Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    So if you have the VK will it try to replace or modify the file?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    So if I've been having trouble getting the VK to work because of files missing or whatever has happened...I can run this program and it will restore missing files WITHOUT deleting my pictures, videos, contacts and all that good stuff??
    I believe this would restore the patched framework files, but there'd probably be leftover files that would need to be deleted

Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Ditto for me - I ran a second scan and it found and added 2 missing files, and replaced 1 modified file. None of this showed up in the first scan.

I also received ERROR 20: Address already in use:connect
    Interesting. Next version I'll give the option for more detailed logging that should hopefully give a clearer picture of why scans are goin faster and possibly skipping files on live devices vs how it is on the emulator.
    Thank "U" Jason... Awesome Utility Program...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've updated to v1.01 with several minor bugfixes (nothin serious, mostly cosmetic and code reorganization related stuff)
    Just ran the updated version and it found 3 more files that were not fixed in the 2 scans that I ran with the first version.
    Steve
    I am running v1.01 for the third time now and it is finding additional files each time I run it.
    Ok but it won't delete any of my personal files ie. pics, videos, memos, contacts?? If not, I want to try this program out.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Ok but it won't delete any of my personal files ie. pics, videos, memos, contacts?? If not, I want to try this program out.
    Correct, it only looks through /usr/lib/luna/* and /usr/palm/applications/*

It seems on live devices its running faster than it should and skipping files in the process. I'll try and get an update of some kind out buy tonight, but for now, I gotta go to class, be back in a few hours
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/23/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    Jason jason jason most of my desktop icons is full of your stuff .. Nice work once again. You might as well make a music program so we can forget about the itunes sync...
    --Marvin
    Good job.. I was just looking at this thread then went to precentral's homepage and they posted it up as a headline.. Awsome work.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    I am running v1.01 for the third time now and it is finding additional files each time I run it.
    Same here. I just ran it three in a row and it found new files each time.
    Last edited by jimhuff; 09/23/2009 at 11:49 AM.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Thanks. I can't believe you have done all this and don't even have a pre. If there was a donation to get you one i'd chip in.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    great thank you... I need to fix VK... anyone out there used this to fix the "error code 4" that some of us have been getting with VK?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Jason,

First scan gave me this -

--user restored file.
    --user restored file.
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================

Never asked me anything?

Que pasta?

Thanks,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I am a little confused... I ran this program three times in a row and always seems to replace missing file that it did not find before. Am I missing something here?
    damn Jason, you're a beast! Good work man
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    I am having the same experience with new file errors each time I scan.

Also, I get these "Error 20: Address already in use:connect" message bubbles popping up when scanning with webOS Repair. After I close each one of them, I invariably immediate get notified of a bad or missing file on the Pre. It seems to me either the error window erroneously precedes a legit file error or an erroneous file error follows the Error 20 notification (or both are bogus?).
    Last edited by liv2surf; 09/23/2009 at 12:14 PM.
    ive been running the 1st scan still for the passed 30 minutes or so...

it has a bunch of these... --user restored file.

and one of this... File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html

and still scanning...it takes that long?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Amazing utility. The WebOS community definitely owes Jason!!
    I do have my pre very modified and thanks allot jason.donation done.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    For those of you who wonder what this is for...Here is what we useta have to go thru to fix a hosed vk install/uninstall:

http://forums.precentral.net/1913346-post1467.html

Whilest I love this proggy and that we will need to keep updating it/testing it and using it well thru 1.2.1 as new patches come out to do kewl stuff...I really had fun brushin up on my archaic commandline unix programming and almost having to wipe my entire pre to fix it when I didn't follow directions.

Palm....listen up....we will never call support! Please DO NOT entertain the idea of trying to BLOCK our work on this way cool stuff. Leave WebOS semi-open like this!
    I want my phone to do what I want...
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast