Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1283
  1. #661  
    I get an error when I try to run it. WebOS 1.2.1, Sprint. Tried redownloading webos doctor, but I get the following error when I try to do the scan:

    ERROR: WebOS.tar.gz (Access is denied)

    I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64, webOS quickinstall works just fine (ie I got Novacom working on Windows 7 already). Tried "unblocking" the webOS doctor file, the repair utility file, and made sure that none of the files in the folder are read-only.

    Help?!

    UPDATE:

    OK, so I don't know what the deal was. I tried making a new folder, moving the webOS doctor and repair util to a the new folder, and it works fine. Something with the permissions in that other folder. Weird...
    Last edited by rgisraelsen; 10/30/2009 at 01:57 PM.
  2. bdogg171's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #662  
    OMG I think I fried my phone.

    I ran the repair utility and it took like 5 hours...it looked like it replaced every single file.

    now when I tap the launcher button...all the icons are gone.


    The buttons on the bottom are still there, and my contacts come up and so does the calendar, but ALL rthe icons are gone...Please Help Me, I dont know what to do.
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdogg171 View Post
    OMG I think I fried my phone.

    I ran the repair utility and it took like 5 hours...it looked like it replaced every single file.

    now when I tap the launcher button...all the icons are gone.


    The buttons on the bottom are still there, and my contacts come up and so does the calendar, but ALL rthe icons are gone...Please Help Me, I dont know what to do.
    Did you reboot the device after replacing files? If not reboot. If the problem is still there can you post the log file from the scan you did with RU so we can see what stuff it did or did not do. It's possible a file didn't get replaced correctly in the launcher app and perhaps a new scan or manual replacement of one or more files in the launcher app is needed. Don't fret this can be fixed without having to wipe your device.
  4. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdogg171 View Post
    OMG I think I fried my phone.

    I ran the repair utility and it took like 5 hours...it looked like it replaced every single file.

    now when I tap the launcher button...all the icons are gone.


    The buttons on the bottom are still there, and my contacts come up and so does the calendar, but ALL rthe icons are gone...Please Help Me, I dont know what to do.
    My question would be what webos version was on your phone before the repair utility, and what version of webos doctor did you download? It almost sounds like you ran a repair with the wrong version. But I didn't think that was possible.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  5. #665  
    hi jason i was told to ask you this question if i do a webos update i know i must remove patches and themes but people are telling me different ways to remove them so whats the correct way can i do everything from my pre and not go to webos QI and if i do epr does that take care of everything and will i have to go back and install the patches again thanks
  6. #666  
    When I hit scan/repair and select WebOSDoctor it just says "ERROR: File does not correspond to a Sprint or Bell Mobility v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor"

    So I was wondering if there is a quicker way to fix this because I probably just need a WebOSDoctor update. Right now I went to tools and choose to download WebOSDoctor again, and it is going to take forever, and I'm not even sure it is gonna work.

    I have a theme that I can't get off (no longer shows up in Preware). So this is looking like the option to go with. How do I know what to repair and what to ignore?

    Thanks
    Last edited by speedygodzilla; 11/01/2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Typo
  7. #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocman00 View Post
    hi jason i was told to ask you this question if i do a webos update i know i must remove patches and themes but people are telling me different ways to remove them so whats the correct way can i do everything from my pre and not go to webos QI and if i do epr does that take care of everything and will i have to go back and install the patches again thanks
    Personally I like to have the most control over the removal process so I remove things one by one starting with the theme. Then after I remove them I scan with RU to make sure everything was removed cleanly. It's all a matter of personal preference. As long as everything is cleanly removed no customization stuff will exist to potentially cause any problems during an update.

    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    When I hit scan/repair and select WebOSDoctor it just says "ERROR: File does not correspond to a Sprint or Bell Mobility v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor"

    So I was wondering if there is a quicker way to fix this because I probably just need a WebOSDoctor update. Right now I went to tools and choose to download WebOSDoctor again, and it is going to take forever, and I'm not even sure it is gonna work.

    I have a theme that I can't get off (no longer shows up in Preware). So this is looking like the option to go with. How do I know what to repair and what to ignore?

    Thanks
    What to replace is a matter of if you have any patches applied or just the theme. If you only have the theme then it should be safe to replace everything it finds doesn't match the original file for the version of webOS installed. As for the error about webOS doctor Jason will probably have to answer that one. I've not seen that happen before.
  8. #668  
    It worked, thanks Jason your awesome. Gonna have to get back in paypal and send you a donation.

    The instructions on the first post should of include how to get rid of tweaks and themes. I figured it out as it is pretty self explanatory. I did a scan and it found nothing and I still had the theme so I looked around on the Utility and found options and clicked Override Compatibility and a pop up came warning me what it meant, so now my phone is restored without the theme or any tweaks. I figured repair all was best for me since I didn't know what files to repair or ignore.

    I was a little worried and even cussed out when the phone restarted and the background was still the theme. I quickly realize that every thing else was back to original and went into photos and change the background. LOL

    I hope there will be one for the next version of WebOS!

