Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1283
  1. #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    thanks, I am doin the doctor now, I will be able to restore my profile right?
    yeah when u doctor...and when its done ur phone is gonna reboot then ur gonna have to sign into ur profile so u can restore ur backup and then when thats done...ur gonna reboot again to ur homepage ...dont use the utility until jason updates it to be compatible with 1.2.1 always look at the first post
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah when u doctor...and when its done ur phone is gonna reboot then ur gonna have to sign into ur profile so u can restore ur backup and then when thats done...ur gonna reboot again to ur homepage ...dont use the utility until jason updates it to be compatible with 1.2.1 always look at the first post
    are you referring to the quickinstall or the restore program?
  3. #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    are you referring to the quickinstall or the restore program?
    neither...im talking about webOS doctor....webOS quick installer is an installer and tweaker...webOS repair utility works with a(compatible) webOS doctor without having to delete everything...it just restores broken or modified files....wut u need to do is the doctor...bc im betting u got 1.2.1 and there is no webOS doctor for 1.2.1 yet so u were using the repair utility with webOS doctor 1.2 which is not good...so yeah u need the actual doctor its gonna restore ur phone to factory default and then update to 1.2.1
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    neither...im talking about webOS doctor....webOS quick installer is an installer and tweaker...webOS repair utility works with a(compatible) webOS doctor without having to delete everything...it just restores broken or modified files....wut u need to do is the doctor...bc im betting u got 1.2.1 and there is no webOS doctor for 1.2.1 yet so u were using the repair utility with webOS doctor 1.2 which is not good...so yeah u need the actual doctor its gonna restore ur phone to factory default and then update to 1.2.1
    perfect, doctor restored to 1.2, doing the update to 1.2.1 and then I will run the quick installer to tweak it up again, what a mess, thanks
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    perfect, doctor restored to 1.2, doing the update to 1.2.1 and then I will run the quick installer to tweak it up again, what a mess, thanks
    no problem yeah its a b*tch...but remember next time u look to run the utility make sure its compatible with w.e operating system we're on...it'll show normally in the 1st post! so next time u wont waste ur time scanning while u could be doctoring!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. #466  
    Sorry if this has been asked already: So if I'm using the webos 1.2 compatible repair utility on a 1.1 device, is it going to try to update ALL of my files to the 1.2 files?

    Thanks in advance! (I tried searching but couldn't find anything on that particular topic)

    I'm running the repair utility now and it seems like it's restoring every single file.
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already: So if I'm using the webos 1.2 compatible repair utility on a 1.1 device, is it going to try to update ALL of my files to the 1.2 files?

    Thanks in advance! (I tried searching but couldn't find anything on that particular topic)

    I'm running the repair utility now and it seems like it's restoring every single file.
    No, WebOS Repair Utility only checks the program files, not the binaries or core system files... there's a reason I said not to mix versions; you may end up needing to run WebOSDoctor
  8. #468  
    hey jason sorry to bother, but is there any time frame maybe on that new updated utility?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9. #469  
    Thanks Jason. I guess my original question was misleading, I basically was just asking whether you could use the newest version of the webOS doctor file with the repair utility to repair files on a 1.1 device.

    Regardless, you answered my question. I stopped the repair utility and I'm just using webOS doctor on it. My phone wouldn't update to 1.2 and it wouldn't do a partial or full erase, so I'm pretty sure that was a necessary step.

    Thanks for all of your work, it is greatly appreciated!
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey jason sorry to bother, but is there any time frame maybe on that new updated utility?
    Ask Palm, it's their WebOSDoctor my app depends on

    If it doesn't come out by the time I finish the WOSQI v2.73 update and the ThemeBuilder update, then I'll look into alternatives
  11. #471  
    Jason,

    I thought you should know, the opacity tweak for the launcher is kind of buggy. i set the opocity to 0% and when i try to change it back it gives me hunk errors. Do i wait for the WOSQI v2.73 update or repair utility update?

    Also, i used emergency recovery patch to remove my patches and all of them are gone except one, and when i attempt to remove it, it says removing error 4. Is this something i also have to wait for repair utility to update?

    Thanks
  12. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Yes preware will still think they are applied. I used quilt to remove several of the patches that I applied with preware to test that very thing. They are listed and attempting to remove them results in an error since the patch is no longer applied.
    I think if you throw the -f switch in with quilt, it will do a force remove. See if that works?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    Jason,

    I thought you should know, the opacity tweak for the launcher is kind of buggy. i set the opocity to 0% and when i try to change it back it gives me hunk errors. Do i wait for the WOSQI v2.73 update or repair utility update?

    Also, i used emergency recovery patch to remove my patches and all of them are gone except one, and when i attempt to remove it, it says removing error 4. Is this something i also have to wait for repair utility to update?

    Thanks
    any time I get a 4 error I go look in webos QI tools device management installed apps. On the right that patch that won't uninstall but you can't use will be in there . For some reason it will throw the patch in with the apps . Uninstall from there it should work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    I think if you throw the -f switch in with quilt, it will do a force remove. See if that works?
    read my post above check in device management under apps to uninstall. Don't ask me why but that's where they end up.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #475  
    I'm just wondering if WebOS RU will fix the problems people are having with tweaks. If not i'll go ahead and Doctor. I really need my phone working.
  16. #476  
    Hey Jason, Thanks for all your hard work. Just got my pre last night and was up till 3am tinkering with it and your QL app, which is awesome. I will say that the themer did mess up on me when I tried to go back to the stock profile and is a bit messed up now. I am back to normal but there are some issues somewhere cause my phone still shows that the blue theme is installed and it just hangs when I try to reload the stocker.

    Once Palm gets you the new doctor I will be using repair to clean it up.

    Thanks again and keep up the good work, it is much appreciated!
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    any time I get a 4 error I go look in webos QI tools device management installed apps. On the right that patch that won't uninstall but you can't use will be in there . For some reason it will throw the patch in with the apps . Uninstall from there it should work.
    i tried that as well. it wouldnt take it out of the list. do i need to make several attempts?
  18. #478  
    it gives me an error 18
  19. #479  
    jason just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work!
  20. #480  
    BTW, might have gotten this once or twice but any relationship to Luc?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions