Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    my pre is stuck at 1.2.0

Does anyone know where to get 1.2.0 docter version. I'd like to run the repair utility with the correct version.
    my pre is also stuck on 1.2.0
    when i check for updates, it says my phone is up to date. where can I get utility v1.5 for 1.2.0?
    Sounds like you have not enabled developer mode.
    I'm having this same problem. I have confirmed that the Pre IS in developer mode. The only difference is that I'm running this on a MacBook Pro.

I just downloaded this today to fix problems with the 1.2.1 update.

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance
    There's really only a couple key steps:

- Make sure Java 1.6 is installed.
    - Make sure you install Novacom to your desktop/laptop, then restart.
    - Make sure the USB port works (even if that means trying another computer).
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Will this be udpated to work with 1.3.1? I have some stubborn patches that just won't uninstall.
    If you haven't already upgraded, perhaps you could run the 1.2.1 version to remove the patches prior to the upgrade
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    If you haven't already upgraded, perhaps you could run the 1.2.1 version to remove the patches prior to the upgrade
    Already did unfortunately
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Already did unfortunately
    Try Emergency Patch Recovery available via preware. I had two patches on the wife's phone and forgot to remove. Had upgraded, tried to update the patches via Preware - no joy. Ran Emergency Patch recovery install (which just installs a script and then runs after next restart, and then deletes itself. It doesn't install a program you would look for and run manually so don't look for icon), and then was able to go back and update the two patches I needed.
    Last edited by jghacker; 11/14/2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jghacker View Post
    Try Emergency Patch Recovery available via preware. I had two patches on the wife's phone and forgot to remove. Had upgraded, tried to update the patches via Preware - no joy. Ran Emergency Patch recovery install (which just runs - doesn't install anything to run later so don't look for icon), and then was able to go back and update the two patches I needed.
    Always keep forgetting about that.
    Can we still run the 1.2.1 Repair Utility if we already upgraded WebOS to 1.3.1? Will that mess things up or will it be like downgrading to WebOS 1.2.1? Or should we just wait until the Repair Utility for 1.3.1 comes out?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    Can we still run the 1.2.1 Repair Utility if we already upgraded WebOS to 1.3.1? Will that mess things up or will it be like downgrading to WebOS 1.2.1? Or should we just wait until the Repair Utility for 1.3.1 comes out?

Repair Utility works by pulling particular files out of webOS Doctor so without the webOS Doctor file for webOS v1.3.1, the utility will work but the results wouldn't be good since you would be trying to compare webOS v1.3.1 to the files that make up webOS 1.2.1 (or whatever the latest webOS doctore file you have).
    Repair Utility works by pulling particular files out of webOS Doctor so without the webOS Doctor file for webOS v1.3.1, the utility will work but the results wouldn't be good since you would be trying to compare webOS v1.3.1 to the files that make up webOS 1.2.1 (or whatever the latest webOS doctore file you have).
    Yup, that's what I figured. I guess I'll sit tight until WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 comes out.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    Yup, that's what I figured. I guess I'll sit tight until WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 comes out.
    Just watch Jason's forum specific to webOS Repair Utility at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
  13.    #693  
    Just watch Jason's forum specific to webOS Repair Utility at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
    v1.3.1 compatible version is on the way. Workin on WOSQI first, heh.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v1.3.1 compatible version is on the way. Workin on WOSQI first, heh.
    ahh thank you i forgot to remove the message plugin app and i installed the new up update and now no yahoo for me.. the irony!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    just prior to running the repair utility i had done a full device restore from the pre menu.

my scan took about 40 minutes and these were my results ( expected since I had just done the restore)
    Scan complete!
    ==============================

But .. I need to remove my tweaks to do the update. Some tweaks were done using WebOS QI sopme via Preware.

If I go into WebOS Quick Install, nothing is checked to uncheck.

If i try to use Emergency Patch Recovery via Preware i get an error

Basically it's saying that I dont have tweaks installed and I do. I have tried reinstalling tweaks to see if that 'checks' them and I get an error when I do that too, it says it's already there.

So .. can anyone help? How do I get these tweaks out so I can get the new Pre update>
    Thank you sir.
    i'm getting an error 5 connection refused:connect any time i try to install patches with the new WOSQI
    nvm. reinstalled novacom. works fine again. thanks again jason
    WebOS Repair Utility 1.6

WebOS Repair Utility is a completely unofficial, cross-platform desktop program that will compare md5sums. In essence, it checks which file are altered or damaged and gives options like to ignore or restore directly from WebOSDoctor.

