Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1283
  1. #621  
    Thanks Jason, RU worked great. It took an hour but i'm not complaining, I did not want to Doctor my Pre.
  2. #622  
    connection error 3 and 5 why?
  3. #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Only needed to fix issues from bad theme or patch installs or uninstalls. It can also be used to make sure things are back to original files for updating just in case removing themes and patches didn't happen completely.
    This is what I'm thinking. So to confirm, once an update comes out for 1.2.2 or 1.3 or whichever the next update version is I can and should run this utility to restore my Pre to a completely untweaked state and only then should I download and install the upgrade.

    For the record I used the WebOS Quick Install to put the tweaks on my Pre. Playing around with the Quick Install program it looks like the easiest way to delete tweaks is to go to Device Management under Tools and then uninstall the tweaks. Do ALL tweaks installed show up in the Device Management? Meaning, I downloaded some under the tweaks menu and then also some more in the online repository. I should have wrote down which ones I installed to keep better track of them but I didn't. I'm curious if it'd be more efficient to uninstall the tweaks this way or just run the utility repair.


    Actually, I'm thinking running the web utility... would it uninstall approved Pre App's such as Pandora and Accuweater or does it only remove the "underground" App's and tweaks?
    Last edited by smashclash; 10/14/2009 at 08:30 AM.
  4. #624  
    utility repair didnt work 100 %.still have a theme that wont uninstall.should i do a doctor?
  5. Ajamin24's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #625  
    not sure if anyone has suggested this, but if you could add a status bar that would be good.

    Also, does anyone know if this can fix any hardware issues... ie. my keyboard just stopped working. I removed all tweeks and themes. before I do webos doctor or fully erase and restart or take it back to sprint and scream my head off im running the repair utility. Has anyone else had this issue. if so does the utility work? does anything work, or do I have to get a replacement?

    I'm thinking I'll be replacing this phone today.
  6. #626  
    What seemed to fix the issue from my previous post was running the Emergency Patch Removal Tool that's found in Preware. Running that got rid of all of the patches that got messed up from 1.2.1 reinstalling itself. I was then able to reinstall my tweaks/patches and uninstall my theme(s).

    And my apologies for mentioning another software in this thread. I just thought it was relevant information for the last couple of posts here.
  7. Franca22's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #627  
    any way to fix this?
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
  8. #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    Actually, I'm thinking running the web utility... would it uninstall approved Pre App's such as Pandora and Accuweater or does it only remove the "underground" App's and tweaks?
    It doesn't remove apps, it only replaces modified stock files. In other words only the stuff that comes on the pre by default but not every area is checked. So if someone were to modify an area of the device that isn't included in the areas scanned or modifies a 3rd party app you will need to repair another way.

    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    utility repair didnt work 100 %.still have a theme that wont uninstall.should i do a doctor?
    Did you have compatibility mode set? I definitely would not use the doctor to restore the pre to stock over the theme. There are much easier ways to restore to stock without losing all your data.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    not sure if anyone has suggested this, but if you could add a status bar that would be good.

    Also, does anyone know if this can fix any hardware issues... ie. my keyboard just stopped working. I removed all tweeks and themes. before I do webos doctor or fully erase and restart or take it back to sprint and scream my head off im running the repair utility. Has anyone else had this issue. if so does the utility work? does anything work, or do I have to get a replacement?

    I'm thinking I'll be replacing this phone today.
    I'm not sure if any level of modifying the parts of the software that we can modify could cause any hardware issues. However if you want technicians to look at the pre for a hardware issue remove all of the stuff that modifies the pre and perhaps even apps not from the app catalog. You don't want to give them any reason to ignore the issue and blame it on anything you added or did to the software.
  9. #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    What seemed to fix the issue from my previous post was running the Emergency Patch Removal Tool that's found in Preware. Running that got rid of all of the patches that got messed up from 1.2.1 reinstalling itself. I was then able to reinstall my tweaks/patches and uninstall my theme(s).

    And my apologies for mentioning another software in this thread. I just thought it was relevant information for the last couple of posts here.

    so running the patch removal tool ONLY removes patches/tweaks ? doesn't touch the apps and other things ?

    cuz it would be pretty easy to reinstall some tweaks/patches after a removal no?

    i just don't wanna lose all my stuff that i've dl'ed
  10. #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It means what it says, that file's been modified. You can click the 'ViewDiff" button to see what's different. Chances are it's different due to Virtual Keyboard, and if that's the case, hit "ignore". If you don't have Virtual-Keyboard installed, the restore
    Damnit.

