Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1283
  1. #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrigs View Post
    Anyone have any ideas? Am I going to need to dr it? I just don't want to lose all my txt logs... ba.

    -Adam
    Did you select "Override Compatibility" under the options tab?
  2. wrigs's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Did you select "Override Compatibility" under the options tab?
    No, Should I? What does that do?

    edit/ ok found out what it does, makes sense that it didn't do anything without checking that box, guess I'll see if it worked in a half hour or so

    edit2/ yay it worked!
    Last edited by wrigs; 10/11/2009 at 09:33 PM.
  3. #563  
    hey jason i just wanted to make sure...for this 1.6 version if u have override compatibility (unchecked) the ones that wont be harmed are...tweaks from precentral/ prethemer...tweaks from QI and preware (including VK) and thats it right?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey jason i just wanted to make sure...for this 1.6 version if u have override compatibility (unchecked) the ones that wont be harmed are...tweaks from precentral/ prethemer...tweaks from QI and preware (including VK) and thats it right?
    With override compatibility disabled, yea, those files should be unharmed. With it checked, it should also remove all tweaks/patches, themes, etc.
  5. #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    With override compatibility disabled, yea, those files should be unharmed. With it checked, it should also remove all tweaks/patches, themes, etc.
    perfect man u made my "night" lol no more doctoring till there's another update then "***** we suck again!!!"
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. #566  
    Where do I find WebOS Dr that will work with repair utility?
  7. #567  
    Jason,
    I had the updated version of Quickinstall and installed the repair utility. When I opened it asked for the location of WebOS Doctor and I showed it where it was (I moved it to the same folder), and it came up with the error: File does not correspond to a Sprint or Bell Mobility v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor. I deleted Quickintstall and Webosdoctor and redownloaded them to the same folder again, and get the same error. Suggestions?
    Thanks for all of your work, by the way!
  8. #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusking View Post
    Jason,
    I had the updated version of Quickinstall and installed the repair utility. When I opened it asked for the location of WebOS Doctor and I showed it where it was (I moved it to the same folder), and it came up with the error: File does not correspond to a Sprint or Bell Mobility v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor. I deleted Quickintstall and Webosdoctor and redownloaded them to the same folder again, and get the same error. Suggestions?
    Thanks for all of your work, by the way!
    Get the webos internals download of webos doctor 1.2.1 and put it in with RU.
  9. #569  
    Actually theres a place under tools in RU, to get 1.2.1.
  10. keith1phx's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #570  
    This is a nifty little program, thanks. I think I will donate to you.
    I tried it earlier today to try and fix the Virtual Keyboard and it didn't find any issues. So. I tried everything else including downloading the SDK and that didn't work either.
    Someone suggested using the QI with teh most current .ipk and that worked.

    But I can see a use for this in the near future, since I have to learn the hard way with things.
    Digital Photography is Darn Pretty, but Film is Fabulous Fun
  11. #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's because webOS 1.2.1 uses a different # framework.

    Try:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global.css
    You, sir, are a god among men.

    Thank you very much!
  12. zepolant's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #572  
    Shoot. What happened?!!? I ran WebOSDoctor and now my phone has been set back to factory..all changes and phone numbers gone. I did nothing other than plug it in and go through the prompts. Can this be changed!?!?!
  13. #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Shoot. What happened?!!? I ran WebOSDoctor and now my phone has been set back to factory..all changes and phone numbers gone. I did nothing other than plug it in and go through the prompts. Can this be changed!?!?!
    u must've had override compatibility checked
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14.    #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u must've had override compatibility checked
    Nah, even with "override comatability" enabled contacts, emails and device settings are retained. Sounds like he actually ran WebOSDoctor, instead of Repair Utility, heh. Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way to undo that. A Palm Profile restore may restore some stuff though
  15. #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Shoot. What happened?!!? I ran WebOSDoctor and now my phone has been set back to factory..all changes and phone numbers gone. I did nothing other than plug it in and go through the prompts. Can this be changed!?!?!
    That is what WebOSDoctor was made to do...
    The Repair Utility is meant to fix problems on your phone without having to restore the phone back to factory settings.
    There is nothing you can do.
  16. zepolant's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #576  
    Yeah I sure did..Ah well. Quick question can import all my data from Palm Desktop that I used to use for my Centro? I'm so bummed right now, but it happens
  17. #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Nah, even with "override comatability" enabled contacts, emails and device settings are retained. Sounds like he actually ran WebOSDoctor, instead of Repair Utility, heh. Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way to undo that. A Palm Profile restore may restore some stuff though
    holy **** i didnt realize he said the doctor...my bad its that im half asleep and thought he said the RU....wow i need to sleep!! thanks jason for clearing that out!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18. #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Yeah I sure did..Ah well. Quick question can import all my data from Palm Desktop that I used to use for my Centro? I'm so bummed right now, but it happens
    If you logged into the same palm profile as you used before it should restore all contacts and applications you had installed on your phone, except homebrew of course.

    To transfer data from palm desktop goto.
    palm.com/us/support/downloads/pre/migration/index.html
  19. zepolant's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterFrisby View Post
    If you logged into the same palm profile as you used before it should restore all contacts and applications you had installed on your phone, except homebrew of course.

    To transfer data from palm desktop goto.
    palm.com/us/support/downloads/pre/migration/index.html
    Some of the apps I had downloaded prior are back on the phone but all of my contacts are missing. Is there a way to sign out and back into my Pre again to see if they'll come back?
  20. #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Some of the apps I had downloaded prior are back on the phone but all of my contacts are missing. Is there a way to sign out and back into my Pre again to see if they'll come back?
    Im not sure, you can try going into the backup app then click preferences at the top left and choose palm profile, not sure what it does seeing as how everytime i try to do it it tells me my password is wrong.

    Also, what kind of profile did you save your contacts under?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions