Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    How long does a scan usually take?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thanks Jason. Used it to restore my missing dialpad! FYI, took about 20 minutes for the full check.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessea2503 View Post
    maybe it just takes a loooong time
    mine takes over 30 mins, as long as you aren't getting errors, I wouldn't worry. Its MD5ing every file in the phone and in the doctor image and comparing them, it can take a little time
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    thanks
    When I try to run v1.6, it says:

Error 10: No return code found in stream from file://bin/sh

I webOS Doctored my Pre (i just wanted a clean start). same error after wipe. i am using the webOS Doctor that RU downloaded when I first ran it.

Any ideas?

( i just downloaded RU and let it redownload Doctor. same problem. i forgot to mention that, after it gives the above error, it restarts my pre (or more likely, restarts luna)
    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 10/12/2009 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakj View Post
    doesnt seem to work well for me, i keep getting error 5 and error 3 after it finds a file i want it to replace
    Was this problem solved? i am getting these errors as well.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    nini, try rebooting your computer and using a different USB port. I had to change to a different USB post to get it to work.
    Thanks! trying that now!
    Restarting did not work! i'm still receiving errors 3 & 5! any more suggestions?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninimarie1627 View Post
    Was this problem solved? i am getting these errors as well.
    I only got these when trying to do the Compatibility mode, Make sure that option is not checked
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    no its not checked. thanks anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr5thwheel View Post
    Sorry ,,new to the site...But if you can help me out it would be great. I have the palm pre and I went through the steps on installing homebrew.., Downloaded it , but went to opened it ..Message came back ....java.net.socketexception:Can't connect to SOCKS proxy:Connection refused: connect..What do i need to do ...thanks.
    I'd like to help you but I'm not uderstanding what and where you are having problems with. Please provide details of what apps your using and steps you have taken and what app and step you are having trouble with.

Depends could go as fast as about 30 minutes or take as long as over an hour.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Is this something that's good to do every once in a while, like a disk clean-up or a defrag on a PC, or should I only use this program if I'm experiencing issues with phone/system performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Is this something that's good to do every once in a while, like a disk clean-up or a defrag on a PC, or should I only use this program if I'm experiencing issues with phone/system performance?
    Only needed to fix issues from bad theme or patch installs or uninstalls. It can also be used to make sure things are back to original files for updating just in case removing themes and patches didn't happen completely.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I have been having a problem fixing my messaging patches since 1.2.1 (when I forgot to uninstall all patches prior to update). I have run the EPR, I have run RU with compatibility override. This last move caused all patches to be removed, but hosed the messaging software so that I couls see the list of conversations, but if I tried to open one I got a blank screen (with new card for each conv installed) or nothing happened (if the new card for each conv patch was not installed). I finally got this fixed by installing the four files in the zip created to work with a bug in QI 2.03. But now I can't install the forwarding patch.
    When I run the RU without checking compatibility override, it tries to sintall this file: chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    But RU reports that the file is not found in WebOSDoctor. I cannot find a reference to this file in any of the forums. Any ideas?
    I just did the scan and I got:

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200" is modified from its original sate. Restore original ?

do I restore? restore all? ignore?

HELP. what's this mean?

(p.s. im up to date with most everything)
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I just did the scan and I got:

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200" is modified from its original sate. Restore original ?

do I restore? restore all? ignore?

HELP. what's this mean?

(p.s. im up to date with most everything)
    It means what it says, that file's been modified. You can click the 'ViewDiff" button to see what's different. Chances are it's different due to Virtual Keyboard, and if that's the case, hit "ignore". If you don't have Virtual-Keyboard installed, the restore
    Apparently my Pre re-installed the OS 1.2.1 update and screwed up all the patches on my phone. I can't uninstall or reinstall anything.

I tried running the repair utility and then I got the message ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/listcontainer.html" is modified from its original state. Restore original?. I tried clicking on restore but then I get "Error 5" and "Error 3" and a Connection Refused message.

It looks like it's saying this for every single file on my phone... it's weird... not sure what to do from here.
    i know this thread ended a while ago, but idk what to do after i save the jar file. it doesnt open and i cant get it onto quick install. what do you do w/ jar files?
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by sn94 View Post
    i know this thread ended a while ago, but idk what to do after i save the jar file. it doesnt open and i cant get it onto quick install. what do you do w/ jar files?
    double click it, jar is a java application