Currently only compatible with WebOS v1.2.1. Running on a different version will undoubtedly cause serious damage (possibly requiring WebOSDoctor to recover/whipe the device). This is an in-development app, so don't be surprised to see bugs.

There is absolutely no obligation to donation, just some people requested a link, plus all funds go to help keeping me developing (which as university goes by requires stricter and stricter time-management).

Usage

Be sure to save WebOSRepairUtility.jar to the same folder as WebOSDoctor. I've you've used WebOS Quick Install, you'll already have it downloaded to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar.

Also be sure to have your device with DevMode enabled and connected in "Just Charge" before running WebOSRepairUtility.jar.

Everything else is pretty self explanitory. There's 2 main functions:
    1. Scan/Repair
      • Upon clicking, you'll need to find WebOSDoctor v1.2.1. If your webosdoctor doesn't show up in the file chooser, you'll need to download the current version.
      • Then, it will proceed to do a scan of WebOS program files on your device.
      • If a file is missing from your device or a file has been altered, you're given the option to "Restore" or "Ignore"
        • "Restore" will restore the original factory file directly from WebOSDoctor and put it in place on your device.
        • "Ignore" is handy for situations where you want files left altered, like in the case of certain files with Virtual-Keyboard
    2. Restore Specific File
      • This will bring up a popup get will let you restore a specific file directly from the WebOSDoctor to device. No hassle, no mess.

Oh, and I feel I should mention, the system scan will take a long time (tests with the emulators showed it taking over 30min to complete a full scan).

Also, if you're a user of WebOS Quick Install, you get the added benefit that this will not interfere with the tweaks and will in fact help correct things if things go wrong and will even prevent some things that could go wrong. It's also PreCentral themer compatible and won't bug you about having themes installed.

Screenshot

Requirements
    • Java 1.5 or greater
    • WebOSDoctor v1.2.1
      • If you use WebOS Quick Install, chances are you have this already downloaded, and it may be v1.2 (if you're able to see it in the file chooser when using WebOSRepairUtility, then you have a valid version)
      • Sprint users can download here
      • Bell users can download here

Oh, and standard disclaimer applies; this software is provided "as is" without guarantee, and usage is at your own risk. I am in no way affiliated with Palm Inc. and this this software is completely unofficial.

Enjoy!

Changelog
    v1.6 - October 10, 09
    - Updated for v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor
    - Better first-usage handling of WebOSDoctor
    - Faster filechooser loading
    - Distinct separate md5sum lists for Sprint and Bell
    - Now properly handles the WebOS-Internals patching system
    - Wider layout
    - Now able to fully handle exiting mid-scan

v1.5 - September 30, 09
    - WebOS 1.2-compatible
    - Added option to download WebOSDoctor

v1.4 - September 28, 09
    - Internal code cleanup
    - Better handling of when a file isn't found in WebOSDoctor
    - Fixed issue that would occasionally cause error with ViewDiff

v1.31 - September 28, 09
    - Better memory management
    - Many critical bugfixes

v1.3 - September 27, 09
    - Attempted fix at keep device in tune with computer, preventing false positives and skipping files
    - Much more detailed verbose logging
    - Minor bugfix with override compatability and tweaks

v1.21 - September 24, 09
    - Fixed issue preventing launch for some

v1.2 - September 24, 09
    - Better handling of requiring webosDoctor.jar to run
    - File chooser starts in program's current folder
    - Added PreThemer themes to compatibility
    - Added "Override Compatibility" option
    - Various minor bugfixes

v1.1 - September 24, 09
    - Improved file stream handling
    - Added verbose logging option
    - Added "Restore all" button
    - Added option to see the differences between file conflicts

v1.01 - September 23, 09
    - Numerous bugfixes

v1.0 - September 23, 09
    - Initial release
    Jason, do you plan to release a 1.3.1 compatible version of the WebOS Repair Utility?

Thanks for all the awesome work you do for the Pre community.
  20.    #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by rriver3 View Post
    Jason, do you plan to release a 1.3.1 compatible version of the WebOS Repair Utility?

Thanks for all the awesome work you do for the Pre community.
    ya may want to have looked up a few posts where I said:
    v1.3.1 compatible version is on the way.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook