Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    bigfire,

Are you comfortable with using the command line while accessing linux on the pre (aka rooting)? If so I would like you to enter df at the root@castle:/# prompt. Copy the info and paste it in a reply. This will show us how much space of each partition is taken up and may help diagnose if it is a space issue.
    Would've liked to trouble shoot with linux access, but its been 2 months since I've set up root, and I decided to Doctor cell. These days its so fast to wipe the slate clean and reinstall everything! Just typed the webos20090606 to enable dev mode, installed QI 2.03 and got preware, and am almost back to where i was in about an hour of total work time (including time to doctor).

Now just tryin to figure out how to have Preware find all the Patches

To Jason: (wish I could tag like in twitter or FB LOL!)

Do you know anything about changing hash code parameters to increase internet connectivity speed??? I've forced my Pre to connect automatically to the nearest Home Agent and have really enjoyed the increase, but wondering if you have experience that would say its a bad idea.

Considering I haven't had any issues, I assume its no prob, but just wanted to ask an expert. For more info on what I'm blabbing about, find the thread I started on "Increase Sprint TV and Internet Speed"
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I remove all 15 patches and the original blue theme, then installed all 15 patches and the theme again. Everything works great.
  3.    #423  
    Current WebOS Repair Utility version is not compatible with 1.2.1.

However Chuq from Palm has told me the new 1.2.1 version of WebOSDoctor should be uploaded soon. Once it is, I'll update WebOS Repair Utility.

@bigfire: No idea. I don't know anything about "changing hash code parameters to increase internet connectivity speed", I'm ashamed to say, heh.
    Hey Jason,

Do you know what happens to additional Launcher pages after running the repair utility? I'm just curious.
    I ask about WebOS updates Here

Keep up the good work.

So that I am clear, using the compatibility feature of the Repair Utility, it removes all tweaks and themes just like if I were to just uncheck them in WOQI right? Both methods are much less tedious than removign them via Preware.

Keep up the good work. I greatly appreciate what you have done for the Palm Pre. I think that Palm should send you one or a Pixi. I like both PreWare and WOQI. I think they are both necessary programs. You're diligence on improvements is quite impressive. I wonder how quickly the iPhone community evolved. I doubt it was this quickly. You have made amazing progress in such a short time of knowing the ins and outs of WebOS
    Last edited by cajunlibra; 10/03/2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Added link
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Hey Jason,

Do you know what happens to additional Launcher pages after running the repair utility? I'm just curious.
    I ask about WebOS updates Here

Keep up the good work.

So that I am clear, using the compatibility feature of the Repair Utility, it removes all tweaks and themes just like if I were to just uncheck them in WOQI right? Both methods are much less tedious than removign them via Preware.

Keep up the good work. I greatly appreciate what you have done for the Palm Pre. I think that Palm should send you one or a Pixi. I like both PreWare and WOQI. I think they are both necessary programs. You're diligence on improvements is quite impressive. I wonder how quickly the iPhone community evolved. I doubt it was this quickly. You have made amazing progress in such a short time of knowing the ins and outs of WebOS
    Preware now has added Emergency Patch Removal (EPR) to their available packages. You install it and reboot your Pre. It removes EVERY patch (tweak) on your phone, except Virtual Keyboard). To remove the VKB, you do that separately from within Preware. Then you delete the VKB folder from your Pre using USB connection to your computer.

I did all of the above first, then downloaded and installed the new Palm OS V1.2.1.

All of my launcher pages were still on the Pre.

I then reapplied all of my patches using Preware. Everything is working fine.
    Steve
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Current WebOS Repair Utility version is not compatible with 1.2.1.

However Chuq from Palm has told me the new 1.2.1 version of WebOSDoctor should be uploaded soon. Once it is, I'll update WebOS Repair Utility.

@bigfire: No idea. I don't know anything about "changing hash code parameters to increase internet connectivity speed", I'm ashamed to say, heh.
    Also having some issues and needing to use this utility with 1.2.1 - I will await your update, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Hey Jason,

After updating to WebOS 1.2.0, all my icons were stacked onto each other on one launcher page. After I ran the Repair Utility, it restored all the icons on their appropriate, separate launcher pages. The tweak to actually ADD/DELETE launcher pages wasn't available, but the 5 launcher pages I had set before the update were there.

