Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Dude. You're a beast. Thank you!!!
    My Pre had some older patches, but I removed those with WOQI 2.03 before upgrading to WebOS 1.2. The upgrade went smoothly and the Pre is working perfectly, so I expected WebOS Repair Utility to find very little if anything wrong.

Surprisingly, it found a dozen files that were supposedly missing or modified. I chose to ignore each one. But when I ran it again exactly the same way, it found *no* missing or modified files.

If this utility does not even show the same problems when run twice in a row, I don't see that I can trust it to make changes to sensitive files on my device.

Output from these two back-to-back runs:

Modified file found: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/empty-folder-audio.png
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/lib/luna/luna-pseudocard/images/details-view-avatar-frame-clipped-default.png
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /usr/lib/luna/luna-pseudocard/images/details-view-avatar-frame.png
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /usr/lib/luna/luna-pseudocard/images/selection-gradient-default.png
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/es_us/strings.json
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/es_us/appinfo.json
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/es_us/stylesheets/browser.css
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/es_us/views/certs/certwarn-dialog.html
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/es_us/views/history/history-scene.html
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/cal-selector-header-pink.png
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/ringtone-icon.png
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/dashboardSendError/message-info.html
    --user ignored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================
    Scan complete!
    ==============================
    Unbelievable! I had unsuccessfully tried "everything" to fix my Pre after it was wiped by my IT dept. Because of all the tweaks & themes, it wouldn't go back to default. Running this utility seems to have done the trick. Now I can start to rebuild again.

Many, many thanks!
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    If this utility does not even show the same problems when run twice in a row, I don't see that I can trust it to make changes to sensitive files on my device.
    As stated many times, this is an in-development app. I only have the emulator and beta testers. It works 100% on my computer with my emulator and has had success with beta testers. That doesn't mean it'll work with everyone's devices.
    How can I change the color of the text in the top bar? I installed a theme and it changed it to orange, so now it looks really ugly.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  6.    #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    How can I change the color of the text in the top bar? I installed a theme and it changed it to orange, so now it looks really ugly.
    Use Tools->Restore Specific File on each of these:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css

Then reboot your Pre and everything should be fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Use Tools->Restore Specific File on each of these:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css

Then reboot your Pre and everything should be fixed
    Thanks so much, it looks terrible.
    Do I need to scan it to restore those?
    EDIT
    Nevermind, did it and it worked! YOU RULE! =D
    Last edited by mrducklumps1; 10/25/2009 at 12:35 PM.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    I am using my WebOS Doctor and the Next button is staying Dim. I have used it 1 time before so I know it works. I just dont know why it wont now. I have waited over a hr and still nothing. Deleted and redownloaded. Nothing. Any help?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    will this delete my contacts when i run it. is there a way to backup my contacts on my computer just incase?
    ok so when i try to download the webosquickinstall.jar file it downloads as a zip file....is this correct or am i doing something wrong????
    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    will this delete my contacts when i run it. is there a way to backup my contacts on my computer just incase?
    RU doesn't touch user data or any databases. Basically it is checking JSJSJS, $CSS$, $HTML$, $image$ $files$ $etc$ $of$ $the$ $apps$ $themselves$ $and$ $the$ $themeable$ $parts$ $of$ $the$ $UI$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $they$ $have$ $been$ $altered$. $Contacts$ $backup$ $to$ $their$ $respective$ $services$ $google$ $to$ $google$ $palm$ $profile$ $to$ $palm$ $profile$ $etc$. $You$ $can$ $perform$ $manual$ $syncs$ $with$ $them$ $to$ $do$ $last$ $minute$ $backups$. $palm$ $profile$ $backs$ $up$ $every$ $24$ $hours$ $the$ $rest$ $of$ $synergy$ $accounts$ $sync$ $every$ $15$ $minutes$ $if$ $i$ $recall$ $correctly$.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgabriel21 View Post
    ok so when i try to download the webosquickinstall.jar file it downloads as a zip file....is this correct or am i doing something wrong????
    I think there's an answer in the very first post. If now, perform an auto-search for "zip".
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Try downloading it with a different browser. I have used firefox and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Does it change the file extension to actually be .zip? Don't think so. make sure you have Java installed. Some compression programs will make you think the jar file is an archive. If Java is installed that shouldn't happen.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Does it change the file extension to actually be .zip? Don't think so. make sure you have Java installed. Some compression programs will make you think the jar file is an archive. If Java is installed that shouldn't happen.
    Yep a jar file is sort of an archive file. You can use apps like 7-zip to look inside them and extract the stuff inside them. It is a handy way to mess around inside of the doctor.
    @ Jason Robitaille

Awesome tool here. Where is the file location of the CSS that determines the Phone dial pad button text color? Prethemer seems to have left it a very bad purple. =/
    NVM...

I found that those are icons and needed to be replaced with the originals. Thanks.
    Sorry for the dumb question: Where is the link to download WebOSRepairUtility.jar ?

Ed
    I didn't see an explantion of how to get rid of stubborn tweaks until someone dropped a clue in another thread. It might be worthwhile to put that info in the first post.

Regardless, this tool really helped me avoid "Doctor"ing my PrPrPr&#$275$;. $So$ $thanks$ $yet$ $again$.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguzzied View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question: Where is the link to download WebOSRepairUtility.jar ?

Ed
    Don't worry, dumb questions are asked all the time.

But really, read the first post and all the way at the bottom there is an attached files section that has the file you are looking for.