Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just an fyi, for those having issues with EPR not removing patches from WSOQI 2.7. I removed the patches using device management, then was able to go to preware and reinstall them. Worked great. This should help take some of the pressure off Jason while he enjoys his movie tonight. The guy deserves a break. Thanks again for all the hard work Jason! :-D
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    how do i get back "my sprint/app menu and my time/battery icon/connectivity menu bars" back???
    -- now the only thing that is that is that phone and arrow bar and it never goes away!

all i did was update to webos1.2 and after using webos repair. how do i get the bar back?
    -- already tried doing webos repair again..

heres my screen shot
    Hey I have a small question so am I waiting for a new version ofwebos repair to come out or webos doctor ??? I reallyneed help i have so much saved on my phone and I can not get some of these patches get corrected I wasnt paying attetion and updated the second upate to my pre and in doig so i meesed up and now it shows as if my phone still has a few patches still on and also the webos didnt help. Ive tried goin through webos quick install 2.72 and i also tried doing it through preware but no go so can some one help me please. Aslo i just wanna say thanks for all that u guys hav done yall have been a great amount of help. But SERIOUSLY SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!
    ASH
    Nice the new quick install is out.

So I can't wait till RU supports 1.2.1

My phone installed 1.2.1 with out me knowing and I had patches installed.
    can some one please tell me if a new version of the webos repair coming out anytime soon it would help me so much seriously thank you again.
    Ash
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpatel77 View Post
    can some one please tell me if a new version of the webos repair coming out anytime soon it would help me so much seriously thank you again.
    Ash
    If the 1.2.1 webos doctor is out then it can be updated otherwise we have to wait for them to release the new doctor 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Nice the new quick install is out.

So I can't wait till RU supports 1.2.1

My phone installed 1.2.1 with out me knowing and I had patches installed.
    I'm in the same boat, and now i can't re-enable the patches that were installed.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Can anyone post the virtual keyboard contents and folder? I uninstalled it via preware, then deleted it via internalz, and now preware says that it can't remove it. I know I should've removed the folder via usb, but if anyone can post it, that would be great.
    I'm starting to think they may not release a 1.2.1 WebOS Doctor at all.

Why would they need to? The 1.2.0 is sufficient; anyone with a borked Pre can WebOS Doctor to 1.2.0 and regular update to 1.2.1. So Palm really doesn't HAVE to go through the trouble of cranking out this release.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just following my common sense intuition here.
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    I'm starting to think they may not release a 1.2.1 WebOS Doctor at all.

Why would they need to? The 1.2.0 is sufficient; anyone with a borked Pre can WebOS Doctor to 1.2.0 and regular update to 1.2.1. So Palm really doesn't HAVE to go through the trouble of cranking out this release.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just following my common sense intuition here.
    I'm pretty sure there will be a 1.2.1 Doctor. Keep in mind Canadians on Bell only just now got 1.2.1. So hopefully the new doctor will be out soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm pretty sure there will be a 1.2.1 Doctor. Keep in mind Canadians on Bell only just now got 1.2.1. So hopefully the new doctor will be out soon
    hope so
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hopefully soon. I'm getting really sick of just seeing a picture instead of my text message notification. You think I could use repair 1.2.0 to just fix that?
    I uploaded the neon green theme about 3 days ago, since then i have not been able to fully delete the theme. My problem is that i do not know the proper terminology for the specific parts of the theme in order to do proper research. The little bar at the top that says sprint and the time are both green. I also have no clue on how to physically alter themes without using webos installer or preware. No matter if i delete the current theme and put a theme over it, still those two pieces remain green, even if that theme is supposed to put a new color on them. I have even went as far as going into the system info, and ran a full erase. still, they are green! Someone please help, I'm losing my mind!
    Jason, quick question: If we have some patches/tweaks loaded via Preware, and run Repair Utility, will the patches/tweaks be affected?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DretheAce View Post
    Jason, quick question: If we have some patches/tweaks loaded via Preware, and run Repair Utility, will the patches/tweaks be affected?
    Absolutely. WebOS Repair goes and replaces all of the modified files it finds with stock palm files. Your palm files were modified, thus the patch, and they will be removed. I don't know if Preware will freak out though, since it will probably think those patches are still live...
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Absolutely. WebOS Repair goes and replaces all of the modified files it finds with stock palm files. Your palm files were modified, thus the patch, and they will be removed. I don't know if Preware will freak out though, since it will probably think those patches are still live...
    Yes preware will still think they are applied. I used quilt to remove several of the patches that I applied with preware to test that very thing. They are listed and attempting to remove them results in an error since the patch is no longer applied.
    When i open webos quick install then go to tweaks i get an msg telling me that tweaking requires package mngr, gnu patch and diffstat to fcn....i install it then it gives me an error msg

error: An error occured while attempting to install file .ipk...... Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch check spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

so therefore i am not able to put any tweaks on my phone

I had to use the utility after 1.2.1 updated on its own and messed up my quick installed tweaks, and it is still restoring after an hour, is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    I had to use the utility after 1.2.1 updated on its own and messed up my quick installed tweaks, and it is still restoring after an hour, is this normal?
    no u know y...bc RU is not compatible with 1.2.1 so ur pretty much f*cking up ur pre...ur gonna have to do the doctor on it

Currently only compatible with WebOS v1.2.0 NOT 1.2.1. Running on a different version will undoubtedly cause serious damage (possibly requiring WebOSDoctor to recover/whipe the device). This is an in-development app, so don't be surprised to see bugs.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    no u know y...bc RU is not compatible with 1.2.1 so ur pretty much f*cking up ur pre...ur gonna have to do the doctor on it
    thanks, I am doin the doctor now, I will be able to restore my profile right?