    There are two patches left but I think they are just part of Preware:
    Diffstat and GNU Patch in Preware.
    Don't even remember installing them, so I'm gonna leave them alone.

    Thanks Again
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #669  
    Hello Jason:

    I have also posted a different version of this over in Preware, so please forgive the cross-post. Long story short, Palm Tech support walked me through a partial erase on my phone before I had a chance to remove patches. Two different runnings (and resettings after running) of the Repair Utility later--one with override compatibility selected--and the patches are still on my phone and functioning. Only, they can't be seen by either Preware or WOSQI, and were not removed by Emergency Patch Recovery. I have the update daemon disabled, so I am not immediately worried about an update... but I wonder if I'll be forced to doctor my phone sooner or later, or if there is another way to remove the patches? A screenshot of the patches I have installed (from before the partial erase) is attached, in case that info helps in any way. Thanks for any assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. twiktor's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    #670  
    I can't even get the repair utility to work for me. It will start fine but it will always freeze up fairly quick. Then the only way to restart it is to bring up task manager/process explorer kill anything java I see running. .png filles are often what itt hangs on.
  11. #671  
    Can anyone help?

    i had the red-and-black theme on my phone, installed via QI. I tried removing it and it didn't work..even though QI thought I had - when I went to the themer it said I already had the stock theme on there, even though it was still pretty much 100% the custom red/black theme.

    Tried installing a new theme, no luck
    Tried running this repair utility - it found about 15 differences and I restored them all, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

    I really don't want to OS doctor this thing - any more ideas???

    edit: Found the option to toggle theme compatibility. Giving that a whirl and looks like it is working (in progress)
    Last edited by Shane112358; 11/03/2009 at 02:29 PM.
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    Can anyone help?

    i had the red-and-black theme on my phone, installed via QI. I tried removing it and it didn't work..even though QI thought I had - when I went to the themer it said I already had the stock theme on there, even though it was still pretty much 100% the custom red/black theme.

    Tried installing a new theme, no luck
    Tried running this repair utility - it found about 15 differences and I restored them all, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

    I really don't want to OS doctor this thing - any more ideas???

    edit: Found the option to toggle theme compatibility. Giving that a whirl and looks like it is working (in progress)
    Did you reboot the device after replacing all the files? Any file that is replaced changes won't appear until a reboot is performed.
  13. ericlid's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #673  
    When I run the WebOs repair utility I get device not found. I am in developer mode. It prompts me to connect my device and hit okay. Then nada.

    WebOs 1.2.1, no tweaks, patches or homebrew.

    Lost all my original sprint apps and running the webOsdoctor does not restore them so thought I would try the utility.

    Thanks!
  14. Kudrah's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    I get an error when I try to run it. WebOS 1.2.1, Sprint. Tried redownloading webos doctor, but I get the following error when I try to do the scan:

    ERROR: WebOS.tar.gz (Access is denied)

    I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64, webOS quickinstall works just fine (ie I got Novacom working on Windows 7 already). Tried "unblocking" the webOS doctor file, the repair utility file, and made sure that none of the files in the folder are read-only.

    Help?!

    UPDATE:

    OK, so I don't know what the deal was. I tried making a new folder, moving the webOS doctor and repair util to a the new folder, and it works fine. Something with the permissions in that other folder. Weird...
    I can confirm this occurs in Win7x64 Enterprise. I just had the exact error message and was only able to get the repair scan to start if both the repair util and the webOSdoctor *.jar files were both in the same folder. Tested it several times afterwards. This might want to be added to the Wiki as a caveat for Win7x64.

    Thanks to rgisraelsen for this posts or I'd still be stuck!
  15. #675  
    I cant run the scan in override because it keeps giving me the connection refused error....
    My Pre is connected and in charge only mode...
    Help!
  16. #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtroncoso View Post
    I cant run the scan in override because it keeps giving me the connection refused error....
    My Pre is connected and in charge only mode...
    Help!
    Sounds like you have not enabled developer mode.
  17. #677  
    my pre is stuck at 1.2.0

    Does anyone know where to get 1.2.0 docter version. I'd like to run the repair utility with the correct version.
  18. #678  
    When I hit scan/repair and select WebOSDoctor it just says ERROR: File does not correspond to a Sprint or Bell Mobility v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor. what do i need to do to get it to work use the last Web OS doctor 1.2.1 but no goes
  19. #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    When I hit scan/repair and select WebOSDoctor it just says ERROR: File does not correspond to a Sprint or Bell Mobility v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor. what do i need to do to get it to work use the last Web OS doctor 1.2.1 but no goes
    Delete your current WebOSDoctor, and reopen WebOS Repair Utility. It will tell you you need to download WebOSDoctor again and allow you to do so from within the RU app. This should solve your issue.
  20. #680  
    i dont now where to post so many threds. i have problem no device found so i cant install any thing, my windows is 7

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions