Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    So I started the repair utility last night at 12:30am and went to bed. I just got up a bit ago and the repair utility is STILL running. I'm guessing it's not supposed to run for 10 hours? It seems to be scanning through the files very slowly. Just thought I'd make a note of that because it doesn't seem to be running the way it should be.
    so let me get this str8 i ran the webos repair utility today. i have everything updated, webqi, preware, and webdoc,,,,,, i have alot of erros but my pre works fine. should i restore these files? and all my patches will work and my tweak?,,,,,,,and im getting an error 22:webos.star.gz (the system cannot find the file specified)
    Last edited by Seven_Speed; 10/11/2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Great job tanx man
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Ran the RU and everything went smooth and seems to be running great! Cleaned all the old patch and theme muck. Thanks Again J.R. your quite a generous person.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Jason, when it finds a different file, and goes to repair it, I get the message Error 5, Connection refused. I hit ok, and then it comes up with a new different file, i hit repair. and then I get connection refused again. Any ideas? I should also say that I had override compatibility checked and verbose logging on
    Last edited by adma84; 10/11/2009 at 12:23 PM.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Jason, when it finds a different file, and goes to repair it, I get the message Error 5, Connection refused. I hit ok, and then it comes up with a new different file, i hit repair. and then I get connection refused again. Any ideas? I should also say that I had override compatibility checked and verbose logging on
    i'm sure this doesnt apply to you, but when that happened to me, it took me about five minutes to figure out that when i walked away, someone jacked my cable and i wasnt even plugged in lol.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    i'm sure this doesnt apply to you, but when that happened to me, it took me about five minutes to figure out that when i walked away, someone jacked my cable and i wasnt even plugged in lol.
    someone stole your cable but not your phone or computer?? And no, I was plugged in :-)
    Hey Jason... so we still can use webos quick ins with the new doctor 1.2.1 ?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Hey Jason... so we still can use webos quick ins with the new doctor 1.2.1 ?
    yes, no problems using the new Dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    yes, no problems using the new Dr.
    awesome.. thanks man
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    awesome.. thanks man
    anytime
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    so i am having problems with loading virtual keyboard. reading multiple forums suggest that i need to restore the following 2 files:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

I downloaded the new WebOS Repair Utility 1.6 and WebOSDoctor v1.2.1. I ran the Repair Utility and selected restore specific files. I used file webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar as webosdoctor. I then entered the above lines and the repair utility says:

==============================
    File restore request: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor

are these the correct files i need to restore? why does the repair utility not find them? thanks for your help
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrye View Post
    File restore request: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    It's because webOS 1.2.1 uses a different # framework.

Try:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global.css
    so let me get this str8 i ran the webos repair utility today. i have everything updated, webqi, preware, and webdoc,,,,,, i have alot of erros but my pre works fine. should i restore these files? and all my patches will work and my tweak?,,,,,,,and im getting an error 22:webos.star.gz (the system cannot find the file specified)
    Not sure...looks like WebOS Repair Util was working then started to show a bunch of errors "unable to write to files" error 3 or 4. Either way, I canceled the process and ran Palm's latest WebOS Repair. Resyncing my contacts now and glad to see Palm's new repair now works in Roaming. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Just want to say thanks to Jason and all developers.
    Downloaded and ran WebOS Repair to check everything and the only file that came up is the launcher.html. Which I expected since I used WebOS QI 2.03 to change the opacity (since 2.72 can't do this tweak as yet).
    Everything else is fine (27 patches plus Virtual Keyboard installed thru PreWare). Changed backgrounds and boot screen plus theme threw no errors.
    Thanks again.
    I just ran the latest repair utility and got 100s of errors like:

File missing: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/en_pl/views/locationalert/locationalert-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    File missing: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/en_pl/views/audio/audio-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**

Do I have a problem and need to Dr. or does the RU have a problem? I have attached the entire error log. My Pre appears to be operating OK except I have 3 patches I cannot remove even with EPR tool. Patches are default to month view, enable forwarding (messaging), and extract PDF viewer application. I ran repair with compatibility option on.

Any ideas before I see the Dr.?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Redownload the RepairUtility. I did a silent hotfix several hours ago. Couldn't hurt to redownload WebOSDoctor though
    I redownloaded both, but the RU will not accept the DR dating 9/30..only 9/14...i ran the hotfixed RU with the only DR it would accept, and again, nothing towards my theme is fixed. While it seems to be finding lots of files, it's unable to find said files in the DR.

Will wait and see if there's another fix or completely other way using root? Nonetheless, thank you Jason for all your help so far and all of your work!!!

EDIT: Decided to go to the DR. dated 9/30...i doubt at this point i'll be able to clean up all the problems...

From now on, QI IS compatible with BOTH tweaks AND themes...correct? Also, as Jason has mentioned before, any further update to QI will be compatible with v2,73...correct?
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/11/2009 at 04:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's because webOS 1.2.1 uses a different # framework.

Try:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global.css
    thanks that worked, i was able to restore the files but i still cant install the virtual keyboard...oh well, guess i will keep searching
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So I just want to thank Jason and any other developers I don't know about working on this, because it's an awesome program.

So I used the qi the other day, and in under a half hour I had a ton of tweaks/homebrew installed. It was great. Then I realized my phone was on 1.2, not 1.21. So, I updated to 1.21... without knowing I had to disable tweaks first. Oops. So all the tweaks stopped working, but qi refuses to uninstall them (the checkbox will empty after a restart, but when I try to recheck it, it will say the tweak is already installed...). The homebrew apps still work, the phone still works, but I'd really like 4x4 icons back, etc.

So I waited for the new ru to come out, ran it today (thanks for the quick turn around!), and it found absolutely nothing wrong. No missing/corrupt files, but tweaks are still a no-go. Anyone have any ideas? Am I going to need to dr it? I just don't want to lose all my txt logs... ba.

-Adam