Hope that helps answer your question.
    When the new version for 1.2.1 comes out, will it also remove/repair files changed from patches installed with Preware? I installed the patch to change alert sounds and changed one of them to phone ring sound. Now if I have alerts turned on, it plays that ring sound (forever). I've tried to remove the patch but it still only plays the ring tone. I then reinstalled it, but to doesn't show up under Sounds & Ringtones. I guess my question is, will WebOS Repair Utility restore my original alert tone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    When the new version for 1.2.1 comes out, will it also remove/repair files changed from patches installed with Preware? I installed the patch to change alert sounds and changed one of them to phone ring sound. Now if I have alerts turned on, it plays that ring sound (forever). I've tried to remove the patch but it still only plays the ring tone. I then reinstalled it, but to doesn't show up under Sounds & Ringtones. I guess my question is, will WebOS Repair Utility restore my original alert tone?
    u can have ur default notification sound...its still in ur phone...

/usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav with internals and move it to the folder u want
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

This app just saved me a bunch of trouble. Thanks, JR.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u can have ur default notification sound...its still in ur phone...

/usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav with internals and move it to the folder u want
    I appreciate your response, but that doesn't really help. In the Sounds & Ringtones app, I no longer have the option of changing the sound, just on or off. The patch doesn't seem to work now. Also, I checked using USB mode, I don't see a folder called USR. Will Jason's Repair Utility restore my changed files that were changed with Preware? (After it's updated for 1.2.1)

Edit: This morning I was able to reinstall the message notification patch and this time it worked. I still can't find the original notification.wav sound, but I was able to download a simple ding sound and that's working.
    Last edited by Ramer84015; 10/04/2009 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Add comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    I still can't find the original notification.wav sound.
    Here is the original notification sound.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Here is the original notification sound.
    Thanks, I got used to it!
    Lets get it working on 1.2.1!! Thank youuuu
    A friend of mine has a WebOS 1.1 Palm Pre that is broken somehow and won't update to 1.2.

Where can we download WebOS Repair Utility for 1.1, so that he can fix his phone's 1.1 install, then update to 1.2.1? He has a lot of customizations done and doesn't really want to completely wipe with WebOS Doctor if he can help it.
    I was running the WebOS Repair Utility 1.5 and have the newest WesOS doctor and when canning it comes up with missing files and i tell it to relace or repair then and it then says that the files are not found in WebOS doc. I havent had the chance to update to WesOS 1.2.1 because i am in canada. I am wondering if anyone else has had this and what do i do to fix it. Thank you
    Jason,
    If my screen isn't responding from patch not uninstalling correctly, would this restore it? I used EPR and i don't think it removed all the patches and after updating to 1.2.1 my screen stopped working. I know it's not hardware cuz when i plug the phone to my computer it works again. It may have been the LED notification that was not uninstalled correctly cause when i go to restart my phone the led starts going crazy. I didn't want to doctor the phone. I read in a earlier post that you made the program tweak friendly but wasn't sure if you made it to ignore patches as well. I hope not as that may solve my problem. I also have an issue with another patch installed from preware not wanting to uninstall. thank you in advance.
    Last edited by mkv_wolf; 10/04/2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: p.s.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    EPR did not remove all the patches for me either, preware won't do it, is there an eta on new wosrepair?
    Jason can't even start to work on the Repair Utility for WebOS 1.2.1 until the WebOS Doctor 1.2.1 download is available, So just wait.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    A friend of mine has a WebOS 1.1 Palm Pre that is broken somehow and won't update to 1.2.

Where can we download WebOS Repair Utility for 1.1, so that he can fix his phone's 1.1 install, then update to 1.2.1? He has a lot of customizations done and doesn't really want to completely wipe with WebOS Doctor if he can help it.
    Here is WebOsRepair Utility V1.4 From 9/28/09
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve