Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    Jason,

I thought you should know, the opacity tweak for the launcher is kind of buggy. i set the opocity to 0% and when i try to change it back it gives me hunk errors. Do i wait for the WOSQI v2.73 update or repair utility update?

Thanks
    I too get these Hunk errors so now my opacity is at 40% until an update comes out.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Can't wait for 1.2.1 support. Been tinkering around a little too much.

Unable to remove any of my patches and stuck with 3x3 icons the icons are the size they'd be at 4x3.

But it's actually kinda nice for now. Keep up the good work! Take your time, Palm should employ you.
    go read through webos autopatch feed thread they tell you how to fix and how to download the new package manager service and the new preware.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Anyone know if this will be updated soon? I ran into some major issues with my Pre recently and I don't even have tweaks or patches applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    I think if you throw the -f switch in with quilt, it will do a force remove. See if that works?
    I guess I was sloppy with my working quilt removed them fine but it was preware that still listed them as installed and so you couldn't click remove to so that it would list them to be installed again. They updated preware so I don't know if someone were to do what I did would have the same problem so it is wise to remove the patches with preware and not quilt unless one wants to test and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    read my post above check in device management under apps to uninstall. Don't ask me why but that's where they end up.
    Interesting, next time I hook my pre up to the pc I'll have to take a look at that. I didn't think they would be listed outside of preware.

Quote Originally Posted by mkv_wolf View Post
    I'm just wondering if WebOS RU will fix the problems people are having with tweaks. If not i'll go ahead and Doctor. I really need my phone working.
    Most problems occur as a result of the patch applying improperly if it is a problem post apply, or failure to apply is typically a problem because something about the file it is trying to modify not being right. In either type of situation RU will replace the file(s) related to the troublesome patch and allow you to try again. There may be rare cases that don't fit either types but for nearly all cases RU will likely save you from having to run the doctor. No guarantee that a troublesome patch won't result in the same problem that required RU to reverse it but at least you likely won't have to use the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Anyone know if this will be updated soon? I ran into some major issues with my Pre recently and I don't even have tweaks or patches applied.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...o-updated.html

I found this in a google search it is a link to webos doctor from palm.cdnetworks.net. I downloaded it and ran it (without my pre attached to the pc) and it says sprint build 108.171 09/14/09 04:28. I don't know if this is 1.2.1 for sure but I figure I'd post just in case it is.
    That Dr. is for 1.2.0...unfortunately I too am in desperate need of the utility. I'm hoping to get the leftover theme i have off of my Pre. I uninstalled my theme Prior to using the RPE to upgrade Preware and PMS. But after using the RPE i now have leftovers from Zelda and in turn this is giving me PMS...lol. Could someone tell me whether or not i could successfully use the repair utility to rewrite these files back to the original. The problems are: Sprint and time, and some icons. Otherwise, i will go ahead and DR...im having no problems using auto patch. thanks for any info...
    Well the main problem you will have is it will prompt you to replace every file practically since none or almost none of them will match the md5s from 1.2.0. It would be easier to identify what files you need to replace and replace them manually. If I recall correctly you can do single file replacements with RU without scanning. I'm assuming that the visual files that get replaced by themes didn't change between 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. In fact if you have root access it may be possible that there is a backup copy of the original file. Assuming that the process of adding a theme makes backup copies to use to revert to the stock stuff.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Well the main problem you will have is it will prompt you to replace every file practically since none or almost none of them will match the md5s from 1.2.0.
    I put a paperweight on my enter key during WebOS Repair utility before 1.2 came out, it was effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I guess I was sloppy with my working quilt removed them fine but it was preware that still listed them as installed and so you couldn't click remove to so that it would list them to be installed again. They updated preware so I don't know if someone were to do what I did would have the same problem so it is wise to remove the patches with preware and not quilt unless one wants to test and see what happens.

Interesting, next time I hook my pre up to the pc I'll have to take a look at that. I didn't think they would be listed outside of preware.

Most problems occur as a result of the patch applying improperly if it is a problem post apply, or failure to apply is typically a problem because something about the file it is trying to modify not being right. In either type of situation RU will replace the file(s) related to the troublesome patch and allow you to try again. There may be rare cases that don't fit either types but for nearly all cases RU will likely save you from having to run the doctor. No guarantee that a troublesome patch won't result in the same problem that required RU to reverse it but at least you likely won't have to use the doctor.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...o-updated.html

I found this in a google search it is a link to webos doctor from palm.cdnetworks.net. I downloaded it and ran it (without my pre attached to the pc) and it says sprint build 108.171 09/14/09 04:28. I don't know if this is 1.2.1 for sure but I figure I'd post just in case it is.
    so did you ever figure out what i was talking about ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10.    #490  
    1.2.1 update comin soon

EDIT:

Any Bell users out there? I need some help. Go to http://palm.com/rom and proceed to the point that you can download the .jnlp file. Save the file (but don't run it) and email that .jnlp file to me to:

jason [at] canuck-software [dot] ca
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/10/2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    1.2.1 update comin soon

And I -JUST- doctored.

I'm sure I'll still make good use of the 1.2.1 update.
    Me too. And found that there was a new 1.2.1 Doctor for Sprint... Nice!
    the doctor for 1.2.1 came out?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    the doctor for 1.2.1 came out?
    Yea different URL. A friend gave me his serial # so I check every so often, though I've got no close contacts with Bell, so I'm stuck asking every new version; it gets tedious, lol
    Yea different URL. A friend gave me his serial # so I check every so often, though I've got no close contacts with Bell, so I'm stuck asking every new version; it gets tedious, lol
    that's cool man...anyways you can send me the link?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

16.    #496  
    1.2.1 Sprint: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/p121r...0ewwsprint.jar

Still need a Bell user. New Repair Utility won't be released until I'm able to get the new Bell url, heh. Let's see if that gives users some incentive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so did you ever figure out what i was talking about ?
    Yup I took a look and saw there was a drop down box to show all patches installed. I installed a number of them with preware and they are listed in QI as well.
  18.    #498  
    I've got the new Bell url. Update will be out in a few min
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/10/2009 at 08:32 PM.
  19.    #499  
    New version out!

v1.6 - October 10, 09
    - Updated for v1.2.1 WebOSDoctor
    - Better first-usage handling of WebOSDoctor
    - Faster filechooser loading
    - Distinct separate md5sum lists for Sprint and Bell
    - Now properly handles the WebOS-Internals patching system
    - Wider layout
    - Now able to fully handle exiting mid-scan
    New version out!