the 1.3.1 update? epr doesnt touch that...thats weird but if anything...dont doctor ur phone or anything bc ive been hearing issues (i have the issue too) the palm profile doesnt restore ur contacts
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

the text forwarding option thats comes with the 1.3.1 update? epr doesnt touch that...thats weird but if anything...dont doctor ur phone or anything bc ive been hearing issues (i have the issue too) the palm profile doesnt restore ur contacts
    Well i dont know what happened then i just know i dont have text forwar any more really wierd. I hope the get the new reapir utility for 1.3.1 soon
    does anyone know if RU will reverse the metadoctor operation? I did that on 1.2.1 and it stayed through the 1.3.1 update, but now my email is busted and neeed to run RU or doctor again.
    Well i dont know what happened then i just know i dont have text forwar any more really wierd. I hope the get the new reapir utility for 1.3.1 soon

Text forwarding works differently with the 1.3.1 update. You may be looking for the little forward buttons at the bottom of the screen in the messaging application (i think that's how the old patches did it).

Now you just have to tap on the message you want to forward and a little popup shows up with forwarding options.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodgebot View Post
    Text forwarding works differently with the 1.3.1 update. You may be looking for the little forward buttons at the bottom of the screen in the messaging application (i think that's how the old patches did it).

Now you just have to tap on the message you want to forward and a little popup shows up with forwarding options.
    I know how it works i got to used right after i did the update. now i tap on the message and no pupup shows up to let me forward.
    I know how it works i got to used right after i did the update. now i tap on the message and no pupup shows up to let me forward.

oops, sry!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    does anyone know if RU will reverse the metadoctor operation? I did that on 1.2.1 and it stayed through the 1.3.1 update, but now my email is busted and neeed to run RU or doctor again.
    The meta-doctor currently does three things (which are now selectable in the latest version):

1) Bypass activation

Repair Utility will reverse this patch

2) Enable developer mode

Repair Utility will not touch this

3) Increase /var to 2GB

Repair Utility will not touch this

Meta-doctor has nothing to do with your email problems.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    What would be a reason EPR will not remove a patch? I tried to install default month view on ver 1.3.1(it switched over to 1X in the process and did not install correctly) EPR removed all patches I had except this one. Anything else I can do until repair utility/webOS doctor comes out?
    Looks like webos doctor is up to 1.3.1 now. Help Jason!!