Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    i ran EPR but i forgot to uninstall my theme...i am 1.3.1...do i need to wait for this compatible utility to fix my pre? help!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    have any of you had any problems using webosdoctor?

I tried to start from scratch cuz something happened with my phone after i tried to run the new webos quick install 2.9, I clicked the ERP button by mistake and the phone tried to remove all my patches, but instead did nothing of that sort and F***ed up something. Now my phone still shows all the patches as if they are active but when I try to run the Emergency R P again it tells me there is nothign to remove. I know there is..... also if I try to install a patch agian it obviously gets denied....... The battery % after the ERP only shows the number not the percent and the battery ICON is no longer there....

Then when I run the weboddoctor on my phone the system begins doing something but then tells me the Phone Disconnected when nothing has changed from a few seconds before when it was working..... HELP!!!!!!! I know lots of you guys a PRE GENIUSs and know what's wrong. What and how can I fix it. The phone works and everything works fine but as you can tell from above everything is funky. What to do?????????

Thanks in advance for your HELP. THis is killing me!
    Did you try running WebDr from the power outlet method? Do a search on it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post

Then when I run the weboddoctor on my phone the system begins doing something but then tells me the Phone Disconnected when nothing has changed from a few seconds before when it was working..... HELP!!!!!!! I know lots of you guys a PRE GENIUSs and know what's wrong. What and how can I fix it. The phone works and everything works fine but as you can tell from above everything is funky. What to do?????????

Thanks in advance for your HELP. THis is killing me!

Refer to my sig to get webos doctor to work:

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    can someone give me a hand replacing just my messaging app? for some reason I tried to install the "new card per convo" patch and it doesn't work, but now I can't remove it via quick install or Preware I was thinking if I reverted it back to it's original state I could give it a second shot.
    I keep getting an Error 5/Error 3: Connection Refused: Connect while it scans. One comes up, I press OK, the second comes up, I press OK again then the missing file is restored, then it asks me again for the next file. D:
    I was getting the same error (Connection Refused) over and over while installing the Dallas Cowboys theme via WOSQI, and finally had to end the process through windows task manager. Once I did that, I can no longer revert back to the default theme and attempting to reinstall does no good either, it just hangs and tells me to be patient...and I'm sitting here like "define patience...".
    it wont scan, can someone help me please??
    ok, its working. i think
    Jason, will the 1.3.1 repair utility be compatible with a meta-doctored phone? In other words, if I run the utility, will I lose the 2gb /var storage?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Jason, any idea of when this will be updated for WebOS 1.3?
    I cannot view emails due to the problem with the "REPLY TO ALL" patch.
    TIA
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada View Post
    Jason, any idea of when this will be updated for WebOS 1.3?
    I cannot view emails due to the problem with the "REPLY TO ALL" patch.
    TIA
    The date is not dependent on me, but instead dependent on Palm. They need to post the 1.3.1 webOSDoctors before I can do anything.

Give 1.3.1 was privately beta tested with Bell, Sprint, and GSM together, I'm assuming the reason we're still waiting is for the gsm update to be released (being delayed for some unknown reason)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    has anyone heard when jason will be done with the update on this utility??

edit; they have not even released the web doc 1.3.1 yet my goodness what up with these people ! Gee wiz !
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 11/17/2009 at 04:23 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    read the post above yours, I can't do anything until Palm releases the 1.3.1 webos doctors
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the only way to update the Repair Utility is until palm uploads the 1.3.1 doctor
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    read the post above yours, I can't do anything until Palm releases the 1.3.1 webos doctors
    slacker...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    slacker...
    ru serious?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

he was being sarcastic lol thats all ....... at least thats how it seems ha ha...because we all know jason works his **** offf (well maybe not off) but he works really hard for us non program writing peeps and helps many more troubleshot problems . he does the works of twenty in these forums and we wouldnt want him to think we have no appreciation for what he does now would we!! i would hope not !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ru serious?
    What do you think?

I mean just because Palm hasn't released the code upon which all this is based hardly seems like a reason to just sit around.....

I mean, c'mon...what do we pay him for??
    dbtrade...

Quietly exit the building before we call the authorities.