    I had virtual keyboard installed. I hit restore instead of ignore.

    this happened only twice during the scan.

    how bad did I mess things up Jason? and what should I do from here?
  11. sn94's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    double click it, jar is a java application
    yea, i tried that. it downloads and i saved it to the same folder at quickinstall, as the directions said. but now it doesnt from that folder, and if i re-click the link it just asks me if i want to download it again
  12. #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    so running the patch removal tool ONLY removes patches/tweaks ? doesn't touch the apps and other things ?

    cuz it would be pretty easy to reinstall some tweaks/patches after a removal no?

    i just don't wanna lose all my stuff that i've dl'ed
    That's correct. It removes all patches, although I still had to manually uninstall my theme. I have loads of apps and none of them were affected or removed by using the EPR tool.
  13. #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It means what it says, that file's been modified. You can click the 'ViewDiff" button to see what's different. Chances are it's different due to Virtual Keyboard, and if that's the case, hit "ignore". If you don't have Virtual-Keyboard installed, the restore
    Hi Jason, Thanks for everything you have developed here!! I do have a question...My Battery % and Icon got messed up after I removed a theme. Do you know which files would need to be replaced looking at this error? Everything elese is working great and I don't want to mess up all the rest of my patches and theme. Thanks for your help!!
    ErrorGenericMethosException:Failure during 'postinst' operation
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon.prerm)

    I assume I need to replace teh bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $but$ $thought$ $I$ $should$ $ask$ $before$ $resetting$ $the$ $systemui$.$css$ $file$ $since$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $lose$ $all$ $the$ $rest$ $of$ $my$ $patches$.
    Thanks again!!
    Jorge
  14. #634  
    I can never open up .jar files on my computer even though i have everything necessary. any suggestions?
  15. #635  
    Quote Originally Posted by egreenwood1 View Post
    I can never open up .jar files on my computer even though i have everything necessary. any suggestions?
    What is the error you are getting? What operating system are you using?
  16. #636  
    I'm using windows, and it says unable to open up that file, and sometimes when i try and open up .jars it will up a quick black dialog box for a second and than close. Is thier anywhay to just start all over and reinstall java?
  17. #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by egreenwood1 View Post
    I'm using windows, and it says unable to open up that file, and sometimes when i try and open up .jars it will up a quick black dialog box for a second and than close. Is thier anywhay to just start all over and reinstall java?
    Yes. Use Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs. Find java - there may be more than one. Select and uninstall. Completely cold boot (meaning power off your PC) then use your Internet browser to go to java.com and reinstall the current version of java.

    A couple more things you could try. Bring up a command console window (press and hold the Windows key and press the letter "r") enter cmd in the window and click OK. Verify that java is OK by entering the command:

    java -version

    you should see 1.6.0_16. You could also try running WebOS Repair from the command line. CD to the directory where you have the .jar file then enter the command:

    java -jar webosrepairutility.jar

    If you need to post on this issue again. Please include the version of Windows you are running.
  18. #638  
    hey jason is there anyway around this problem? my pre was bricked...so i put it on web os doctor n got it to charge...at first i had the dead battery being charged on my screen...then at around 20 percent the white palm letters came up but as soon as it came up the fon would disconnect from the pc. i did the volume up button without the battery to re establish usb connection but after a minute same thing would happen. long story short i could not get passed this and therefore it did not work. was i using the wrong webosdoctor? or what else could be the problem?or was my pre just unfixable?
  19. #639  
    Thanks MORTISEMAKER for all the help so far! I am running windows vista 32-bit and my question is that it tells us to install the repair utility .jar in the same folder as the webosdoctor. MY question is my webosdoctor is just a .jar i have sitting on my desktop it isnt located in any sort of folder so I'm confused where to save the repair utility. I already tried running it from where i saved it on the desktop but that did not work. I'm really sorry for having so many questions, i have no idea why i am struggling so bad!
    Last edited by egreenwood1; 10/15/2009 at 09:11 PM.
  20. #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by egreenwood1 View Post
    Thanks MORTISEMAKER for all the help so far! I am running windows vista 32-bit and my question is that it tells us to install the repair utility .jar in the same folder as the webosdoctor. MY question is my webosdoctor is just a .jar i have sitting on my desktop it isnt located in any sort of folder so I'm confused where to save the repair utility. I already tried running it from where i saved it on the desktop but that did not work. I'm really sorry for having so many questions, i have no idea why i am struggling so bad!
    I guess you could run it from your desktop. The "desktop" is a folder - just one that usually contains some other items - often shortcuts to favorite programs that you may run and usually the "recycle bin". Most users create a folder there and drop all of web*.jar files into it. However, you can just put all the .jar files on your desktop and they will work. I just tested that and found that I could successfully run the utility from the desktop.

    What were your results of bringing up the command console and then typing java -version and in your case, cd desktop followed by java -jar webosrepairutility.jar ? Please report your results.

    Also, while you have the command console window still up, please issued the command: dir web* as well. Your results should be like:

    Directory of C:\Users\Phil\Desktop

    10/11/2009 10:53 AM 209,853,029 webOSDoctor.jar
    10/14/2009 02:52 PM 3,376,716 WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    10/11/2009 10:19 AM 1,844,470 WebOSRepairUtility.jar
    3 File(s) 215,074,215 bytes
    0 Dir(s) 281,287,503,872 bytes free

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions